• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Republic to operate EMB-190s for Midwest

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Point is we never had seen this coming. We (Republic Pilots)are all agreeing to fight the company on mainline pay for these airplanes. BB didnt call me or any other pilot and asked what we thought. I dont like it any more than any other pilot in the industry, but all we can do as a pilot group is fight the company tooth and nail to get what we deserve(Mainline pay rates). Sorry to the rest of the pilots (especially Midwest) that hate us republic guys...we didnt ask for this ******************** either.
By having those rates and the generous contract (for the company) you guys did ask for this

Don't introduce facts and logic into this argument........

No more than the logic that lack of bulletproof scope in other contracts was akin to asking for all of the scope erosion that put us here in the first place. 75% of our pilot group wasn't here when the last contract was voted on and the other 25% or so, with everything they knew at the time, their S340s, and some 145s, seeing vast improvement over a terrible previous contract, can't be faulted any more than any other group that's seen something unexpected happen in this transition to larger regional jets.

I'd say (without speaking for anyone in particular here) that the vast majority at RAH prioritize the profession over the company. At this point, the cat's halfway out of the bag. I've talked with a number of Midwest pilots and I can't think of one who wasn't a decent person getting screwed in a really bad situation. It sucks, and it doubly sucks that we're involved (whether we like it or not at this point) in this debacle, not by our own choice. It's not like we were privy to mgmt's decision, or have yet had the opportunity to do something that would amount to anything other than an illegal work action. But at least based on what's happened so far, would pilots from other regionals (who are loving demonizing us right now) walk from the job, or stage a sick-out or something else based on this? If Midwest strikes... if that's actually viable with 9 mainline a/c and 24 regionals, our contract fully and clearly authorizes us to not fly Midwest colors. I hope that if it comes down to that, Skywest will do the same. Will they? Would Expressjet pilots have walked when the initial 12 a/c agreement and cash influx to Midwest occurred, with people on furlough and planes parked?

Again, if you're not over 50 at this company, you're probably looking towards greener pastures, or you should be. There is nothing about current regional contracts that allow someone to viably have a family or save for retirement or offset the excessive time away from home over the long haul. Since this "large regional" cat is somewhat out of the bag (and that includes 700s and 900s, and possibly 1000s), the best thing we may be able to do if this is the future of regionals, is demand nothing less than parity with any and all pay and workrules found in similar sized mainline aircraft. And perhaps MECs at majors should do a better job of talking amongst each other and act more like a unified union, even if that will never fully happen, to seal up every stupid scope loophole that got us here in the first place.

Just one guy's opinion.

The problem is you wouldn't receive those 100 seaters if management knew they were going to pay RAH pilots mainline wages.

Management knows what you are going to do before you do.

And lookie-here, management gets their $88/$37 rates from the Republic lapdogs.

what percentage of Repub pilots you think are happy to be flying 190s?

Everyone there knows midwest pilots are getting shat upon.

And anyone there with half a brain knows that's one less shot of getting to a major. And the other half without half a brain should at least realize it's sad when an airline with a regional contract flies around anything bigger than 50...maybee 70 seats.

By having those rates and the generous contract (for the company) you guys did ask for this

rates- republic doesn't even have a 100 seat scale. And when everyone looks at the wrong scale all they say is year 1 CA pay.....look at the mid and high range of that pay- that ********************'s comparable to jetblue/airways etc. as for the contract- yup it's a 6 year old regional contract, many others are worse.

that's not the point, the point is a regional flying 100 seat feed for anyone sucks arse.

You guys better get a good pay rate flying those things around, or you are gonna look like fools wherever you go.
[FONT=&quot]Just turn them epaulettes around, hold your head up high and get a maple bar from the ice cream shop in the terminal. That will make it all seem better. Wait a second; the captain can’t be paying for that, those are 5 bucks. Go with a ring pop instead. They are free from the old Halloween candy. :p[/FONT]

Ok I understand this is only a forum to, as pilots, cuss out, piss & Sh!t on, degrade & belittle each other, but hot-damn if some of you aren't over the edge. See, the old days were so much better. When regional meant nothing more than a DH8-100, or J-41. But damn these things called regional jets. Don't we wish they didn't exist from the very second the first CRJ was born?? If only they were all operated by the mainlines. It'd be so much easier. But it ain't, and sh!t's been hittin' the ol' fan ever since. First off, I feel for every single one of you at Midwest Airlines, not just the pilots. Everyone involved, Cabin crew, ramp, airport personnel, all of you. The only high class airline to ever "make it". Its something to be very proud of. Its hard to go through this, and its easy for me to say that. You also know the saying "what doesn't kill you....ect...ect...ect" So for all of you belittling and pissing on these RAH guys & gals, what are the options. What should they do? Should they strike? Should all regional pilots take a stand and strike simultaneously?? What will it take? Besides the old "well...you better negotiate for mainline pay, or else you'll never get a jumpseat again"...or "enjoy your careers at the regionals"....or "I hope you suck BB's balls" and the list goes creatively on. Should they all quit? Lets at least one time try to be realistic here. Just for me to get a clear picture and understanding of this, will someone please break this down for me. From the beginning, How did Republic get involved with Midwest Airlines in the first place? What exactly happened? I'm just trying to get a detailed view, if no one if willing to offer any input, then oh well.

BB has achieved what he set out to do from day one....where have all of you been??

We have been telling you that he wanted out of the 50 seat game and into the 70-100 seat one. It took him all of 5 years to turn Chautauqua from a turboprop feeder to a major player now.

Quit your bitchin about how bad our FO rates are....yeah they suck so does everyone elses.

Just because the engines are under the wings....talk about penis envy

Ya so why don't you guys raise the bar? You haven't done that since you came on board. That's the attitude and problem as it is. Nobody wants to raise, they all want to stay the same or go lower and then say, "you are envious, blame management, there's nothing we can do." It doesn't matter what Jet Blue or US Air's rates are, those planes you are replacing had a salary much higher than your bar lowering airline will ever have. "We haven't negotiated rates for a 100 seat airplane." Haha does it matter? You might go up like a dollar or two for that and that's it. Let's be honest, your airline as a whole has never raised the bar in anything it's done except when it comes to eating mainline jobs for less pay. That, you've done well

luvz2fli said:
Let's be honest, your airline as a whole has never raised the bar in anything it's done except when it comes to eating mainline jobs for less pay. That, you've done well

No regional airline has "raised the bar" since August of 2001.

Latest resources

Back