• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Regions Air????

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
AV80R, you weren't hired here in '98..... Don Channel wasn't the CP then. You were out making 'training' videos in '98... it seems to me that you were a mid '99 hire. Is all this exaggerating what gets you hired somewhere every year??? hehehehehehehe

Hmm, thought my id had ‘98 hire-date on it? I’m on a trip and can’t double check it right now; heck I don’t know maybe it was 99? I’m sure you know better, you seem to keep track of others pretty well. I wasn't trying to account for my career progression in a chronological order; rather I wanted to say that in my view complaining and hoping for growth is pointless. That's all

Hey, AV80R made it to UPS, and that's good enough for me. Who cares when he was hired at Corporate Airlines / RegionsAir. I saw Don about 6 months ago. Looks like he will upgrade soon. He's a character! Happy hollidays, all you whiners!!!!! Remember, only two votes count for the contract and I'm one of them.

"There'll be saabs for Christmas, just you wait and see...
there'll be saabs for Christ-mas if on-ly in my dreams"

hehehehehe

You have too muh time off I think.............

23 pages of complaining and no one is doing anything about it?

Merry Christmas & a Happy New Year!!!

“Remember, only two votes count for the contract and I'm one of them.”

Taildrager – is there really a new contract on the way? I didn’t even know they were negotiating? This is probably a joke and as always I totally missed it, right? ;)

“23 pages of complaining and no one is doing anything about it?”

I actually don’t think Region guys complain more than any other pilots; they’re just unhappy because their QoL stinks and on top of that the future at Regions seems to be kind of in a limbo right now? Frustrating to say the least. The good thing is – they all got very solid flying experience and I believe most former Corpexers always try to push for current Rejexers no matter what airline they end up at.

Wishing a very Merry Christmas and a much Happier New Year (and happy Hanukah and Kwanza…) to everyone at Regions!

Luv, HomeY :)

Of course, wishing the very same to all former Corpex guys too!

23 pages of complaining and no one is doing anything about it?

Just curious, buttt... What CAN we do about it?

The company is broke..
The company is broke..
The.. company.. is.. broke..

If we are not bought out, we are gone..

We are operating 5 of 12 J32's...
We are going to be losing 2 of those in the end of January for engine overhauls..
We will then be operating 3 of 12 aircraft..

What can we do about it? I don't have $150K to drop on an engine.. You gonna start the goodwill drive? :)

Stick a Fork in 'em...

“Remember, only two votes count for the contract and I'm one of them.”
Does a contract really mean anything if the Saabs are gone in January and the Jetstreams soon behind by summers end? Regions seriously screwed themselves with the DOT thanks to the bungling incompetence of our illustrious management team (Headed up by D.C.)
What are we to make of this contract offer the supposed Buyers/Investors wanted us to sign? Overall paycuts (On already sub-sub-standard pay) for growth? This sounds like one of J.O.'s brilliant business plans; you don't need to bring any management skill to the table, just float the company on the backs of the underpaid employees. If you hang around long enough to pull back the curtain and meet the wizzard, I'm sure you'll find none other than D.C. in the booth. It's all horsesh!t, there is no buyer and they're only trying to buy a little more time.

Last edited:
What CAN we do about it?

Just curious, buttt... What CAN we do about it?

You’re 100% correct – there’s nothing you can do except to hang on and try get some pic time. In the meantime “be ready” just in case. I know most guys (and gals) already attend AirInc seminars (next one is in January 27th in Dallas)

http://www.jet-jobs.com/guestframe.html

I also think that Women-in-Aviation (guys ARE welcomed too!) and Black Airline Pilot Association (ALL races ARE welcomed!) do a great job.

The next WAI (www.wai.org) conference is Feb 15-17 in Orlando, the next OBAP (www.obap.org) conference is in August 13-18 in Houston.

I include some info at the bottom of this post but basically EVERY airline that’s hiring will be there and you’ll have more than the standard 3-5 AirInc. minutes to introduce yourself to the recruiters. Please go, this might be the break y’all looking for, I know it helped me!

Corpex guys & gals are great aviators – all y’all need is a little more exposure and your careers will soar!

Ps. I do not get any kickbacks from the two organizations; I just truly believe they’re doing a heck of a job.

ConferenceInformationCenter

18th Annual International Women in Aviation Conference
February 15-17, 2007
Disney's Coronado Springs Resort, Lake Buena Vista, FL
The 18th Annual International Women in Aviation Conference will be held from Thursday, February 15 through Saturday, February 17, 2007, in Orlando, Florida. This year's Conference will take place at Disney’s Coronado Springs Resort at Walt Disney World®.
With the theme of "Imagining Your Future," participants in the 2007 WAI Conference will be immersed in the tactics and strategies necessary for successful aviation careers. More than 3,000 women and men from all segments of the aviation industry are expected to attend.
New this year! The 2007 Conference is approved as training for FAA employees. Managers may approve attendance and funding for the entire Conference. As with all training, approval is at the manager’s discretion and subject to operational demands, organizational priorities, and resource availability.
Are you thinking about planning a Walt Disney World® vacation for yourself or your family in conjunction with the conference? During our conference your children can participate in unique programs and activities that feature imaginative playtime and professional supervision with Walt Disney World® Resort flair. In-room Nanny services and Mother’s or Father’s Helper services are also available. Also available are an array of discount Theme Park packages that range from after conference day evening packages to Multi-Day Magic Your Way Meeting/Convention Tickets for 2-5 days.
For more information about the Conference, contact WAI at 3647 State Route 503 South, West Alexandria, OH45381, Phone (937) 839-4647. Hope to see you there!
Registration Options

Full Registration includes all meetings, meals, exhibits and social events.
One Day Registration includes all meetings and exhibits. Meals and social events are not included.
Student Registration includes all meetings, exhibits, meals and social events except the banquet.
Miscellaneous Tickets are available for the opening reception, luncheon and banquet for registrants requiring additional tickets.
Military Rate available for active duty, reserve and guard members.
Youth Rate available for children of attendees age 6-12 (excludes all food and social events).

Cont...

Last edited:
What CAN we do about it?

Cont...

I highlighted the ones who are currently recruiting.

18th Annual International Women in Aviation Conference 2007
Registered exhibitors as of December 23, 2006

Air Force 60th Anniversary Commemoration
Air Line Pilots Association, International
Air National Guard
Aircraft Owners & Pilots Association
Aircraft Technical Publishers
Airline Ground Schools
AirNet Systems, Inc.
AirTran Airways
Alaska Airlines
Alpha Flying, Inc.
American Airlines
American Eagle Airlines
American Eurocopter
Angel Flight America
ASTAR Air Cargo (DHL)
Atlantic Southeast Airlines
Author's Table
AviaNation
Aviation Supplies & Academics, Inc.. (ASA)
Aviation Week
AWAM (Assoc. of Women in Aviation Maint.)
Bombardier
CAE SimuFlite
CapeAir / NantucketAirlines
CessnaAircraftCompany
CirrusDesign
ConcordiaUniversity - Intl AMBA Program
Continental Airlines, Inc.
Delta Air Lines Will be hiring shortly!!!
DeltaConnectionAcademy
ExpressJet Airlines Inc.
FAA Managers Association
Federal Aviation Administration (hiring right now)
FedEx Express
FedEx Express Aircraft Maintenance
FlightSafety International
FLTops.com
Frontier Airlines
Girls Fly Too!
Girls With Wings
Gulfstream
Hawker | Beechcraft
Horizon Air
Indiana State University
International Women‘s Air & Space Museum
ISA+21
Jeppesen
JetCorp/JetDirect
Kids in Flight
Middle TN State University
Minnesota State University, Mankato
MN Aviation Inc.
Multi Service Aviation
Museum of Women Pilots
MyFirstWings.com
National Air and Space Museum
National Association of Flight Instructors
National Business Aviation Association
National Gay Pilots Association (NGPA) This has Prince Akeem written all over it! ;)
NetJets Aviation
Ninety-Nines
Northwest Airlines, Inc.
Omni Medical Systems, Inc.
Pacific Southwest Instruments
Pan Am International Flight Academy
Pinnacle Airlines
Plane Mercantile
Port to Port Air Jewelry
Pratt & Whitney
Professional Women Controllers, Inc.
San Juan College
Signature Flight Support
Silent Auction
Skybus
SkyWest Airlines
Southern Illinois University Carbondale
Southwest Airlines
Telex Communications
The Boeing Company
The Ohio State University
TIMCO Aviation Services, Inc.
TRAX USA Corp.
U. S. Navy
U.S. Customs & Border Protection
UND Aerospace
United States Air Force Academy
University Aviation Association
University of Dubuque
University of Tennessee, Aerospace MBA
UPS
USAA
Utah Valley State College Global Aviation
WAI Membership/Chapter Booth
WAI Merchandise
Wal-Mart Aviation
Western Michigan University
Westminster College
Westwind School of Aeronautics
Whirly-Girls International
Wings Financial Federal Credit Union
Women Airforce Service Pilots
Women Fly Inc
Women in Corporate Aviation (WCA)
Women Military Aviators

The Organization of Black Airline Pilots
www.obap.org
Get ready for 2007 Convention!

It's not to early to prepare for next years convention!
Join us in Houston, Texas at the Hilton Americas 13-18 August.
Convention Hotel: Hilton
http://www.hilton.com/en/hi/groups/personalized/houcvhh_1ap/index.jhtml
Contact Information:
Ray-Sean Silvera
2007 Convention Chairman
713-385-6516
[email protected]

Elizabeth Saunders
OBAP Convention Admin Manager
407-425-8889 office
407-353-3256 Cell
[email protected]