Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Rumor SkyWest Inc. receives new jet financing?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I would say your wrong.. XJT always had it. CO pilots put a block with scope.. But if ever change, they could excute it...

And no they did not. Not until JA SKYW INC tried to buy you and also the ASA deal. You might want to check your sources.

I know it all sounds silly, but these days the back-room career-killing games that managements play are MUCH more significant to our careers than just "getting airplanes." If this entire rumor were true, then most regional pilots today could probably kiss the idea of ever working for a major goodbye. Hence the heightened interest.

Worse case scenario, there will still be plenty of mainline jobs.... overseas.

Some of these jobs have starting pay that tops some mainline captain's pay. Anyways, thats a different subject...Ill start a new thread

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

Delta has a hard time predicting their schedule two weeks out. To think any kind of planning can be done that far out in this industry is ludicrous!

Their planning says we will START hiring from end of 2013 to beginning of 2015. they put a 14-18 month dartboard up on the wall. That's not a plan, it just something HR people say to shut up all the phone calls. It's not like they are saying "this is our window", they are saying that the first new hire class will happen somewhere over this 14-18 month span.

It's not like they are saying "this is our window", they are saying that the first new hire class will happen somewhere over this 14-18 month span.
...unless changes in the economy and/or business model require growth in some segment before then, or contraction of the economy causes unexpected large capacity cuts killing hiring plans until after then....the best laid plans of mice and airlines are almost always useless.

Seriously doubt that Delta mgnt would even consider downsizing DCI. Delta is the king of outsourcing. Mgnt doesn't voluntary start contract talks early to give a gift to the pilots!!! It is for a deal that mgmt want now... (like less scope for more pay).
Delta mgmt might do strange things from time to time, but even they would not do something so stupted!
Only way they would be willing to drop the # of 50s is if they were directly replaced for larger guage aircraft.
Keep hoping.... Maybe obama will help :)

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back