• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Republic will be the next large National Airline

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Do you think this will work? Does Brian Bedford have what it takes? I dont see how this is a smart business move. Republic has a niche as a regional airline..Wouldnt it be a much different business model to run an independent airline? Republic is the most unorganized and screwed up company I have ever worked for. I cant imagine them working as their own carrier.

Was this not tried a few years ago with ACA? We all have our place whether it's a person or a company. The Republic umbrella works and would be a shame to see it fold due to a change in mission. Many a job would be lost if they tried to change what they do within this crazy industry.

Is F9 guys will have to go through Chuck Yeager radio voice training before they get integrated ?
Also, Is there a special training at RAH to memorize all the stupid call signs and who the f*** you scabbing for that day ?

Indy and Expressjet were too small and consumed too much money to build to a size where they could develop a profitable network. Bedford might not make the same mistake if he can tie alot of similar size airlines into a network that can compete with he majors he used to feed.

But that would take a staggering amount of money to put together.

Is F9 guys will have to go through Chuck Yeager radio voice training before they get integrated ?
Also, Is there a special training at RAH to memorize all the stupid call signs and who the f*** you scabbing for that day ?
Well played sir.

Okay, I am just a stupid CHQ Dispatcher, so I am going to ask some questions.

1) According to the podcast of the Town Hall Meeting if the F9 deals goes through, they will remain a stand alone under an "Umbrella Clause". And will operate has they always have. Keeping a seperate seniority from the RAH Pilot and Dispatcher groups.

2) The Midwest deal has me baffled. I have seen pictures of the first 190 in YX colors and it just say's Midwest. Okay, Midwest is a subsidiary of RAH Holdings just like CHQ/Shuttle and Republic, am I correct? Then why wouldn't the 190's that are replacing the 717's be on Midwest's certificate? Or are they all going to Republic, and just flying under the Midwest Banner, and Republic will be flying and dispatching.
Isn't this sorta of screwing over the people of Midwest, since it was stated in the news conference that Midwest would remain the same just under new ownership.

I understand about the pilot groups being intergrated of the 2 companies, but I guess, after hearing numerous Dispatchers complain about Midwest and how they operate, (Customer Orientated), I cannot see this happening, without animosity.

So what is the story

1) According to the podcast of the Town Hall Meeting if the F9 deals goes through, they will remain a stand alone under an "Umbrella Clause". And will operate has they always have. Keeping a seperate seniority from the RAH Pilot and Dispatcher groups.

2) The Midwest deal has me baffled. I have seen pictures of the first 190 in YX colors and it just say's Midwest. Okay, Midwest is a subsidiary of RAH Holdings just like CHQ/Shuttle and Republic, am I correct? Then why wouldn't the 190's that are replacing the 717's be on Midwest's certificate? Or are they all going to Republic, and just flying under the Midwest Banner, and Republic will be flying and dispatching.
Isn't this sorta of screwing over the people of Midwest, since it was stated in the news conference that Midwest would remain the same just under new ownership.

I understand about the pilot groups being intergrated of the 2 companies, but I guess, after hearing numerous Dispatchers complain about Midwest and how they operate, (Customer Orientated), I cannot see this happening, without animosity.

So what is the story

Go with your gut. If you feel the Midwest employees are getting screwed, it's because they are. They are replacing the well-paid Midwest pilots with cheap Republic pilots. It's been done before at the legacy level. This is the first time the entire airline is being replaced though. Call it an experiment. The Republic pilots are excited because the ones that are still there are never leaving. They think your regional airline will turn into a major. Maybe it will, maybe it won't, but karma's a bitch.

I have to admit, I was excited at first at this, Midwest will survive, and maybe this could work. But then Tuesday night, speaking with Midwest employees in MKE, in which I was expecting, nothing but the worse, considering everything that is happening. And they were the friendliest and most professional group I have dealt with. And the sad thing is, they have no idea what is going on with their own future.

I am sorry this is wrong, the employees of Midwest have a right to know what is going on. Who knows maybe they are waiting for the sale to finalized, or what not, but this is wrong leaving people hanging.

You want my gut feeling, after being in this business 22 years, if Midwest could stay operating the way it always has, with new more efficient aircraft, and Midwest staff, with the exception of the CEO, and the duties that are already carried out here in IND, I am for this, but if Republic Airlines has a say in how the company is ran, then it is screwed

So what is the story

midwest operating certificate its going away (per town hall pod cast)

Latest resources

Back