Republic to operate 190s for Delta...

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
For the General's "Cash" insight:

DAL has more cash than any other legacy carrier: Correct.
DAL current ratio worse than LCC [doh] and CAL....umm.
DAL cash per share lowest among 5 legacy carriers by 50% of next lowest...egads.
DAL has 60% more debt than next biggest legacy carrier (AMR) at $16.6B...eek.
DAL is tied with CAL for the best cash/revenue: 2 months worth...oye.
DAL is near even [tied for last for cash burn rate with AMR] at $110M month...zoinks.

$4B is a lot of cash absolutely, but not relatively--especially not compared to peers. Probably something a smart person would not brag about...

...yep, I'm just a SkyWest guy, a majority of whose Company's revenues derive from two others', but I use my head for more than rhetoric. Oddly enough, I conveniently left out SKYW financials...

For the General's "Cash" insight:

DAL has more cash than any other legacy carrier: Correct.
DAL current ratio worse than LCC [doh] and CAL....umm.
DAL cash per share lowest among 5 legacy carriers by 50% of next lowest...egads.
DAL has 60% more debt than next biggest legacy carrier (AMR) at $16.6B...eek.
DAL is tied with CAL for the best cash/revenue: 2 months worth...oye.
DAL is near even [tied for last for cash burn rate with AMR] at $110M month...zoinks.

$4B is a lot of cash absolutely, but not relatively--especially not compared to peers. Probably something a smart person would not brag about...

...yep, I'm just a SkyWest guy, a majority of whose Company's revenues derive from two others', but I use my head for more than rhetoric. Oddly enough, I conveniently left out SKYW financials...

Thanks for all of that Lou Dobbs. This coming from an ORD based CRJ Captain. Look at UAL--who you feed. I think you have a better chance of losing your job than any of us do. You may want to worry about your job security first---or at least a demotion to SLC to feed us as an FO.(probably on the BRO) But wait, they are ready to make a $10 Billion airplane order....this should fill you in on something important-----your FINANCIAL MUMBO JUMBO DOESN'T MATTER. If we are cash flow fat compared to UAL (which we are)---and they can make a huge order without the same financial stability others have---then your above statments mean NOTHING. Got it Neal Cavuto? It's all a paper game Gretta Van Susteren.....

Here is what our Contract says about owning Midwest airlines and/or code sharing with them.

LOA 13:

NOW THEREFORE, it is mutually agreed:
1. Delta or an affiliate will not be considered to control Midwest under Sections 1 B. 16.
a. 1) and 2) nor to have acquired control of Midwest under Section 1 D. 8. of the
PWA as long as the percentage of securities owned by Delta or the affiliate
constitutes no more than 47 percent of the outstanding common stock or voting power
(as determined under Sections 1 B. 16. a. 1) and 2)) of Midwest or any Midwest
affiliate (including Air Group), (the “permissible percentage ownership”). Provided,
however, that if the percentage of outstanding shares of Midwest and any affiliate
(including Air Group) owned by Delta and its affiliates at any time exceeds the
permissible percentage ownership solely as a result of the acquisition by Midwest or
any affiliate of outstanding common stock or voting power of Midwest or any
affiliate (including Air Group) (a “Midwest repurchase”), which results in Delta and
its affiliates exceeding the permissible percentage ownership, Delta and its affiliates
will be deemed not to exceed the permissible percentage ownership if Delta and its
affiliates divests itself of the amount of shares over the permissible percentage
ownership within thirty days (or if HSR applies to the divestiture, as soon as possible
under the regulatory requirements of HSR) of exceeding such permissible percentage
ownership, provided, further, however, that the provisions of the immediately
preceding proviso will not apply to the extent that any Midwest repurchase is the
result, directly or indirectly, of the request, approval or authorization of Delta and/or
its affiliates as the direct or indirect shareholders of Midwest or any affiliate or
designee of Delta or its affiliates who are then members of the board of directors of
Midwest or its affiliates and provided that:
a. Delta or an affiliate is not in any way involved in the management or operation of
Midwest or any Midwest affiliate, including with regard to the acquisition or lease
of aircraft by Midwest or a Midwest affiliate,
b. Delta or an affiliate does not, directly or indirectly, make an equity investment in
Air Group or any of its subsidiaries or controlled affiliates (including Midwest)
after the date of this LOA, including, without limitation, through the purchase of
stock in Air Group of any of its subsidiaries or controlled affiliates (including
Midwest), whether voting or non-voting, whether issuable pursuant to options,
warrants, convertible or exchangeable securities or otherwise,
c. Delta or an affiliate does not control Midwest or a Midwest affiliate as defined in
Sections 1 B. 16. b. through f. of the PWA,
d. Delta or an affiliate does not transfer either directly or indirectly to Air Group or
any of its subsidiaries or controlled affiliates (including Midwest) any aircraft
owned, leased, operated or on order or option by or on behalf of Delta or an
affiliate, and
e. Delta will review with the Association any plans for any codeshare agreement
between Delta and Midwest. Before Delta or an affiliate conclude any such
codeshare agreement, Delta and the Association will meet for the purposes of
negotiating new terms applicable to such codeshare agreement.

2. If either Delta or an affiliate (a) exceeds the 47 percent limit set forth in paragraph 1
of this LOA, (b) controls Midwest as defined in Sections 1 B. 16. b. through f., (c) is
in any way involved in the management or operation of Midwest or any Midwest
affiliate (as set forth in paragraph 1. a. of this LOA), (d) makes an equity investment
in Air Group or any of its subsidiaries or controlled affiliates (including Midwest) (as
set forth in paragraph 1. b. of this LOA) or (e) transfers aircraft either directly or
indirectly to Air Group or any of its subsidiaries or controlled affiliates (including
Midwest), then the Association will have the right at its sole discretion through
written notice to Delta to determine that Midwest is an “acquired airline” under
Section 1 D. 8. of the PWA, requiring Delta to follow the procedures set forth in
Section 1 D. 8. a. through e. with respect to Midwest and its affiliates.
3. Wherever in this LOA the term “Delta” is used, it will be understood to refer to and
include Northwest to the extent that Northwest remains a valid and subsisting air
carrier under the Federal Aviation Act and Railway Labor Act, as amended.
4. This LOA sets forth the criteria or process for determining only whether Delta or an
affiliate control or acquired control of Midwest and does not otherwise amend the
provisions or obligations of Section 1 B. 16. or Section 1 D. 8.
5. This LOA will become effective on October 30, 2008 and will remain in effect
concurrent with the PWA.

Bye Bye--General Lee

Last edited:
Right.

Huge growth at DAL and the other majors...with tightening of scope and loads more domestic flying being done by mainline...in RJs no less.

Not the future I'd bet on, but hey, I'm not a jackass delta pilot...what could I possibly know?

Right.

Huge growth at DAL and the other majors...with tightening of scope and loads more domestic flying being done by mainline...in RJs no less.

Not the future I'd bet on, but hey, I'm not a jackass delta pilot...what could I possibly know?

And hopefully you never will be. Anyway, a lot of people didn't think a merger like ours was possible, and it has gone fairly well. The economy isn't the best, so when it does recover, we are positioned well. The future can only get better for some, and may get worse for others. We have parked over 100 50 seat RJs, and we are reviewing our scope policies now, even looking closely at weights for new E175s. If they are overweight, they will be singled out to get fixed, or get parked. Even Don Bonhorst, incharge of DCI, stated at a conference that he didn't think scope would be eased at all, and future 100 seaters would probably go to Mainline pilots. Sounds like you are a clueless jackazz anyway.

Bye Bye--General Lee

Last edited:
At a min, the DCI contracts and level of profitability of said regionals is going to go down in the next decade.
That may not effect your job security Joe, but it will effect how much you are compensated for it.
DAL is not going to fight a lot of these out in court, they will wait for the contracts to hit their five year reset points, and then the end of each contract. It will come very clear in a year or two, what ALL DCI carrier have to look forward to in regards to how they are compensated for performing said flying.
IMHO ASA is the best insulated to this, as you still have 11 years of your contract. That does not mean they will not amend it, it just means that you will still have flying to perform.

In 11 years, I'll be ready to partially retire....11 years is long enough.....

Joe, would you please describe to me how you "partially retire" from the airlines? Last I saw ASA didn't have any part time lines.

Joe, would you please describe to me how you "partially retire" from the airlines? Last I saw ASA didn't have any part time lines.

Check again. During non peak travel seasons, about 8 months out of year, there will be part-time lines, full month leaves, several month leaves, and in some cases, leaves of 1 year and longer.

Check again. During non peak travel seasons, about 8 months out of year, there will be part-time lines, full month leaves, several month leaves, and in some cases, leaves of 1 year and longer.

Yeah, but that's right now because we're overstaffed.

Who knows what's going to happen 11 years from now, or if ASA will even continue to exist.

Thanks for all of that Lou Dobbs. This coming from an ORD based CRJ Captain. Look at UAL--who you feed. I think you have a better chance of losing your job than any of us do. You may want to worry about your job security first---or at least a demotion to SLC to feed us as an FO.(probably on the BRO) But wait, they are ready to make a $10 Billion airplane order....this should fill you in on something important-----your FINANCIAL MUMBO JUMBO DOESN'T MATTER. If we are cash flow fat compared to UAL (which we are)---and they can make a huge order without the same financial stability others have---then your above statments mean NOTHING. Got it Neal Cavuto? It's all a paper game Gretta Van Susteren.....

I like how you get all personal with it when the guy shut you down. Who cares what kind of airplane he flies when he knows more about the topic and finances of your own company than you. Now go back to alternating windows between worldsex.com and flightinfo.com wearing out that refresh button.

Yeah, but that's right now because we're overstaffed.

Who knows what's going to happen 11 years from now, or if ASA will even continue to exist.

ASA will probably not exist at the end of the contract. In the mean time, our costs are going to have to meet the average of Compass and Mesaba. You have time to get further education, or maybe be ready for future hiring at the surviving mainline carriers.

Latest resources

Back