• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Republic Airways posts first quarter loss

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
At best skipping the travel day using the video would save one day, compressing 4 days into 3, so you assume that one day difference was the tipping point that pushed us back weeks on the arbitrator's schedule. Not lying, I apologize, but it's still disingenuous.

400 "brothers" on the street for cheaper labor.

You paint with an awfully broad brush. Bedford wants cheaper labor, the pilot groups at the table do not, so dont confuse the issue. I'm your biggest cheerleader, every time I end up in this discussion I remind the other guy about the 400 Midwest guys who have been screwed the hardest. A couple of my friends are in that number. I think it's horrifying that RAH is hiring in an off-the-street fashion. You've been shafted. Repeatedly. We get that. But FAPA and yes even the IBT are not your enemy.

At best skipping the travel day using the video would save one day, compressing 4 days into 3, so you assume that one day difference was the tipping point that pushed us back weeks on the arbitrator's schedule. Not lying, I apologize, but it's still disingenuous

I believe the point that the MEH MEC and CitationLover were trying to make is that the logistics involved with video conferencing are not as challenging as arranging face to face meetings and perhaps the hearing could have been held sooner via videoconferencing.

I'm not saying that FAPA and IBT are intentionally slowing things down, but they sure as hell aren't doing anything to speed it up...

Our update indicated the delay is due to FAPA alone. I don't blame FAPA for wanting to pursue what is best for their pilot group, that's their job. This is just part of that process. As for the IBT "delaying" things, a face-to-face meeting only makes sense on something this big.

As for the IBT "delaying" things, a face-to-face meeting only makes sense on something this big.

Except that we DO live in the 21st century now and teleconferencing isn't new technology anymore. I've seen footage on tv of criminals being sentenced to long prison sentences and even death by video conferencing. It doesn't get much bigger than that.

Except that we DO live in the 21st century now and teleconferencing isn't new technology anymore. I've seen footage on tv of criminals being sentenced to long prison sentences and even death by video conferencing. It doesn't get much bigger than that.
Agreed, it doesn't get much bigger than death.

Maybe we should have done the whole SLI over Skype or gotomeeting. But that doesn't make sense so why do just one meeting over video-conference after we've come all this way in the old-fashioned manner of "in-person?"

Businesses don't close multi-million dollar deals "over the phone" so there's no need to decide the career fates of 3000+ pilots "over the phone." We all wanted it done at the end of May per the original time-line but that didn't happen (did any of us really think it would?). The arbitrator has said that this next meeting is the last meeting so things will wrap up 2.5 months behind schedule. That sucks but it's not a complete surprise and it certainly could have been worse.

Last edited:
Agreed, it doesn't get much bigger than death.

Maybe we should have done the whole SLI over Skype or gotomeeting. But that doesn't make sense so why do just one meeting over video-conference after we've come all this way in the old-fashioned manner of "in-person?"

Businesses don't close multi-million dollar deals "over the phone" so there's no need to decide the career fates of 3000+ pilots "over the phone." We all wanted it done at the end of May per the original time-line but that didn't happen (did any of us really think it would?). The arbitrator has said that this next meeting is the last meeting so things will wrap up 2.5 months behind schedule. That sucks but it's not a complete surprise and it certainly could have been worse.

FAPA desires the status quo. Any delay in integration keeps itself as an entity still intact. The minute integration comes FAPA's future is in doubt.

The fates of the MAJORITY of the 3000 pilots you speak of CAN ONLY GO UP FROM WHERE THEY WERE originally. Keep flying the 190 cheaply. Pretty soon the C series will be $.40 to the $1.00 of current 737 rates. What a great profession we have.

FAPA desires the status quo. Any delay in integration keeps itself as an entity still intact. The minute integration comes FAPA's future is in doubt.

The fates of the MAJORITY of the 3000 pilots you speak of CAN ONLY GO UP FROM WHERE THEY WERE originally. Keep flying the 190 cheaply. Pretty soon the C series will be $.40 to the $1.00 of current 737 rates. What a great profession we have.
I don't fly the 190 cheaply. I fly the 170 cheaply.

No I'm not happy about it. Yes I'm working to change it. No I'm not responsible for your current situation. No I'm not planning to stay here, it will always be a place, regardless of equipment flown, that will be managed by regional airline mgmt.

I assume the majority of the pilots you mention above are the native RAH'ers. I'm not sure how you think their fates can "only go up from where they were." Up in what way? Oooooh, flying an airbus.<sarcasm> I think you should try a different perspective. There are 900 or so FO's at native RAH whose fates will only go DOWN from where we were. That's right. Once all of the CA's are slotted in above us as well as, I'm sure, the majority of the FO's, what happens to our normal regional airline career progression? Put in your time in the right seat, move over to the left for a few years and then get the hell out to a better airline? Just what I always wanted to do, spend 9 years as an FO at a regional airline.

The way I see it, my career "fate" has taken a huge turn for the worse with the acquisition of F9 and YX.

No I'm not happy about it. Yes I'm working to change it. No I'm not responsible for your current situation. No I'm not planning to stay here, it will always be a place, regardless of equipment flown, that will be managed by regional airline mgmt.

I assume the majority of the pilots you mention above are the native RAH'ers. I'm not sure how you think their fates can "only go up from where they were." Up in what way? Oooooh, flying an airbus.<sarcasm> I think you should try a different perspective. There are 900 or so FO's at native RAH whose fates will only go DOWN from where we were. That's right. Once all of the CA's are slotted in above us as well as, I'm sure, the majority of the FO's, what happens to our normal regional airline career progression? Put in your time in the right seat, move over to the left for a few years and then get the hell out to a better airline? Just what I always wanted to do, spend 9 years as an FO at a regional airline.

The way I see it, my career "fate" has taken a huge turn for the worse with the acquisition of F9 and YX.
Oh well,
That chubbie you got from the "guppy killer" , is now a softy, oh well, the tragic irony is classic.
Sorry for your folly
PBR

Mmm, I just burned my tongue.

Dude, I can empathize with you, but are you really comparing your "career 'fate'" to ours? Do you think you've got it so damn bad? What did you expect when you CHOSE to work at the least scrupulous regional in the industry? F9 and YX are the victims here, not you...

Latest resources

Back