Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Rumor SkyWest Inc. receives new jet financing?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
So said my buddy too me! Furloughed from US Airways once and Furloughed by United 2 times. Now at Emirates hating his aviation career! All the meantime I've lived a stable life at Piedmont... And best of all have spent more time with my 6 year old daughter then most dad's can ever dream of.
It is what it is!!!!

Roger that..

I like my 12+ years at my regional. Turned down JB 8 months ago... We will see how that decesion plays out.

So said my buddy too me! Furloughed from US Airways once and Furloughed by United 2 times. Now at Emirates hating his aviation career! All the meantime I've lived a stable life at Piedmont... And best of all have spent more time with my 6 year old daughter then most dad's can ever dream of.
It is what it is!!!!

But your buddy at Emirates will be "attractive" to all the legacies when they start hiring again. What about you bud? Do you think you will ever want to leave PDT, or will you apply somewhere else when hiring heats up? Still enjoying that Southern Food in New Bern? Still catching food from your dock? Sounds nice.

Bye Bye---General Lee

That is the plan as of right now. But just like any other pilot at the regionals, you don't know you are a lifer until you are one. Which is PRECISELY why I only applied to two regionals, the two that had the best pilot contracts. I figured that if I was going to be "stuck" that I might as well be stuck at the place with the best pay and QOL.

Why do you ask?

Ironic- the best contracts in this business never survive the pace of the race. They always get cut, and always will. At least until the unions at the legacies and the regionals work on brand scope. Cost is THE driving factor in this game, and labor contracts are a part of that.

Ironic- the best contracts in this business never survive the pace of the race. They always get cut, and always will. At least until the unions at the legacies and the regionals work on brand scope. Cost is THE driving factor in this game, and labor contracts are a part of that.

What is brand scope and why should there be brand scope?

But your buddy at Emirates will be "attractive" to all the legacies when they start hiring again. What about you bud? Do you think you will ever want to leave PDT, or will you apply somewhere else when hiring heats up? Still enjoying that Southern Food in New Bern? Still catching food from your dock? Sounds nice.

Bye Bye---General Lee

Typical Massengill, I mean general lee. Ripping on others who are content at a regional. Is your life that pathetic that you are only defined by your job flying heavy equipment? Is your penis that small that you continually remind us you are a MAJOR airline pilot? General does your Mainline job compensate for your lack of manhood? There is way more in life than who we fly for or what equipment we fly.

What is brand scope and why should there be brand scope?

Brand scope ties the respective regionals to their mainline partners. This prevents ASA/Expressjet from becoming a USAirways carrier, GoJet from becoming a USAirways carrier, or PSA from becoming a DAL carrier. In essense, it locks regional flying to those parties that are currently doing it.

This is VERY important because it lessens the carriers that are able to bid on existing contracts and underbid others. If brand scope was in place, GoJet would be exclusively United, Comair and ASA exclusively DAL, etc.

This is important, because as things sit right now, if the regional pilots up pay rates accross the board, it doesn't have the desired effect of pushing the flying to the mainline. What it does is allow some clown to step up and start another regional to foot the cost structure desired.

Without brand scope, it doesn't matter who you fly for, or where- your airline WILL be underbid eventually, and you will lose your job, with no gain or improvement to the industry.

Brand scope has to be arranged and jointly negotiated between Mainline and Regional pilot unions. Primarily, it has to be pushed by the mainline. The problem is that it burns their negotiating capitol, and they view it as a waste on something that benefits us, at the regional level. What they don't realize, is that if I knew my flying would be given to another regional, I'd fall on the sword tomorrow in an effort to push flying back to mainline.

Brand scope ties the respective regionals to their mainline partners. This prevents ASA/Expressjet from becoming a USAirways carrier, GoJet from becoming a USAirways carrier, or PSA from becoming a DAL carrier. In essense, it locks regional flying to those parties that are currently doing it.

This is VERY important because it lessens the carriers that are able to bid on existing contracts and underbid others. If brand scope was in place, GoJet would be exclusively United, Comair and ASA exclusively DAL, etc.

This is important, because as things sit right now, if the regional pilots up pay rates accross the board, it doesn't have the desired effect of pushing the flying to the mainline. What it does is allow some clown to step up and start another regional to foot the cost structure desired.

Without brand scope, it doesn't matter who you fly for, or where- your airline WILL be underbid eventually, and you will lose your job, with no gain or improvement to the industry.

Brand scope has to be arranged and jointly negotiated between Mainline and Regional pilot unions. Primarily, it has to be pushed by the mainline. The problem is that it burns their negotiating capitol, and they view it as a waste on something that benefits us, at the regional level. What they don't realize, is that if I knew my flying would be given to another regional, I'd fall on the sword tomorrow in an effort to push flying back to mainline.

The waters are to muddy right now for brand scope as you call it. To many regionals fly for to many legacy carriers. How would ASA/Skywest for example pick who they fly for? Do you expect mainline to burn negotiating capitol on it? I don't. I hope they tighten there scope up or take the flying in house.

The waters are to muddy right now for brand scope as you call it. To many regionals fly for to many legacy carriers. How would ASA/Skywest for example pick who they fly for? Do you expect mainline to burn negotiating capitol on it? I don't. I hope they tighten there scope up or take the flying in house.

The brand scope needs to be locked in, as a snap shot, as it exists right now. No more portfolio movement from carrier to carrier, is what is needed. Muddy- not really. We just need to set the picture as it exists right now.

Hope? Hope don't float........there is no hope in this game, only forcable action. As far as burning negotiating capitol on it- the juice has to be worth the squeeze, and an initiative has to be taken between regional MEC's and the Legacy MEC's to has out the pros and cons. Frankly, I think the pilot shortage will fix this mess on it's own.

That is not brand scope. Brand scope is mainline scoping in ALL flying done under their brand. In other words, if the airplane says united, delta, or American on it, it is flying by pilots on the united, delta, american seniority list, respectively.

Latest resources

Back