• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Republic will be the next large National Airline

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Right now the company line is Frontier will be a standalone operation and Midwest will be integrated according to CBAs. Meetings are occuring between Midwest and RAH employee groups, nothing has come out of these meetings. IBT is monitoring the goings on at the bankruptcy court in Denver.

Bedford sees the handwriting on the wall and knows the future of being a provider of lift to major airlines is not a sustainable or profitable venture over the long term due to the financial instability of major airlines. If a major that we have contracts goes into bankruptcy and fails it would be a devastating financial blow to RAH. This move gives Bedford a place to put these aircraft if that happens. The future of RAH is as a mid major airline, but there will still be some small jet contract flying, although it will not be the majority of our business. In three years you will not recognize any of these companies. Big changes are on the way once all the dust settles. I expect there will be as much consolidation as possible, maybe even combining some certificates if it will recuce costs.

The comparisons to Indy and Expressjet are comparing apples to oranges. Indy and Expressjet were flying 50 seat gas guzzlers, while RAH will be flying larger aircraft with better CASM. With this transaction, Bedford basically bought what cost Indy half a billion dollars to get: name recogition and narrowbodies. Indy burned through its cash for 6 months before establishing its brand and getting narrowbodies flying. With these aquisitions Bedford has all that with plenty of cash still in the bank.

Also it would be a huge mistake to give Bedford the leverage of seperate seniority lists. However this is worked out with Frontier, it is in everyone's bests interests to make sure the RAH scope is upheld. If it means fences or other protections for the Frontier people I'm all for it. I understand the F9 employees are not happy, but it is in everyone's best interests to work together, as we are all in Reverend Bedford's happy canoe if this deal goes through. If you think Bedford won't use seperate lists to his advantage in the future, I'd like to seel you a nice bridge in Brooklyn...cheap........

Im all for a single seniority list. Except the top 700 numbers should be F9 pilots!

CYA

The pilots that were going to Southwest and Frontier were equally qualified. Frontier and Southwest are closer in pay and work rules than Republic and Frontier. Unfortunately, I think if Southwest invests in Frontier, Frontier will end up like ATA.

Texman, grow up.

Latest resources

Back