• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Rumor has it that LOA 93 Arbitrator Has Ruled

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
NIC is a separate issue from LOA 93, so they are not related. Every single pilot here will get a vote if we ever get to a CBA - in the mean time - the East gets to upgrade all the angry FO's while the West stagnates. Now, with that being said - I agree the rates SUCK, but that is the reality for all US AIRWAYS pilots.

And, personally, I could care less which way you run with the ball - but you better figure out what your going to due when the next merger comes along and the PHX base is spun off to someone separate from the whole. And don't think it cant happen under the current TA, since we haven't merged the pilot groups yet.

Metrojet

" PHX base spun off "...leeme guess ...to republic maybe ? Typical USAPA propoganda . How's life in that parallell universe you living in ?

And regarding all the angry F/O's prancing around in their shiny new captain hats , I hear they're none too happy with a top out rate of 124/hr for group 2 aircraft.

But, hey;no worries. LOA 93 is riding to the rescue as we speak . Should be hear any day now, right ?

PHXFLYR

Last edited:
Well it kind of sounded that way with the whole " so that your new found flying buddies don't try to steal anything else from me and my fellow west pilots going forward." Anyway moving on then. As for 35, that happened 11 years ago so I kind of have to make do with what I got. You know what they say about the lemons and lemonade although I prefer limes with my tequila.

Well it kind of sounded that way with the whole " so that your new found flying buddies don't try to steal anything else from me and my fellow west pilots going forward." Anyway moving on then. As for 35, that happened 11 years ago so I kind of have to make do with what I got. You know what they say about the lemons and lemonade although I prefer limes with my tequila.

Hey! Like the attitude ...Good for you !! You'll probably land up liviing a lot longer, too. Agreed regarding the tequilas. If you ever make it out to PHX let me know via PM . First one's on me .

PHXFLYR

Hey! Like the attitude ...Good for you !! You'll probably land up liviing a lot longer, too. Agreed regarding the tequilas. If you ever make it out to PHX let me know via PM . First one's on me .

PHXFLYR
Will do although it might be sooner than you think. There is a open trip on Monday with a long PHX overnight that looks like it has my name on it. Cheers

Time for you to quit throwing out your chest and spouting off " Hell I don't give a rats a$$, USAPA is not my union " News Flash, Good Bad or otherwise It's the only one you got. Deal with it.
We are dealing with them. The West first demands they follow the Law and uphold their duty to fairly represent them. Not much to ask considering the dues money demanded by the "union". USAPA flatly refuses to respect any modicum of law that requires a West DFR. That's why they have been unable to leave the starting blocks in 3.5 years. They aren't going to move a God Damned millimeter towards a contract, (your much needed pay raise) until they follow the letter of the Law.

You're just pissed because the pay and work rules suck hard. You decided to come here anyway. There is no winning/losing side just a Legal/Illegal side. my suggestion to you and the rest of the 3rd listers is to join up with the PROVEN legal side and demand a reformed union that follows the law. Because until that happens no improvements of any description for you. You're still on the bottom of the list btw and all the new hires are furlough fodder for the West as well. Remember that when the AFO club tells you how much better off and smarter you are than the West.

USAPA either follows the law or twists impotently in the wind. Do you really need anymore proof? I'd say you have 3.5 years of proof. Its probably cost you over 100k btw....and counting daily.

Last edited:
There is no way to set aside the Seniority Integration at work on other things. This unresolved issue speaks directly to the character of the people you want to work with. If they can't be trusted to fix the problem they created by forming USAPA, then everything else is a waste of time.

The West's hands are tied. They can not work with the East. The risk of doing something that the East will later point to in court as acquiescence is too great. Principled resistance is the West's only option.

We are dealing with them. The West first demands they follow the Law and uphold their duty to fairly represent them. Not much to ask considering the dues money demanded by the "union". USAPA flatly refuses to respect any modicum of law that requires a West DFR. That's why they have been unable to leave the starting blocks in 3.5 years. They aren't going to move a God Damned millimeter towards a contract, (your much needed pay raise) until they follow the letter of the Law.

You're just pissed because the pay and work rules suck hard. You decided to come here anyway. There is no winning/losing side just a Legal/Illegal side. my suggestion to you and the rest of the 3rd listers is to join up with the PROVEN legal side and demand a reformed union that follows the law. Because until that happens no improvements of any description for you. You're still on the bottom of the list btw and all the new hires are furlough fodder for the West as well. Remember that when the AFO club tells you how much better off and smarter you are than the West.

USAPA either follows the law or twists impotently in the wind. Do you really need anymore proof? I'd say you have 3.5 years of proof. Its probably cost you over 100k btw....and counting daily.

One of the most concise & factual posts regarding our predicament in a long time. Thanks becket. We (the westies) are merely spectators at this point. USAPA & the company need to make the next move(s).

The TA allows the west to be spun off, if the pilots are not merged? I guess I didn't read that section. Can you please post it?

Guppiedriver -

1.tentative - under terms not final or fully worked out or agreed upon; "probationary employees"; "a provisional government"; "just a tentative schedule" probationary, provisional, provisionary
conditional - imposing or depending on or containing a condition; "conditional acceptance of the terms"; "lent conditional support"; "the conditional sale will not be complete until the full purchase price is paid"
2.tentative - unsettled in mind or opinion; "drew a few tentative conclusions"
doubtful
unsettled - still in doubt; "an unsettled issue"; "an unsettled state of mind"

Your welcome,
Metrojet

Guppiedriver -

1.tentative - under terms not final or fully worked out or agreed upon; "probationary employees"; "a provisional government"; "just a tentative schedule" probationary, provisional, provisionary
conditional - imposing or depending on or containing a condition; "conditional acceptance of the terms"; "lent conditional support"; "the conditional sale will not be complete until the full purchase price is paid"
2.tentative - unsettled in mind or opinion; "drew a few tentative conclusions"
doubtful
unsettled - still in doubt; "an unsettled issue"; "an unsettled state of mind"

Your welcome,
Metrojet
Ooh, this is gonna be fun. Metrojet gets a lesson in reading comprehension:

TA = TRANSITION AGREEMENT

Ain't nuthing tentative about that.

And YOU'RE welcome.

Latest resources

Back