• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Republic Airways posts first quarter loss

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
You can't stand passivism?! What have you actively done to right this injustice? Do you not think what happened was an injustice? Every Republic pilot I've talked to has said "It wasn't me, it was management. We couldn't do anything about it." Is that not the definition of passivism?! Based on some of these posts, I'm beginning to think you believe it's a good thing that Republic is doing mainline flying for regional wages. Furthermore, I know the identities of most Midwest pilots contributing to this thread and to my knowledge none of us were flying when Republic bought us. What would you have had have us do from the sidelines?

You keep saying the Midwest pilot group didn't stand up for ourselves, but you seem to forget that we died because we refused to take pay cuts to your level. If we had taken the pay cuts they would have had no reason to sell us off - they certainly didn't make any money in the sale and BB sure seems to think he can make money doing the same thing we were. If this is destined to be a money-loser (which is what you all have been implying by suggesting a multi-billion dollar private equity firm couldn't justify buying E190s) maybe BB isn't as smart as you think...

BORG is a TOOL . . BORG is a tool . . . . . Borg is a Tool . . .

No no no. . . He is an MORON and an IDIOT! . . . The lamest excuse and poorest reasoning goes to MORON BORG!

HAHAH

BORG is a TOOL . . BORG is a tool . . . . . Borg is a Tool . . .

No no no. . . He is an MORON and an IDIOT! . . . The lamest excuse and poorest reasoning goes to MORON BORG!

HAHAH

Since you're such a smart lady, I challenge you to find the flaw in my reasoning.

This is me waiting...

Lol Spoken like a true idiot. That would make you pretty damned old.

You steal good Midwest jobs for half the pay and I'm the idiot? (LOL) Grow up Skippy. What.....is this a carry over from your teenage texting years?

Last edited:
You steal good Midwest jobs for half the pay and I'm the idiot? (LOL) Grow up Skippy. What.....is this a carry over from your teenage texting years?

Steal? They were under the RLA. They should have helped themselves. Sorry they did not do it, but now I see why their management thought they didn't need to worry about the pilot group. Some lay down and take it and cry instead of picking themselves up and making something out of it. If you think the pilot group "stole" other pilots jobs, you just don't understand the basics of capitalism. They were going to be unemployed by the hands of your pilot group and Midwest management. We were employees of the company that bought Midwest. We didn't consolidate. We bought them.

In addition, you don't understand the RLA and the processes.

I will add this one last point and that is that there are Midwest guys that are showing up on cert making more money than I am. Is that fair? No. Do I cry about it. No, it is the price to help those pilots out as much as we can. So this whole "stole my job" thing is completely and utterly ridiculous and is devisive.

And since when do you, skippy, get to speak for the Midwest pilot group? As I have talked to a few Midwest guys that seem not to have this whole mentality that you do, I am guessing you are just a flamer, in more than one way, and you like to create dissent as much as possible because it makes you feel good. Have a nice life Skippydidoda fag.

Steal? They were under the RLA. They should have helped themselves. Sorry they did not do it, but now I see why their management thought they didn't need to worry about the pilot group. Some lay down and take it and cry instead of picking themselves up and making something out of it. If you think the pilot group "stole" other pilots jobs, you just don't understand the basics of capitalism. They were going to be unemployed by the hands of your pilot group and Midwest management. We were employees of the company that bought Midwest. We didn't consolidate. We bought them.

I will add this one last point and that is that there are Midwest guys that are showing up on cert making more money than I am. Is that fair? No. Do I cry about it. No, it is the price to help those pilots out as much as we can. So this whole "stole my job" thing is completely and utterly ridiculous and is devisive.

And since when do you, skippy, get to speak for the Midwest pilot group? As I have talked to a few Midwest guys that seem not to have this whole mentality that you do, I am guessing you are just a flamer, in more than one way, and you like to create dissent as much as possible because it makes you feel good. Have a nice life Skippydidoda fag.

Why do you continue to ignore the fact that TPG communicated that as soon as we took paycuts they would buy E190s? Is it ignorance, arrogance or some need to feel like our savior?

You bought Midwest? Seems to me every document states it was a merger. Why is TPG now magically on the BOD of Republic?

Skippydidoda fag? Hey Roger, is that your screen name on the religious but secretly gay website you belong to?

You seem to like to speak for the entire Repulsive pilots group. I can't wait to fly with a puke like you some day, if you ever get hired by a major.

This article sums up what I've been saying.

http://www.jsonline.com/business/41437037.html

The Cliff's Notes version:

1. "Midwest said it would rehire the flight crews after they're trained to staff the Republic jets, but only if they accepted substantial pay cuts."
2. "The unions have balked at that demand, so Midwest has suspended plans to train the pilots on flying the Embraer 170 jets, company spokesman Michael Brophy said. Those wage cuts are needed for Midwest to compete effectively, he said." (Despite the fact that AirTran, SWA, JetBlue, etc. were competing very effectively at mainline rates... But just think how much more effectively they could compete if some pilot group was willing to do those jobs for half the price!!)
3. "Given the state of the economy, and the fact that we have not been able to secure a market-competitive cost structure, we have elected to stop the process, a recent memo to employees says." (this means the Midwest employees weren't willing to take it in the @ss like the Republic pilots...)
4. "The unions have requested mediation in their contract talks with Midwest. No further contract talks have been scheduled, Jandorf said." (The Midwest pilots were still trying to resolve the situation, but of course management didn't NEED to negotiate anymore - they had already found a group of sell-outs to take over).
5. And 75% of Midwest pilots were on the street and were powerless to do a damn thing...

Latest resources

Back