• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Republic will be the next large National Airline

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Bedford will continue to use Republic, Shuttle America, and Chautauqua as regional lift providers. There may be some incest going on, with CHQ flying as a contract carrier for Midwest, and republic flying 190's for Frontier, but these will still be contracted carriers with someone else's paint job. United cannot punish RAH for having Republic fly for Frontier, because United does not contract with republic, they contract with Shuttle and Chautauqua. Likewise, Delta cannot dump Shuttle America and Chautauqua because RAH flies Midwest 190's on the Republic certificate. On the surface, it seems that there are conflicts of interest all over the place, but remember that much goes on behind closed boardroom doors. RAH just gave the string pullers of TGP a cash return on their investment that they otherwise would not have gotten. It may be dimes on the dollar, but money is money. US Airways has been pumped full of RAH money, and will not bite the hand that feeds. United may not like RAH owning Frontier, but United is not in a financial position to call the shots right now. At this point, United has a minor dependency on the lift RAH provides them.

Only question is, how long does United have a contract with Shuttle and Chatauqua and how long is the Delta contract?

I can't believe these companies will be happy funding a competitor, and will be looking for reasons to dump the contract. With the number of regionals looking for contracts, I can't imagine that the contracts would be renewed if they can't find cause to dump them.

Bedford better have a plan for the future as a stand alone, I think it is coming no matter how clever he thinks he is.

as long as no other bk...2016 for 170/175, united 145s go away at end of 2009 and those planes go to midwest

I think it could happen. With the current world economic mess some of the major airlines will go bankrupt. It is only a matter of time for that. They all are bleeding cash, they all have bad balance sheets and the economy is not getting better anytime soon. I don't know what one or more will fail, but the time is coming. I don't know what republic's balance sheet looks like but I would bet that it's better then all the majors, excluding maybe swa. That puts them at an advantage to bid on the failed carrier's assets. We shall see.

It doesnt matter how unorganized your company is when your employees are willing to work for food stamp wages. I wouldnt be surprised if they take a pay cut to fly a bigger airplane.

Hmm, let me think...uh, no.

Why would RAH pilots take a pay cut? My knowledge of RAH history goes back to 2001, and in that time no pay cuts were ever instituted. Look at how many airlines did make concessions to keep their jobs. RAH pilots did not.

Frontier is profitable with their current wages. Why would RAH pilots expect to work for less than a proven profitable wage on a given piece of equipment?

Frontier pilots will likely continue to fly the Airbus. Bedford asked the Frontier pilots to extend their current contract for three years. At no time did he ask them to work for a lower wage.

The problem with you making foolish statements is that at some point some one else on this site will believe you, and keep spreading your ignorance. Every other time I am in the jumpseat, I have to listen to some other airline pilot grill me about "facts" that they picked up on this site that are 180 degrees from the truth. Try to act like an adult. If you are not sure about something, ask. Don't just say things to fill in the holes of your understanding.

Hmm, let me think...uh, no.

Frontier pilots will likely continue to fly the Airbus. Bedford asked the Frontier pilots to extend their current contract for three years. At no time did he ask them to work for a lower wage.

The problem with you making foolish statements is that at some point some one else on this site will believe you, and keep spreading your ignorance. Every other time I am in the jumpseat, I have to listen to some other airline pilot grill me about "facts" that they picked up on this site that are 180 degrees from the truth. Try to act like an adult. If you are not sure about something, ask. Don't just say things to fill in the holes of your understanding.
So how is that going to happen without violating your own contract? Or is that a foolish question?

So how is that going to happen without violating your own contract? Or is that a foolish question?

bedford promised the midwest guys alot of things (like a chance to fly the e170s on the midwest certificate) last fall that were also against our contract. he will say whatever it takes to get the deal done and im sure he would love to have the frontier/lynx pilot groups seperate from the rest of RAH so he can whip us against eachother. i speak for myself only but i will not vote yes to any relaxation of the scope in our current or future CBA.

bedford promised the midwest guys alot of things (like a chance to fly the e170s on the midwest certificate) last fall that were also against our contract. he will say whatever it takes to get the deal done and im sure he would love to have the frontier/lynx pilot groups seperate from the rest of RAH so he can whip us against eachother. i speak for myself only but i will not vote yes to any relaxation of the scope in our current or future CBA.
Bedford didn't promise the Midwest guys anything. He only met with the ALPA reps yesterday. Whatever. A famous Ben Franklin quote comes to mind.

Bedford didn't promise the Midwest guys anything. He only met with the ALPA reps yesterday. Whatever. A famous Ben Franklin quote comes to mind.

Yes he quickly wants us under their wage rates. Oh joy!

I have been trying to dig up some dirt on Bedford, but it looks like he is clean. I haven't found anything felony related. However I will get Lexis Nexus access tomorrow, so maybe then.

Latest resources

Back