Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Rumor SkyWest Inc. receives new jet financing?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
All has to do with "high operating" cost, and nothing to do with airline management doing a piss poor job at running their airline. Look at these regional carriers have problems with money, and you can go directly to upper management for the main source of their financial woes.

I've heard this rumor from three different people now, that Skywest Inc has recently secured a multi-billion-dollar loan for new aircraft financing. I couldn't find anything public, other than this somewhat old news article: http://www.airfinancejournal.com/Article/2888629/SkyWest-plans-large-regional-jet-order.html

Has anyone heard anything substantial? And if so, what kind of jets would be purchased? The rumor I heard mentioned C-Series, with some kind of scope-busting guaranteed-seat-purchase codeshare agreement with DL. Not that I agree, but could this be done? Is there anything in the DL pilot contract that would prohibit this kind of innovation? Might this be the reason DL management is trying to get their pilot contract done early, before they spring this surprise?

Honest question?

WHY would anyone at a regional want or hope for larger aircraft growth?

You will NEVER get to a real carrier? Stop being size queens and care about the long term.

I cross my fingers and hope we don't get more 70/90 flying from AA/Eagle.

I'm fairly certain you'll have your wish.

This is the rumor I heard from a reputable source:

MRJ

then i guess we cross our fingers and hope for more 70/90 flying from AA

I cross my fingers and hope we don't get more 70/90 flying from AA/Eagle.

Eh, a lot of of just accept mainline will sell out scope. Since they'll do it anyway you might as well pray for the scraps. Would all of us wish the regional hell would end? Yup. Does wishing make it so? Nope.

Eh, a lot of of just accept mainline will sell out scope. Since they'll do it anyway you might as well pray for the scraps. Would all of us wish the regional hell would end? Yup. Does wishing make it so? Nope.

Ya, I hope Eagle gets that flying if not AA. Good enough for you?

Ya, I hope Eagle gets that flying if not AA. Good enough for you?

Surely.

Am I the only one that hopes it all falls apart and the government takes it back and re-regulates it? All CEO's out of a job, stupid and poorly paid government workers become managers (instead of stupid and highly paid MBA's), and we get pensions back and great health care.

Surely.

Am I the only one that hopes it all falls apart and the government takes it back and re-regulates it? All CEO's out of a job, stupid and poorly paid government workers become managers (instead of stupid and highly paid MBA's), and we get pensions back and great health care.

Wont change a thing. Airline industry is as regulated as it can get. More regulated than the tobacco industry. Apparently flying is a sin.....

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

I don't know why so many of you guys think that life is going to be soooo much better at a major. The pay is a little better, but trust me, you will spend the additional income, and be functionally in a similar place you are now. Once you make captain and have a good schedule at a regional, the case for making the move to a major becomes a little less clear. Move to a major = commuting to work, older-less automated aircraft, Less pay, worse schedule, & horrible job security (& having to fly with some dushbag captain… get to fly with my favorite capt. every day now). I am very comfortable with my schedule, pay, and life style now. I would like nothing more than to see SKW pioneer a new business model for the regionals (really a major by definition) that moves us away from this fee for departure model, and to more of a code share type situation. That most likely includes relaxed scope from the mainline partners for larger aircraft at the regionals. So for you guys that keep hoping for the demise of the regionals, and your protection of possible future jobs at the majors…. Good luck, but know this, despite what most self-righteous pilots think, management is really in control of the flight path of the airline…. Pilots are just the pesky little FOs with bad ideas….
Just remember, the grass is always greener on the other side of the fence…. Problem is it is usually over a septic system!!!

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back