Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Rumor SkyWest Inc. receives new jet financing?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Comprehension fail. "Surely" - in agreement to your correct post. Everything else was a bunch of questions open for you or anyone to answer.

All my posts are correct! So which one are you surely in agreement with? That we want AA/Eagle to keep that flying? Because that was my only point.

Never said I was better than anyone else, just said for me, I am happy where I am...
IMO... More money (way down the road by the way) & bigger airplanes do not equal happiness. If you can't be happy with what you have and where you are, changing airlines is not going to suddenly make you happy.... It a personal problem. For ME, I would like to stay where I am, & see my company grow & prosper. FYI most of the people @ the top of some of the most desirable places got hired then when it was NOT the most desirable place to be.... Think about it.

No you didn't say those words but it certainly sounded to me like that is what you were saying. When you start off by saying how you don't know why so many people think that life is going to be soooo much better at a major as if that is never a possibility. Then you preemptively make an argument about why more pay is not worth it because we need to trust you in that we will spend that additional income and be functionally in a similar place we are now as if no one ever makes a better life for themselves with a little more income. Then you make the case for staying at a regional by saying that once you make captain and have a good schedule, the case for making the move to a major becomes a little less clear, which may be true yet you discount those place like comair, eagle, horizon, etc which takes a long time to get a good captain's schedule. Then you go back to bashing going to a major by assuming that everyone will commute, fly older-less automated aircraft (as if that's a big issue), less pay, worse schedule, horrible job security (think SWA for the last three items), and having to fly with some dooshbag captain (as if there aren't any at your airline or flight deck). Then you bash self righteous pilots for wanting mainline to scope in more flying after your hopes and wishes that Skywest grows and prospers by mainline pilots giving flying up so that you can fly your larger codeshare aircraft.

Sounds to me like classic justification for your decisions and a tacit solicitation of approval while trying to bring others down for having a different life situation and therefore different career decisions. So let me be the first to say, I commend you for making decisions that put your family before more money or some self induced sense of gratification from flying big airplanes for 16 hours at a time over some ocean. I've done the same. My only issue is your pompous, arrogant, self righteous, convenient assumption filled, diatribe on how so many people are wrong for going to a major as opposed to your clairvoyant decision to stay at Skywest. We all have different wants and needs. Yours are not better than anyone else's.

Last edited:
There's rationalisation in adundance here.

Is a job at a major what it used to be, absolutely not. But having spent 6 years at ACA/FlyI (and watching that bright idea crash and burn) and 2 years at a nonsched I am at Delta. I can tell you with all sincerity the QOL at work is night and day here compared to my two previous employers. The worst day at Delta makes the best days at ACA/World feel like a colonoscopy by a gastro who forgot the anesthesia.

Go ahead. Pick your reasons for deciding to hang your hat at a regional. But don't be surprised if some of us here, who've been there and done that, find them to be a bit more "excuse" than rational decision-making.

Yes.....RJ 50 seaters as well as the 700/900 are being hurt by high jet fuel prices....

But I wonder.....what happens to this market segment if all these airplanes are retrofitted with appropriate versions of the P & W GTF engine?

Now......there's a true game changer.....

Because.....it is coming.....

Yes.....RJ 50 seaters as well as the 700/900 are being hurt by high jet fuel prices....

But I wonder.....what happens to this market segment if all these airplanes are retrofitted with appropriate versions of the P & W GTF engine?

Now......there's a true game changer.....

Because.....it is coming.....

Honestly, I don't think the 50 seat RJ's are hurting as much as some want us to believe....

Yeah 50 seaters are not profitable....err...um then why is cal/united pulling emb 135's out of the desert and flying them around?

Yeah 50 seaters are not profitable....err...um then why is cal/united pulling emb 135's out of the desert and flying them around?

Because they are even less profitable sitting in the desert waiting for lease to expire

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

There's rationalisation in adundance here.

Is a job at a major what it used to be, absolutely not. But having spent 6 years at ACA/FlyI (and watching that bright idea crash and burn) and 2 years at a nonsched I am at Delta. I can tell you with all sincerity the QOL at work is night and day here compared to my two previous employers. The worst day at Delta makes the best days at ACA/World feel like a colonoscopy by a gastro who forgot the anesthesia.

Go ahead. Pick your reasons for deciding to hang your hat at a regional. But don't be surprised if some of us here, who've been there and done that, find them to be a bit more "excuse" than rational decision-making.

Nice post....the absolute truth.

Latest resources

Back