• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Rumor Alert! - Delta/NWA SLI

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Sounds as if some junior NWA pilots are getting nervous, and grasping on to anything and everything that the NWA side is putting out. I wouldn't worry a whole bunch Delta guys. The NWA side hasn't been right about much in this whole deal.

Really? We got nothing to lose, you offered us a staple(which was considered "middle of the road"). I don't see how we could do worse.

Last edited:
Sounds as if some junior NWA pilots are getting nervous, and grasping on to anything and everything that the NWA side is putting out. I wouldn't worry a whole bunch Delta guys. The NWA side hasn't been right about much in this whole deal.

The "NWA side" is not putting anything. This thread was started on pure conjecture.

We have heard NOTHING from our merger committee.

There is no reason why anyone from either merger committee would say anything about the what the arbitrators are thinking. In other words, there are NO leaks and anything said on this board are just educated guesses.

NWA ALPA, NWA Merger Committee have NOT put out anything.

We shall see what happens on December 8th.

I'd have to agree...I'm pretty sure this is a flightinfo.com rumor in it's entirety. There's absolutely nothing on the NWAlpa or national boards about any of this.

If you are a DAL 07 Hire you should hope for DOH. Why else would you be entitled to anything better than that?? All new hires after 01 should be DOH. No better/No Worse.

Because as a 07 hire we can hold widebody A/C ( more money second year pays over 80$ without the raise) and you guys can not. NWA pilots should only be allowed to bid DAL widebody A/C at the same time you would at NWA. The same way, I can not hold 777, so with my new number I SHOULD NOT BE ABLE TO HOLD your 744.

It seems to me that the NWA pilots can't wait to get on DAL's planes, but in the other hand I don't hear DAL guys fantasing over flying NWA planes, maybe the 744 a little. Let's hope for a 10 year fence on equipment and bases. I think 99% of the DAL pilot group would be in favor of that, how about NWA? That way you get so precious retirement credits and we won't be screwed by hundreds if not thousands of NWA pilots all of the sudden deciding to fly widebodies and ruining career expectations of junior F/Os and CPTs at DAL.

Lets not fight the whole SLI arbitration again.

Because as a 07 hire we can hold widebody A/C ( more money second year pays over 80$ without the raise) and you guys can not. NWA pilots should only be allowed to bid DAL widebody A/C at the same time you would at NWA. The same way, I can not hold 777, so with my new number I SHOULD NOT BE ABLE TO HOLD your 744.

It seems to me that the NWA pilots can't wait to get on DAL's planes, but in the other hand I don't hear DAL guys fantasing over flying NWA planes, maybe the 744 a little. Let's hope for a 10 year fence on equipment and bases. I think 99% of the DAL pilot group would be in favor of that, how about NWA? That way you get so precious retirement credits and we won't be screwed by hundreds if not thousands of NWA pilots all of the sudden deciding to fly widebodies and ruining career expectations of junior F/Os and CPTs at DAL.

Did you even read the proposal NWA presented? If you had you would have seen that BOTH DAL and NWA had positions fenced off. Those positions would only be available for the orignial pilot group UNLESS not enough people bid it. Then and only then would pilots from the other group be able to bid those protected positions. Also there is no bump and flush therefore everyone would at least be able to stay in their current position or at least pay protected.

BTW dont get worked up over Rumors, thats all it is right now. We'll see monday.

Suggestion - drink beer, listen to Bob Marley "every ... thing gonna be all right."

I do not think NWA pilots should be allowed to fly your 767's. I also don't think that just because your bottom guy can hold the 767 should make him senior to every single NWA pilot. There is NO fair way to merge these lists. Hopefully, whatever comes out does not ruin our company.

Latest resources

Back