• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Regions Air????

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
The news sounds sad over there. Cant say I miss the place, only the people I worked with. HOW DID A CORPEX POST GET THIS LONG!!!!!!!

Whats the word on Air Midwest taking over some STL routes?

The news sounds sad over there. Cant say I miss the place, only the people I worked with. HOW DID A CORPEX POST GET THIS LONG!!!!!!!

Whats the word on Air Midwest taking over some STL routes?

Because only the ignorant think that mesa, gggoooojjjetss and others are leading the race to the bottom...the truth is that they don't stand a chance. The race has already been won.

In fact I think that if you go back two DO's (RDU era) the trophy is on his mantel...

Excuse me...I'm going over to Sticky Fingers and get deafened some more by the cover band...I will hoist a pint for you guys though-I hope you all find better compensation soon!

Tram-you comment about the movie-well, consider those that don't have a place to leave to when they get their pic time in. Those people that are getting hired by the few good places left are current and qualified in swept wing FMS equipped turbojets. Not much movement for the guys and gals that gambled on the quick upgrade in the turboprop market.

The paradigm has changed. Those folks that bailed saw it first and should be commended for it...smyrna still hasn't caught on and that's why you are stuck with 1990 AE pay...they used corpex as a stepping stone-even HQ will tell you that is what it is. By doing so they springboraded past many folks that stayed, expecting to leave for a job outside the regional market and will end up in a far more robust financial position.

Last edited:
Because only the ignorant think that mesa, gggoooojjjetss and others are leading the race to the bottom...the truth is that they don't stand a chance. The race has already been won.

In fact I think that if you go back two DO's (RDU era) the trophy is on his mantel...

Excuse me...I'm going over to Sticky Fingers and get deafened some more by the cover band...I will hoist a pint for you guys though-I hope you all find better compensation soon!

Tram-you comment about the movie-well, consider those that don't have a place to leave to when they get their pic time in. Those people that are getting hired by the few good places left are current and qualified in swept wing FMS equipped turbojets. Not much movement for the guys and gals that gambled on the quick upgrade in the turboprop market.

The paradigm has changed. Those folks that bailed saw it first and should be commended for it...smyrna still hasn't caught on and that's why you are stuck with 1990 AE pay...they used corpex as a stepping stone-even HQ will tell you that is what it is. By doing so they springboraded past many folks that stayed, expecting to leave for a job outside the regional market and will end up in a far more robust financial position.

Belch,

While I do respect your point of view, seeing that you have much more time and experience than myself in the industry, I do have to disagree on the point about T-Prop and T-Jet experience. Yes, the RJ's are more inline with equipment flown by the "mainlines" today, however, there are too many cases of people getting hired onto to SWA et. al., from Colgan, CommutAir, Great Lakes, AmeriFlight, and numerous other turbo-prop operators for me to lose hope just yet. Where am I getting this information from, you ask? 95% heresay and conjecture. All I know is that when the time comes to send out resumes, I'll have my 121 turbine time box checked. Time to go back to memorizing my chestlicks.

Belch,

While I do respect your point of view, seeing that you have much more time and experience than myself in the industry, I do have to disagree on the point about T-Prop and T-Jet experience. Yes, the RJ's are more inline with equipment flown by the "mainlines" today, however, there are too many cases of people getting hired onto to SWA et. al., from Colgan, CommutAir, Great Lakes, AmeriFlight, and numerous other turbo-prop operators for me to lose hope just yet. Where am I getting this information from, you ask? 95% heresay and conjecture. All I know is that when the time comes to send out resumes, I'll have my 121 turbine time box checked. Time to go back to memorizing my chestlicks.

I would say Belch is right in line with things. Yes, there are Turboprop guys getting hired at SWA. I'm sure there are some getting hired at other places as well. Look at your current pilot group, a lot of those guys have more than 1000k PIC 121 or pretty damn close to it. They are getting the thanks but no thanks letters. I still keep in touch with quite a few people at Corpex and get the low down. Airtran "had" slowed down on hiring Turboprop guys because they're requiring so much extra sim time. (3 to 4 Sessions) I'm not sure if this is still the case. At the OBAP convention back in Aug they said they would rather see "some" glass time on your resume. IN other words, you could have 1000k PIC, but they want you to have 100 hours SIC in a E145. Just some type of glass time. Belch has about 2000-3000 hours PIC JS32 time. It took him 5 years to find a job flying big boys.
I wish all of my Corpex guys the best. KY can't begin to help the pain we all went through over there.

Fly safe!

I agree 100% with Belch. When I left corpex for XJT my pay automatically jumped 5 bucks, not to mention perdiem and QOL. Not only does your life improve but also your experience, flying to different major airports, FMS, glass cockpit.etc.
Bottom line, I rather get stuck in a regional for 5 years making 70-80k/year than in a crappy regional making 28k. Second year FO pay at most regionals is way more than corpex CA pay.

Belch,

It's a trend that I have noticed. I'm sure that there is someone that could tell me if colgan gets to use the FMS in thier Saabs...in one class of 22 I was in there were only three turboprop only guys. In the last class I was the only one, but there were many furloughed indy air guys. At least the saab has some automation.

Having said that I will also point out that there is no better way to build instrument skills than fly eight legs in a day in crappy weather in a jball. No better way to get really fatigued either...especially after a short overnight!

Lastly, there is no excuse for accepting the sub-standard 1990's payscale and terminal pay freeze. Contrary to what you may think you are not doing yourselves or the industry as a whole a favor.

Oh yeah, you aren't supposed to memorize checklists-just memory items.

AirTran and SWA used to be regular destinations for ex corpexers. That trend has changed also...

Along with all the friends that are still there I miss the chicken lips also!
Perhaps I will have to work out a plan to get there on a friday or saturday...yet there is no Leffe in BRL.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back