• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Republic will be the next large National Airline

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Go with your gut. If you feel the Midwest employees are getting screwed, it's because they are. They are replacing the well-paid Midwest pilots with cheap Republic pilots. It's been done before at the legacy level. This is the first time the entire airline is being replaced though. Call it an experiment. The Republic pilots are excited because the ones that are still there are never leaving. They think your regional airline will turn into a major. Maybe it will, maybe it won't, but karma's a bitch.

BA-DA-F'ING -BING! You can't help who you fly for, but wake the F' up and get involved!

Okay, I am just a stupid CHQ Dispatcher, so I am going to ask some questions.

I understand about the pilot groups being intergrated of the 2 companies, but I guess, after hearing numerous Dispatchers complain about Midwest and how they operate, (Customer Orientated), I cannot see this happening, without animosity.

So what is the story

Did you really mean to say this? Your dispatchers are complaining because Midwest is Customer Oriented? Are you serial?

What's a town hall pod cast? Is that from BB or the IBT?

it was from BB and some other big wigs right after the midwest and fronteir announcements, it was a 4 or 5 part video pod cast available only to republic employees. long question and answer session and this specific question was asked and that was his response.

I have to admit, I was excited at first at this, Midwest will survive, and maybe this could work. But then Tuesday night, speaking with Midwest employees in MKE, in which I was expecting, nothing but the worse, considering everything that is happening. And they were the friendliest and most professional group I have dealt with. And the sad thing is, they have no idea what is going on with their own future.

I am sorry this is wrong, the employees of Midwest have a right to know what is going on. Who knows maybe they are waiting for the sale to finalized, or what not, but this is wrong leaving people hanging.

You want my gut feeling, after being in this business 22 years, if Midwest could stay operating the way it always has, with new more efficient aircraft, and Midwest staff, with the exception of the CEO, and the duties that are already carried out here in IND, I am for this, but if Republic Airlines has a say in how the company is ran, then it is screwed

So you are saying that you know whats going on with RAH and your future?

Right now the company line is Frontier will be a standalone operation and Midwest will be integrated according to CBAs. Meetings are occuring between Midwest and RAH employee groups, nothing has come out of these meetings. IBT is monitoring the goings on at the bankruptcy court in Denver.

Bedford sees the handwriting on the wall and knows the future of being a provider of lift to major airlines is not a sustainable or profitable venture over the long term due to the financial instability of major airlines. If a major that we have contracts goes into bankruptcy and fails it would be a devastating financial blow to RAH. This move gives Bedford a place to put these aircraft if that happens. The future of RAH is as a mid major airline, but there will still be some small jet contract flying, although it will not be the majority of our business. In three years you will not recognize any of these companies. Big changes are on the way once all the dust settles. I expect there will be as much consolidation as possible, maybe even combining some certificates if it will recuce costs.

The comparisons to Indy and Expressjet are comparing apples to oranges. Indy and Expressjet were flying 50 seat gas guzzlers, while RAH will be flying larger aircraft with better CASM. With this transaction, Bedford basically bought what cost Indy half a billion dollars to get: name recogition and narrowbodies. Indy burned through its cash for 6 months before establishing its brand and getting narrowbodies flying. With these aquisitions Bedford has all that with plenty of cash still in the bank.

Also it would be a huge mistake to give Bedford the leverage of seperate seniority lists. However this is worked out with Frontier, it is in everyone's bests interests to make sure the RAH scope is upheld. If it means fences or other protections for the Frontier people I'm all for it. I understand the F9 employees are not happy, but it is in everyone's best interests to work together, as we are all in Reverend Bedford's happy canoe if this deal goes through. If you think Bedford won't use seperate lists to his advantage in the future, I'd like to seel you a nice bridge in Brooklyn...cheap........

Thank you, I was at work and trying to listen to the podcast on a quiet night.

PLeae guys, I respect all the pilots I work with, well a majority, but I was at TWA, I can understand the YX;s pilot group frustration and other YX employee's frustration.

A Republic life?

I am just curious and have the following questions. If you like life there then say so and if ya don't then say so. I was a Shuttle guy back in the day when Shuttle was a stand-alone company then under Wexford Capital.

What is it really like to work for the Republic umbrella?
Is the QOL different from one of the carriers to the other?
What are average schedules/lines like?
How is the salary (seat, plane and yr)?
How are the benefits now days (health, dental, 401K, uniform replacement, O/T, meals and/or per diem)?

Good luck to ya cause we just ride the coaster that management picks.

Latest resources

Back