• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Republic will be the next large National Airline

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Well you Frontier folks that would rather see the company die than become part of Republic may get your wish. The bk court decision allowing the rejection of the mechanics contract has been overturned, which will increase the costs of running the Frontier operation. If this causes Republic to pull out, and you don't find another equity investor, then liquidation is the ultimate destination. Sorry to see that happen to you guys, but sometimes you better be careful what you wish for....you just might get it.

Frontier's union victory overturned.

The Denver Post
Posted: 07/22/2009 01:00:00 AM MDT

A federal district judge overturned a bankruptcy court decision allowing Frontier Airlines Inc. to reject a contract with unionized machinists represented by the International Brotherhood of Teamsters.
U.S. Bankruptcy Judge Robert Drain in New York ruled Oct. 31 that Denver-based Frontier could reject the contract as part of its restructuring in Chapter 11, after the company changed its proposal to make outsourcing aircraft maintenance less likely. On Monday, U.S. District Judge P. Kevin Castel overturned that ruling, saying the discount carrier shouldn't have made changes to its proposal to the union for new contract terms after seeking to reject the contract. He sent the case back to the bankruptcy court.

Good for the mechanics. A contract is a contract. We screwed the Indians out of a lot in this country on contract fine details, it's nice to see mgmt and their high priced attorneys lose one.

Sorry Corn but no one at F9 is old enough to be my father unless you got some 65 yr old capts out there.

I may work for S^itty wages but those S^itty wages allowed my compnay to PURCHASE your's. I'm not giving you guys squat when it comes to MY company you will soon be working for. You want to talk about a national senority list? Thats what your asking for if you want the top of MY list.....thats cool, I'll take that and give me my senority from '95 then.

Dues? You wanna talk about dues? Tell me about all your great experience as an aviator. Cargo, charter, regional...wooooo

You guys are an LCC. Quit pretending like your company is bigger than it really is. Airframe for airframe, pilot group for pilot group we're larger.

Please STFU. If you were hired at Republic in '95 and still working there, then there is something seriously wrong with you. There are only 9 pilots hired in '95 still working at Republic. Every single major airline has hired between '95 and now. The fact that you never left an all Saab airline shows your character. You must be the bottom of the barrel when it comes to airline pilots. Paycheck for paycheck, Frontier is larger. Frontier and Midwest were airlines where you could proudly hang your hat at the end of your career. Republic is not. There are plenty of airline pilots hired at Chautauqua after 1995 that left for Midwest and Frontier. Why? Because Midwest and Frontier are better pilot jobs.

Paycheck for paycheck, Frontier is larger. Frontier and Midwest were airlines where you could proudly hang your hat at the end of your career. Republic is not. There are plenty of airline pilots hired at Chautauqua after 1995 that left for Midwest and Frontier. Why? Because Midwest and Frontier are better pilot jobs.[/QUOTE]
Exactly, sounds like popeye is trying to now justify why he stayed at a regional so long, like he knew all along that his garbage regional would turn into something big and buy other airlines. My guess is he was shot down by several other carriers and is now lashing out. Bad karma dude, it will come back around to you. You are not impressing anybody by bragging how your slave labor wages put your company in better position.

Please STFU. If you were hired at Republic in '95 and still working there, then there is something seriously wrong with you. There are only 9 pilots hired in '95 still working at Republic. Every single major airline has hired between '95 and now. The fact that you never left an all Saab airline shows your character. You must be the bottom of the barrel when it comes to airline pilots. Paycheck for paycheck, Frontier is larger. Frontier and Midwest were airlines where you could proudly hang your hat at the end of your career. Republic is not. There are plenty of airline pilots hired at Chautauqua after 1995 that left for Midwest and Frontier. Why? Because Midwest and Frontier are better pilot jobs.

Any chance I can use this when we all end up in arbitration?

Just throwing this out there but, some people like flying commuter aircraft and never wanted to fly an oversized bus anywhere. Just wanted to remind you that not all people think the same and carry the same ambitions.

Hockey Pilot: I challenge you to tell gentlemen like J.M, D.H, J.T., etc that something is seriously wrong with them. These are class gentlemen who know more about aviation then most of us combined, and have seen CHQ grow from Beech 99s to the borg that RAH is today. Calling them bottom of the barrel as they raise families, mentor young pilots, work in their community etc because they chose not to do 3 years and run to NWA or JetBlue is asinine and a perfect example of what's wrong with this board, and probably pilots in general. The size of your jet does not determine the size of your dick, children.

Hockeypilot has self disclosed that he is a nutless wonder-from 6-5-09 is this gem :

"This is just a message board though. In all reality, I would never cut you down in person or to your face"

THIS STATEMENT NEEDS TO REVIEWED AGAIN. WTF!!!

I may work for S^itty wages but those S^itty wages allowed my compnay to PURCHASE your's. I'm not giving you guys squat when it comes to MY company you will soon be working for. POPEYE

Last edited:
Holy s**t people!! So much venom flying over some damn deal that will NEVER happen. SWA just stepped into the ring and has more than enough pocket change to completely bury RAH.

THIS STATEMENT NEEDS TO REVIEWED AGAIN. WTF!!!

I may work for S^itty wages but those S^itty wages allowed my compnay to PURCHASE your's. I'm not giving you guys squat when it comes to MY company you will soon be working for. POPEYE

I agree, reference my signature.

Latest resources

Back