• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Rumor Alert! - Delta/NWA SLI

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Yeah weren't the NWA guys going to give up seniority for the "huge" payraise (actually around 5% after loss of 1.5 pay over 80, medical premium increase, etc), and huge growth (yeah, right). Looks like the NWA guys won't be going over to the DAL non-super premium mini-wide bodies anytime soon.

Glad some had the foresight to remember than payraises and growth are temporary, seniority is forever.

Seniority is forever. At least this rumor stated both sides would get a dynamic list, which would be more fair. You guys only wanted your side to get it, and then for it to magically disappear 10 years later, right when our retirements started to happen. Classic. Again, I don't think this rumor would happen, but I guess we will see on Monday.

Bye Bye--General Lee

Last edited:
Someone else wrote that if you want to know where the bookstore, coffee shop and good area to go running is, ask a Delta pilot. If you want to know where the happy hour lasts until 03 hundred, a place to buy a carton of cigarettes for $12, or a breakfast place with a stripper pole is, ask a Northwest pilot. I'm not sure what they meant.

Judging by that double breasted monstrosity that's hanging in my closet until March 30th, I'd say it's more like, "If you want to know where happy hour last until 0300, ask a Northwest pilot. If you want to find a breakfast place with all nude, all male entertainment, ask a Delta pilot.

Not sure why you think the average Northwest pilot has any less class or intelligence than the average Delta pilot, but it's a bit off putting.

Last edited:
It doesn't take into account all of their smaller planes and less pay. We'll see...

Bye Bye--General Lee

Unfortunately with a Dynamic or DOH list, without protections(fences), their are no viable protections for the B747-400 and A330 flying for NWA pilots. With the A330, NWA currently has the newest fleet crossing the Atlantic. These aircraft will be in service for the rest of our careers and these positions should be protected as well. Fences are needed for these protections because, as you've all said, it is about what you bring to the table.

Last edited:
No award ever has. I wouldn't get your hopes up.

No award? How about the lasty Nicolau award? How did the USAir East guys get the top 500 spots? Do you want to change your answer now? He gave them the top spots because they had something different with significantly larger planes. We have the same thing going on here but reversed (smaller on the bottom), and we have made a case for the DC9 to be in a category all in it's own. And have there been any awards dealing with ratios of the sizes of planes? I think there have. When was the last DOH or even the crazy DYNAMIC list award given? I really wouldn't get your hopes up either...Ask your lawyer how the last DOH attempt went.

Bye Bye--General Lee

Last edited:
Judging by that double breasted monstrosity that's hanging in my closet until March 30th, I'd say it's more like, "If you want to know where happy hour last until 0300, ask a Northwest pilot. If you want to find a breakfast place with all nude, all male entertainment, ask a Delta pilot.

Not sure why you think the average Northwest pilot has any less class or intelligence than the average Delta pilot, but it's a bit off putting.

Judging by the majority of your posts, its quite easy to figure it out junior.;)

Unfortunately with a Dynamic or DOH list, without protections(fences), their are no viable protections for the B747-400 and A330 flying for NWA pilots. With the A330, NWA currently has the newest fleet crossing the Atlantic. These aircraft will be in service for the rest of our careers and these positions should be protected as well. Fences are needed for these protections because, as you've all said, it is about what you bring to the table.

Well, I don't see anyone really "wanting" to fly your A330s from our side (nobody has bus experience), and I see 170 or so Greenbooks that were not allowed to upgrade since the Roberts award ended, so I would think they may be looking at our 777s. Your A330s are nice, and they were brought UP to our 764 pay, which is also a fine and newer aircraft. Your 744s will likely be replaced eventually with 777-300ERs to help with fleet commonality. Would we like fences? YES. We want to protect against those greenbooks that were treated unfairly and live near ATL. I think there will be a fence---maybe 3 years? That would be better than no fences---and we would also like them around the DC9---how about a top to bottom 3 year fence? Sounds good to me.

Bye Bye--General Lee

If you want to find a breakfast place with all nude, all male entertainment, ask a Delta pilot.

Jeesh, it was a joke & backhanded compliment. Surprisingly thin-skinned for someone giving the "up yours" in your avitar. ...The best joke quote from the merger was penned by a NWA writer in a Bastian briefing recap and I give him credit for:
Q: Are Delta pilots all sackless, company-hack, crapweasels who have never stood up to DAL about anything?
A:Yes.[I may have mis-heard the question]
Sports fans, only on Flight Info!

Last edited:
Your 744s will likely be replaced eventually with 777-300ERs to help with fleet commonality.

Bye Bye--General Lee

Hopefully, we'll see at least a five year fence so that the junior NWA pilots can finally cash-in on our seniority. Unfortunately, our movement upward has been consistent but slow in comparison to Delta being that there has never been a lump-sum retirement plan for our pilots.

B777-300ER is cool airplane and great for many international routes. I would like to see how ETOPS might or might not limit the B777 with our Asia operations, especially on the Polar routes. i think the B747-400 could be around for quite some time. Some of the newer -400s were delivered around 1996 0r 1997 so they are still relatively new aircraft with lots of life left.

Latest resources

Back