Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Rumor SkyWest Inc. receives new jet financing?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Surely.

Am I the only one that hopes it all falls apart and the government takes it back and re-regulates it? All CEO's out of a job, stupid and poorly paid government workers become managers (instead of stupid and highly paid MBA's), and we get pensions back and great health care.

Surely you want you want your scenario to happen? Because that is not what I was saying I would like to see happen. I don't see where we agree.

I don't know why so many of you guys think that life is going to be soooo much better at a major. The pay is a little better, but trust me, you will spend the additional income, and be functionally in a similar place you are now. Once you make captain and have a good schedule at a regional, the case for making the move to a major becomes a little less clear. Move to a major = commuting to work, older-less automated aircraft, Less pay, worse schedule, & horrible job security (& having to fly with some dushbag captain… get to fly with my favorite capt. every day now). I am very comfortable with my schedule, pay, and life style now. I would like nothing more than to see SKW pioneer a new business model for the regionals (really a major by definition) that moves us away from this fee for departure model, and to more of a code share type situation. That most likely includes relaxed scope from the mainline partners for larger aircraft at the regionals. So for you guys that keep hoping for the demise of the regionals, and your protection of possible future jobs at the majors…. Good luck, but know this, despite what most self-righteous pilots think, management is really in control of the flight path of the airline…. Pilots are just the pesky little FOs with bad ideas….
Just remember, the grass is always greener on the other side of the fence…. Problem is it is usually over a septic system!!!

Who cares. Just go about your way with your beliefs of Skywest and let others think that the opposite is true, including the demise of regionals as opposed to the majors. Who is to say what people do with their money or that it's not ok to "be functionally in a similar place you are now." I guess you are so much better than ANYONE AND EVERYONE who has ever gone from regional captain to major FO. Good for you.

Last edited:
Surely you want you want your scenario to happen? Because that is not what I was saying I would like to see happen. I don't see where we agree.

Comprehension fail. "Surely" - in agreement to your correct post. Everything else was a bunch of questions open for you or anyone to answer.

Never said I was better than anyone else, just said for me, I am happy where I am...
IMO... More money (way down the road by the way) & bigger airplanes do not equal happiness. If you can't be happy with what you have and where you are, changing airlines is not going to suddenly make you happy.... It a personal problem. For ME, I would like to stay where I am, & see my company grow & prosper. FYI most of the people @ the top of some of the most desirable places got hired then when it was NOT the most desirable place to be.... Think about it.

Last edited:
Never said I was better than anyone else, just said for me, I am happy where I am...
IMO... More money (way down the road by the way) & bigger airplanes do not equal happiness. If you can't be happy with what you have and where you are, changing airlines is not going to suddenly make you happy.... It a personal problem. For ME, I would like to stay where I am, & see my company grow & prosper. FYI most of the people @ the top of some of the most desirable places got hired then when it was NOT the most desirable place to be.... Think about it.

I used to hear this from Comair pilots a lot back in the day.

I used to hear this from Comair pilots a lot back in the day.

A lot of those top Comair guys still say that.

Seriously man, some of these guys have kids, the paycheck gets cashed, they are home 16 or so days a month, they just don't care. I've flown with them (CA like that, not Comair CA's), they are actually very relaxing to fly with.

Some people just accept that it's no longer a career, it's a job. :) *duck*

Skywest will be branded by 2014. And they will probably do extremely well. The 'get it' in St. George. Delta/united will not be able to compete on west coast point to point. Alaska has gone to strictly feeder and reduced rj feed from horizon. Very different element out west, not exactly dca-lga with 4 branded carriers selling tickets (acai)

The problem is, you really know nothing else. You have no idea what it could be like, instead you are happy in your own little world, probably memorized the ATC frequencies too. It's called a comfort zone. I flew INTL corporate flights all over the world after my first furlough, and I enjoyed that a lot. I can't wait to
get back out there, but in the meantime I will enjoy the current plane I am on. But the key is, I will be able to move around and see different things, different places, on different planes. Maybe that scares you? And thats.......OK.....I guess. If that is the only way you can enjoy life, then that's great for you. Say hi to Bob on 119.95 on SLC Center.... And it would take about 3 years to make more at a "good" major than where you are. When things start moving hiring wise, guys initially hired in the first wave will do very well. But, it's up to you to decide if you want to apply.

Godspeed!

The OYSter

So by your logic, I need to be uncomfortable to be a real airline pilot?
Look- my check cashes, my schedule is great, I get to spend a lot of time with my family & kids, & I actually enjoy my job (amazing after 11 years!)
U have fun traveling all the time all over the world... I will stay right here in my "comfort zone" retire rich & happy.
Later

So by your logic, I need to be uncomfortable to be a real airline pilot?
Look- my check cashes, my schedule is great, I get to spend a lot of time with my family & kids, & I actually enjoy my job (amazing after 11 years!)
U have fun traveling all the time all over the world... I will stay right here in my "comfort zone" retire rich & happy.
Later

No no no no. You HAVE to get to mainline early to start up that pension! *sarcasm of course*

Skywest will be branded by 2014. And they will probably do extremely well. The 'get it' in St. George. Delta/united will not be able to compete on west coast point to point. Alaska has gone to strictly feeder and reduced rj feed from horizon. Very different element out west, not exactly dca-lga with 4 branded carriers selling tickets (acai)
And in BK by 2015.

Latest resources

Back