Republic to operate EMB-190s for Midwest

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
And what will that accomplish?
It will show management that the single largest cost variable is the guy in the left seat. As soon as you learn that you will take the steering wheel out of your tater and jam it back into mgmts, where it belongs. Actually the empowerment that come from knowing that you can determine profits and loss, not just from fuel, but from operating style, full power T/O, low alt ops, no shortcuts, and lots of APU ops will drive the overhaul cost into the UhOh range. At SKYW the "flysafe" period lasted 2 weeks after the company shunned pilot pay negotions, and the pilots said FU and took no shortcuts and operated exactly according to the policy manual/flight plan. MGMT folded like a cheap card table after 2 short weeks!
PBR

You melon farmers better taxi those E190's at a glacial pace, on two engines with the APU running, no-flex takeoffs, full-reverse every landing, and blast around at the barber pole at FL240 everywhere you go.

So we can burn through oil supplies quicker, put more co2 in the atmosphere, and hasten the deaths to come in the fight over natural resources? Thanks for the mandate, but I'm going to politely disregard it. If I'm assigned a 190, I'll continue to conserve fuel and be as efficient as i can. There's an awful lot more to life than ninety-nine seat aircraft coming to the regionals.

Last edited:
So we can burn through oil supplies quicker, put more co2 in the atmosphere, and hasten the deaths to come in the fight over natural resources? Thanks for the mandate, but I'm going to politely disregard it. If I'm assigned a 190, I'll continue to conserve fuel and be as efficient as i can. There's an awful lot more to life than ninety-nine seat aircraft coming to the regionals.

We're talking about 2 (two) Embraer 190s here right!?

Your company loves you! May you fly the E190 at Republic for all your days.

Awesome be sure and let those midwest pilots know that as you pass by them in your 190s but its ok you are saving them from excessive carbon foot prints. Management is so lucky to have such a courageous pilot as you fighting those evil oil companies :rolleyes:. Hey at least you are saving the earth from their big bad 717s. Your right there is more to life then 99 seat planes be sure and part those words of wisdom on their pilots as they try to find some new way to feed their families.

Awesome be sure and let those midwest pilots know that as you pass by them in your 190s but its ok you are saving them from excessive carbon foot prints. Management is so lucky to have such a courageous pilot as you fighting those evil oil companies :rolleyes:. Hey at least you are saving the earth from their big bad 717s. Your right there is more to life then 99 seat planes be sure and part those words of wisdom on their pilots as they try to find some new way to feed their families.

A search of the forums would tell you how I feel about what's going on. Much easier to just attack me than find out how I really feel about things though, isn't it? As far as burning a lot of gas and the current situation, it will not save one midwest pilot job at all. The only thing that would make a difference would be ALL pilots walking off all jobs simultaneously and dictating to management at all airlines how things will be. I guess I just don't see that happening, but if it should come to pass, count on me. We could all refuse to fly the 190 here and get fired I suppose, and all of you will support us financially until market forces allow us to be hired at your airlines with the same relative pay and seniority we have here for our valiant stand for our comrades at midwest, right?

With that I am out of here. This site is a demoralizing waste of time. Remember, don't let market forces or poor treatment by management compromise your duty to excel at your position.

All you guys/gals on here bitching sound like a bunch of school girls! How you can blame a pilot group for an aircraft order they had no say in befuddles me. Not only that, we are 2 years into an expired contract, with ongoing negotiations. Your anger is curiously misdirected at a pilot group, when it should be focused on the managment teams of RAH & ME. The only conclusion that can be drawn is that you are either: 1. uninformed 2. A bitch, pick one.

RatherBsurfing, it was a demoralizing waste of time reading your posts.

Latest resources

Back