• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Rumor has it that LOA 93 Arbitrator Has Ruled

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Reliable source in CLT? That's an oxymoron. When will they announce it? You think Parker will honor it? Honestly, if this is what it takes to unify the group and start moving us towards a contract, that's great.

Frankly it is a win for the west either way. LOA 93 win for the east = west growth. LOA 93 loss for the east = eastholes pulling their heads out of their asses and moving forward...finally...

Either divulge the source or apologize for lying. There are only so many people who work in the CP office at DCA, so who was it and can the story be corroborated.

Two old bitter pilots that hate the world, the airline, the current and previous union, the opposite hemishere, each other, and the rest of life. There briefly seemed to be a glimmer of hope, like a diamond in a pile of sh!t, only to be destroyed by a dark, evil force known as a pilot's ego.

P.S.: I don't need to apologize for anything. Please read the title of this thread!

Two old bitter pilots that hate the world, the airline, the current and previous union, the opposite hemishere, each other, and the rest of life. There briefly seemed to be a glimmer of hope, like a diamond in a pile of sh!t, only to be destroyed by a dark, evil force known as a pilot's ego.

P.S.: I don't need to apologize for anything. Please read the title of this thread!

Your right. It's just a rumor. I can not speak for the rest of the West pilot group, but I am not bitter. I am however SUPREMELY disappointed in the East pilot group for the following:

1. Failing to abide by a final and binding arbitration that both sides agreed to, thereby causing us to legally defend our position.
  2. Attempting to sue 24+ West pilot (UNSUCCESSFULLY 2X with bias) of RICO charges. These vicious attacks were meant to get us to spend personal funds and bow to the DOH demands.
  3. Attempting to fire pilots for not paying union dues (the previous CBA had NEVER done that, I believe even Cleary owes ALPA $$).
  4. Failing to allow any West pilots to be in positions of leadership in the new union key committees (Merger, Contract, etc.).
  5. Screaming wolf regarding the alleged "data theft" that was no such thing.
  6. Paying a legal firm that promised a slam dunk w/ DOH over 10,000,000 in legal fees only to have bought delay in a new contract.
I thought there was no way the US Air pilot group could possibly make this merger any worse than the Northwest/Republic. The former US Air pilot group has made us surpass that by 10 fold.

We (the west) will sit & await the actual LOA 93 decision and the following results. The guy before me is right: It's a Win/Win for the West pilot group. East loses: Who knows what kind of reaction we will see? East wins: West becomes the cheaper labor source. Parker will do ANYTHING to not pay the snap back & he will do ANYTHING to dodge paying the snap back wages.

The have bought delay. They have cost us collectively HUNDREDS OF MILLIONS OF DOLLARS in wages, time off and contract improvements all for the cry of "It's not fair!". This will cement their place in airline labor history as the most obtuse group to ever.

If the pilots do in fact win LOA93, will the snap backs only apply to those east pilots on property when the letter was signed? I have a feeling that anyone hired afterwards on the east will be kept at the current payrates. After all, the E190 is excluded from LOA93. Any thoughts? Can you imagine? A and B scale on the east. Completely separate contract on the west; and a seniority dispute for the record books. I hope something good happens for you guys soon. A win here would be a start

Last edited:
If the pilots do in fact win LOA93, will the snap backs only apply to those east pilots on property when the letter was signed? I have a feeling that anyone hired afterwards on the east will be kept at the current payrates. After all, the E190 is excluded from LOA93. Any thoughts? Can you imagine? A and B scale on the east. Completely separate contract on the west; and a seniority dispute for the record books. I hope something good happens for you guys soon. A win here would be a start

LOA93 does not include the 190 so those rates stay the same, many of the 3rd listers are on group 2 planes though so they will see the restored pay rate

Latest resources

Back