• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Rumor Alert! - Delta/NWA SLI

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Hopefully, we'll see at least a five year fence so that the junior NWA pilots can finally cash-in on our seniority. Unfortunately, our movement upward has been consistent but slow in comparison to Delta being that there has never been a lump-sum retirement plan for our pilots.

B777-300ER is cool airplane and great for many international routes. I would like to see how ETOPS might or might not limit the B777 with our Asia operations, especially on the Polar routes. i think the B747-400 could be around for quite some time. Some of the newer -400s were delivered around 1996 0r 1997 so they are still relatively new aircraft with lots of life left.

I too am hoping for fences. While you focus on a handful of 747s, 330s, 777s, and 764s, I'd like fences around the meat of the DL list. Lets fence everything so we keep our 757/767s, 76ERs, 73Ns, and -88s, you keep -9s, 319/320s, and your 75s as well. Lastly lets throw in fences around SLC, LAX, and SEA to protect the people there from being over run. We all have a wish list.

Seniority is forever. At least this rumor stated both sides would get a dynamic list, which would be more fair. You guys only wanted your side to get it, and then for it to magically disappear 10 years later, right when our retirements started to happen. Classic. Again, I don't think this rumor would happen, but I guess we will see on Monday.

Bye Bye--General Lee

GL,

If administered correctly it could work in both directions to account retirements and furloughs simultaneously. There is nothing to say it has to drop dead in 10 years or not account for shrinkage. Think a snake that swallows a basketball, or decides to barf it up. Dynamic protects both groups for attrition on either end, so I really don't see what the issue is?

The claims that it is too hard is nonsense. I have no doubt we would have a MEC Cmte composed of pilots from both pre-merger groups to provide oversight of it's implementation.

Eventually all aircraft are going to be replaced, (even the venerable DC9/30/50/80/88) I think this is why it does not account for aircraft specifically - if an aircraft is replaced post SOC it benefits all. Dynamic can account for attrition of positions caused by fleet changes in either pre-merger group. It's about the positions, not the aircraft, and as long as dynamic accounts for those positions who cares about what the acft is?

OTOH it is preposterous to debit positions against an SLI for acft that are still on the property. You take the hit when and if it leaves, not before.

Iwant you to get credit for your retirements, and I hope you want us to get credit for ours. The beauty of the dynamic concept is it doesn't matter if you leave at 55, 60 or 65 or anywhere in between.

Hopefully, we'll see at least a five year fence so that the junior NWA pilots can finally cash-in on our seniority. Unfortunately, our movement upward has been consistent but slow in comparison to Delta being that there has never been a lump-sum retirement plan for our pilots.

B777-300ER is cool airplane and great for many international routes. I would like to see how ETOPS might or might not limit the B777 with our Asia operations, especially on the Polar routes. i think the B747-400 could be around for quite some time. Some of the newer -400s were delivered around 1996 0r 1997 so they are still relatively new aircraft with lots of life left.

We already do polar routes...been doing them for years. The 744's are planned to start being parked in 2012.

Sounds good to me. I got my Snow Mobile all ready for the North woods of WI. (Snow Machine to you peeps in Alaska)

Latest resources

Back