• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Rumor Alert! - Delta/NWA SLI

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Sounds as if some junior NWA pilots are getting nervous, and grasping on to anything and everything that the NWA side is putting out. I wouldn't worry a whole bunch Delta guys. The NWA side hasn't been right about much in this whole deal.

"Mr. Arbitrator, we at DALPA want relative seniority, because that is the only way things will be fair, except for the junior pilots of NWA, then we want to our junior pilots ahead of them because, well, ummmm, geez, errr, well, just because."

Yeah, if I was a junior DAL pilot, I wouldn't worry a bit.

Suggestion - drink beer, listen to Bob Marley "every ... thing gonna be all right."

...or a margarita and "Changes in Latitudes....Changes in Attitudes".....

I spoke with one of our MEC reps late this afternoon. First of all, there is still no indication from the arbitrators as to how they will rule. So anything is possible.

Having said that, the Delta MEC has not authorized our merger committee to negotiate anything that includes a dynamic list. To get this approval, they would need a special MEC meeting. Unless an MEC meeting is called, there will be no negotiated list that is dynamic.

Last edited:
I spoke with one of our MEC reps late this afternoon. First of all, there is still no indication from the arbitrators as to how they will rule. So anything is possible.

Having said that, the Delta MEC has not authorized our merger committee to negotiate anything that includes a dynamic list. To get this approval, they would need a special MEC meeting. Unless an MEC meeting is called, there will be no negotiated list that is dynamic.

Who said anything about negotiations? BTW, MEC Reps will be the last of the people to know anything about the list, negotiations, etc.

Who said anything about negotiations? BTW, MEC Reps will be the last of the people to know anything about the list, negotiations, etc.

unless the source of this rumor has some special insight as to how the arbitrators will rule, then this rumor is complete BS.

The reps may not be the first to know the list, but they do know what they have approved the merger committee to do. I doubt the DALPA merger committee would go off on their own and do something the MEC has not authorized them to do.

Last edited:
unless the source of this rumor has some special insight as to how the arbitrators will rule, then this rumor is complete BS.

The reps may not be the first to know the list, but they do know what they have approved the merger committee to do. I doubt the DALPA merger committee would go off on their own and do something the MEC has not authorized them to do.

Why do you think the DALPA merger committee will have anything to do with a dynamic list, if used? They will not. Bloch asked, Bloch was educated, Bloch understood. The time to negotiate has come and gone.

The arbitrators can do whatever they want, yours, ours, combo, staple, dynamic, whatever.

The arbitrators can do whatever they want, yours, ours, combo, staple, dynamic, whatever.

I agree. They can do what they want. But I do not believe the aribitrators have told anyone how they will rule. The only way anyone could have any insight as to how the list will come out is if they were invovled in negotiations. A dynamic list is not on the table for a negotiated list, so right now, anyone who says they know how the list will come out is full of it.

As my first post said, anything could happen. But for someone to claim they know the result at this point is flat out wrong.

Latest resources

Back