• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Republic to operate EMB-190s for Midwest

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
By having those rates and the generous contract (for the company) you guys did ask for this

Weak argument. More so because YOU are part of the problem too. Yes you. You flying regional? Then YOU are part of the problem. You just needed someone to hate so why not RAH? What about the others that are flying CRJ900's? You are probably one of them. You hate us because our engines are under the wings? Whatever. And your logic - what about us that were not here during the last contract neg's? You are the problem in this industry. We will never become collective because you would rather fight from within where you, apparently, perceive that your opinion would convince people to walk off the job and put their families in peril instead of fight management where you know you have no opinion that will steer them. Pot calling the kettle black guys. Stop the immature putdowns. Really. If you are a regional airline pilot, you are the same as the other pilot in the other regional. Ask a mainline guy if he thinks that there is a diff. He will tell you no, I would bet. But I do know your type and you are gonna want to blame somebody all the time. So blame the mainline pilot groups for releasing scope.

Check your facts before you get high and mighty. Cornelius has sat in his mainline seat and watched RP pushback the next gate over and fly to the same cities, at a fraction of the crew cost. The same way it happens in MCI and MKE every day.

Our heart goes out to the MidEx pilots, y'all have been dealt a brutal hand.

So now we know at least one person we can blame for releasing scope. Right?

You melon farmers better taxi those E190's at a glacial pace, on two engines with the APU running, no-flex takeoffs, full-reverse every landing, and blast around at the barber pole at FL240 everywhere you go.

You melon farmers better taxi those E190's at a glacial pace, on two engines with the APU running, no-flex takeoffs, full-reverse every landing, and blast around at the barber pole at FL240 everywhere you go.

And what will that accomplish?

You want to set that efficiency bar low. In the long run, you'll help yourselves and everyone else if you make the numbers less attractive.

No regional airline has "raised the bar" since August of 2001.

See, I disagree. Maybe not in raw payrates, but at least in QOL and work rules, I think the bar has been raised. ARW, XJT, and ASA all built upon the CMR contract, unfortunately 2 of the 3 had to concede payrates later.

Hopefully RAH can knock one out of the park, given that they are one of the strongest regionals out there. I just don't think they will, though.

See, I disagree. Maybe not in raw payrates, but at least in QOL and work rules, I think the bar has been raised. ARW, XJT, and ASA all built upon the CMR contract, unfortunately 2 of the 3 had to concede payrates later.

I could be off by a few weeks, but I think the ARW 2001 contract (built by pattern bargaining upon the ACA & CMR CBAs) was voted for in Aug 2001 and took effect on Sept. 11th, 2001. In fact, in most if not all ways the 2001 ARW contract was slightly superior than CMR 2001, including slightly higher pay rates in both seats on the 50 seat jet.

I'll concede that payrates aren't everything in a contract and that workrules can effect one's W2s just as much or not more...but ASA 2007 (to my reading) didn't radically improve on anything that was in the 2001 agreements and in fact the pay rates in your contract (50 seat) are only marginally better than the 2003 ARW concessionary agreement. Same for XJT 2003 and their later contract extension (especially on their FO payrates) but they did have some major improvements from the 2001 agreements in their scheduling section.

Hopefully RAH can knock one out of the park, given that they are one of the strongest regionals out there. I just don't think they will, though.

Its all about managed expectations...both of their pilots and everybody else paying attention. That's especially true in the current economic environment; if I were management I'd be tripping over myself to get an agreement signed NOW so I can take advantage of it later during the economic recovery.

If RAH gets a 3.5:1 trip rig, 2:1 duty rig, 3-3.5hr min day pay, 100% cancellation pay, tweaks their scheduling section in regards to PBS and trip trade/drops, brings FOs up to at or near 60% of CA pay, and gets their payrates anywhere near ARW 2001 numbers it'll pass by a wide margin and IMO should keep most of the "disinterested parties" appeased.

With that said, the 2005 rates from the ARW 2001 CBA for the BAE-146 represent about 10% above the 2007 99 seat rates from the CHQ 2003 CBA...which are still about 7.5% below JBLU's current E190 rates (but higher than LCC CA rates from Year 6 and beyond).

But as you say, we'll see where they end up; I honestly don't think the majority of RAH pilots wan't to be flying a 100 seat jet for the lowest wages in the entire industry.

Glad to see your priorities are in order. I cannot wait till an Indian FO will fly a 170 for half what you do. I pray you have one of those worthless "Aeronautical" degrees when your butt hits the street and I can hire you to mow my lawn.
But wait.....He paid 100k for that degree...that means its worth...a.....lawnmower job!
Classic! Made my day!
PBR

Latest resources

Back