• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Rumor Alert! - Delta/NWA SLI

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
The rumors are coming out of the NWA ALPA side of things. Nothing from Delta or DALPA. As I said, it seems that they may have the concept fairly correct, but the terms and conditions are the bread and butter. From what I was told, this was not given up, not even to them.

Now if they are 100% correct in what they are telling everyone, you are correct. The bottom 1/2 of the original DAL list will not move for 15 years. That is why, I think that a lot of the facts are missing, and in fact this is just a rumor. We know how these get started and where they go.

The only thing the arbitrators would do is hint at their decision. I am not sure that they would disclose anything. It would put both parties back in their corners. He would want to bring us to the table not back us away. Therefore, I cannot for the life of me see him detailing anything that would cause that.

Like this tread states, it is RUMOR that has very little fact to back it up. Until their is a negotiated list or they hand down the arbitrated one, I would not loose much sleep over this.

compared to whom? NWA 2000 hires?

Exactly, or even '99 hires.

Ratio pre-911 hires and DOH for post would have been the best way to do it imho. Or at least the most "fair" way for the majority of both lists. We'll see on Monday.

Exactly, or even '99 hires.

Ratio pre-911 hires and DOH for post would have been the best way to do it imho. Or at least the most "fair" way for the majority of both lists. We'll see on Monday.

Heyas Super,

I suspect you will see a ratio that "simulates" DOH for the bottom parts of the list.

Nu

Heyas ACL,

True, rumors are rumors....

Here's one more for ya...no aircraft orders of any kind will be used for the SLI. Only aircraft that are currently on the property as of a certain date.

Unknown as to what that date is...January, June, yesterday...

Now if they are 100% correct in what they are telling everyone, you are correct. The bottom 1/2 of the original DAL list will not move for 15 years.

The $64 question is "how much would you have moved, absent the merger?". If the answer to that is "none", then I'd say it was a fair solution, because you got what you brought.

Based on DALPAs own testimony, there was going to be movement on the DAL side, just some years past the NWA side. I'm sure that won't go away.

It could be that this is all pressure to bring both sides back to the table. It could VERY well be that the arbitrators are "asking questions" in such a way that it motivates each side.

I would say that the side that digs it's heels in has the most to lose.

Nu

You are 2007 hire...you should be ahead of those who were hired after you. Hopefully you are not under the impression that 2007 has any more entitlement.

Sounds as if some junior NWA pilots are getting nervous, and grasping on to anything and everything that the NWA side is putting out. I wouldn't worry a whole bunch Delta guys. The NWA side hasn't been right about much in this whole deal.

The $64 question is "how much would you have moved, absent the merger?". If the answer to that is "none", then I'd say it was a fair solution, because you got what you brought.

Exactly!

The movements they predicted for SLI were predicated on growth and that is clearly not happening. Retirements will still continue...

Latest resources

Back