• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Republic to operate 190s for Delta...

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Getting tired of flying your small airplanes, Joe?

Actually, I miss the ATR....I don't care what I fly as long as I have a great schedule....which I have....I don't care about the size of the airplane...but I do want to grow my company....which is good for me.......

Actually, I miss the ATR....I don't care what I fly as long as I have a great schedule....which I have....I don't care about the size of the airplane...but I do want to grow my company....which is good for me.......

Good luck! :cool: risking your career on a regional is pretty ballsy. How much time do you have left Joey?

Good luck! :cool: risking your career on a regional is pretty ballsy. How much time do you have left Joey?

My plan is to go part time retired in 10 years....Any career in this business is a crapshoot.....Hasn't worked out well for those who went to USAir, TWA, Eastern, PanAm, or United....better for those who went to DAL, SWA, UPS, and FedEx....Nothing is a "sure thing".....So far so good considering the 3 downturns I've seen....

Doesn't Midwest's codeshare with DL/NW alreaady involve them flying their B717, as they are currently and have been flying. Why does everyone think that just becuz RW is going to be operating E190 is is a violation of DL scope?

With the DL buyout you might see more scope relief... HOPE NOT. But only offering 9 months of flight pay to leave is not that much!

With the DL buyout you might see more scope relief... HOPE NOT. But only offering 9 months of flight pay to leave is not that much!

This buyout was targeted at senior NWA pilots who already have a frozen pension at about $12,000 a month, for the REST OF THEIR LIVES. They are nearing 60 or just above it, and probably want out anyway. 9 months pay is about $140,000---which after taxes might be a good down payment on a lake house in Central Minnesota. (especially in this market) The top 1000 guys at NWA probably hit that category. What would keep them flying you ask? The health insurance coverage is a bit weak, at 3 months. If we have to go back to the table, DL may want to add a bit more to that. Why would DL want to do that? If those guys stay and the 742 pilots (all senior--Capts and FOs at least) would bump a lot of other NWA pilots down (not Delta S guys yet because this will be done prior to certificate merge)---and that will cost Delta even more money. It behooves DL to try to buy people out, rather than spend more on all of that training. Furloughing from the bottom would not help the costs at all, and in fact would displace every Compass pilot and training would then take forever and be very costly.

Bye Bye--General Lee

So why is it OK for Alaska or Midwest to codeshare with aircraft larger than 70 seats....but not CMR, ASA, SKYW, or Shuttle...double standard? How about the international codeshare....They fly "big airplanes".....

As usual, you do not know what you are talking about.

Just a bunch of :bawling::bawling::bawling:

My plan is to go part time retired in 10 years....Any career in this business is a crapshoot.....Hasn't worked out well for those who went to USAir, TWA, Eastern, PanAm, or United....better for those who went to DAL, SWA, UPS, and FedEx....Nothing is a "sure thing".....So far so good considering the 3 downturns I've seen....

I agree its all a crapshoot. Had i stayed at my old regional i would have been downgraded indefinitely. By leaving XJT i now make $13 more on second year pay than i did as a CA before. Could I have foreseen that when i left? No. Its all about luck and timing. You'll never know what the best decision is until you retire but for me I couldnt risk my career on any regional. With that said, I'm young so it made sense for me personally. We'll see :beer:

At a min, the DCI contracts and level of profitability of said regionals is going to go down in the next decade.
That may not effect your job security Joe, but it will effect how much you are compensated for it.
DAL is not going to fight a lot of these out in court, they will wait for the contracts to hit their five year reset points, and then the end of each contract. It will come very clear in a year or two, what ALL DCI carrier have to look forward to in regards to how they are compensated for performing said flying.
IMHO ASA is the best insulated to this, as you still have 11 years of your contract. That does not mean they will not amend it, it just means that you will still have flying to perform.

Latest resources

Back