• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Republic to operate EMB-190s for Midwest

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Glad to see your priorities are in order. I cannot wait till an Indian FO will fly a 170 for half what you do. I pray you have one of those worthless "Aeronautical" degrees when your butt hits the street and I can hire you to mow my lawn.

Best post of all time!

Too bad you couldn't toss in a "white trash/Van Hagar" jab, but that was great!

Glad to see your priorities are in order. I cannot wait till an Indian FO will fly a 170 for half what you do. I pray you have one of those worthless "Aeronautical" degrees when your butt hits the street and I can hire you to mow my lawn.

I should have added......

when you're living in a van down by the river.......

Originally Posted by Popeye0537
4) Not much difference between the 175/190 so why would we be jumping up and down for an A/C we already operate

That's exactly how you scumbags think. Thanks for dragging down the industry Popeye. Why not fly a 319 next...its only 25 more seats. Knowing your pay scales your FO's would make $37/hr and Capt would be $105....you wh0res.

Originally Posted by Popeye0537
4) Not much difference between the 175/190 so why would we be jumping up and down for an A/C we already operate

That's exactly how you scumbags think. Thanks for dragging down the industry Popeye. Why not fly a 319 next...its only 25 more seats. Knowing your pay scales your FO's would make $37/hr and Capt would be $105....you wh0res.

The best assessment now is this: It is only a matter of time.

Most of them can't get it. They simply can't. Toss about some mismatched slag about my cock, be all powerless-like, claim it was inevitable- whatever.

It stands. You are right.

How many RAH pilots are flying for Midwest? I think you have a base for them. How senior are they? If what you are saying is true there then should be rampant junior manning to fill those former Midwest seats which everyone is so pissed about. Please enlighten us. You can't tell me that there aren't pilots right now jumping up and down that they will be flying a mainline airplane at their regional. I wonder how JUNIOR a minline airplane will go.:eek::eek::eek:

Truthfully, most of us were willing to accept the original Midwest flying because it was a desperation move. Those planes were sitting idle and guys were hitting the street. I'm not proud of of it, nor jumping up and down for it. I'm just telling why it would be more palatable and easier to swallow. For any of us that have a brain, this 190 nonsense is a low blow to not only one pilot group in particular but for the future of our profession in general.

It looks like we've all been hoodwinked by management in our negotiations. We didn't forsee an actual arrival of 190s while negotiating the last contract, the Midwest pilots didn't forsee securing solid scope as paramount. Now both groups are going to eat ********************. One more than the other, sadly.

Another interesting note is that the most vocal against this in our pilot group are the junior guys. They are the most pissed and the most motivated to hold the line on pay for this monstrosity. You guys can talk ******************** all you want about spikey hair, backpacks, and iPods but the young guys are the future. I , for one, am proud of the outrage that they are finding within themselves. Woefully, the top 400 guys are either silent or are seemingly excited about this. Sh!theads. This is no place to be a lifer.

Worst part(other than the destruction of a once proud airline), they'll probably remove one seat to get it to the 99 seat limit, we'll fly it for peanuts, and we'll have to wait long years to hammer out a contract.

Hey Drizzle shut the F*ck up you have no idea how the top 400 of the senority list feels about this. As one of those 400 I'd perfer you didn't put words in my mouth on a public board...as a matter af fact I'd prefer you didn't speak for anyone on our senority list. Guys like you are lot of the reason we have a bad name as pilot group.

No one wanted this Midwest bull******************** not the top 400 not the bottom 400 only Drizzle and a few people on furlough. I'll fly these 190s or 737s or A380s but NOT for substandard rates becuase they're "regional aircraft flown by regional pilots".

Point is we never had seen this coming. We (Republic Pilots)are all agreeing to fight the company on mainline pay for these airplanes. BB didnt call me or any other pilot and asked what we thought. I dont like it any more than any other pilot in the industry, but all we can do as a pilot group is fight the company tooth and nail to get what we deserve(Mainline pay rates). Sorry to the rest of the pilots (especially Midwest) that hate us republic guys...we didnt ask for this ******************** either.

Latest resources

Back