• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Regional FOs: Check out NetJets

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Now that's the half-truth. The process of creating ethanol burns more fossil fuels than the energy yield of the ethanol. You're paying the oil tycoon anyway. Ethanol as a "source of energy" is a complete sham, consuming billions of dollars of taxpayer money and wasting even more oil than if we'd burned it directly in our cars. In the process, we're driving up food costs even further.

Want a solution to the energy problem? Electric or plug-in hybrid cars, and a lot more nuclear reactors. And yes, I'd gladly have one in my backyard.

Bingo! That's 100% true. Ethanol is a complete sham cooked up by the Bush administration to divert attention from the oil industry in the global warming debate. The fossil fuel use in producing ethanol is hidden, so everyone thinks ethanol is "green".

I'm a regional FO, NOT on the RJ, and put up with a lot of sh...err, stuff. Just got a TA that seems to be 'adequate'. I don't like some parts of my career, but for what I want to do, i.e., fly big airplanes built by Boeing or Airbus, I think I'm in the right place.

Will a fractional job help me toward that goal?

here is a little wisdom from experience, do not chase aircraft (e.g. boeing/airbus) when thinking about your career. let the aircraft come to you.....

All the guys from regionals in my new hire class were 6-8 year captains. Funny how this thread is singling out the FO's.

....and now back to ECON 101

I've been with NJA for a little over a year and some of the guys in my new hire class were from the majors. They said they jumped ship because their
upgrade time was way tooo long and no stability.
Plus crappy medical.

Ethanol is a complete sham cooked up by the Bush administration to divert attention from the oil industry in the global warming debate.

I hate Bush as much as the next guy, but we can't pin the Ethanol sham on him. Ethanol subsidies go back to long before the Bush administration. The Republicans have been pandering to the corn farmers for many years with corn subsidies for Ethanol. Bush carried on the pandering legacy, but his administration certainly didn't cook up the idea.

you guys at netjets can get a PB&J sandwich? thats is farking rad! where do i sign. before anyone jumps the gun. i am completely serious. i love me some pb&j and you can never get it on the road. 7 days on the road, i'll do that on my elbows. 12 days is where i start to forget where teh light switches are in my home .

you guys at netjets can get a PB&J sandwich? thats is farking rad! where do i sign. before anyone jumps the gun. i am completely serious. i love me some pb&j and you can never get it on the road.

Our pilots fall into two main camps: those who love their PB&J, and those who make fun of them for "wasting" a slot on the crew menu with them. Considering how popular it was in the food polls, I'd say it wasn't a waste. :laugh:

I'd rather have a nice piece of fish, myself, but there are lots of options, particularly with the regional options that have been added.

Our pilots fall into two main camps: those who love their PB&J, and those who make fun of them for "wasting" a slot on the crew menu with them. Considering how popular it was in the food polls, I'd say it wasn't a waste. :laugh:

I'd rather have a nice piece of fish, myself, but there are lots of options, particularly with the regional options that have been added.

I like me some peanut butter and Jelly! I Reckon.

Switchgrass! 2 crops a year, yields more ethonol than sugarcane per acre. Can't use it in planes but the military is trying blends in a c-130 wing.

80% of electricity in the US is from burning coal.

Look it up!

80% of electricity in the US is from burning coal.

Look it up!

Yep. Kind of embarrassing that the French have been smart enough to use nuclear (pronounced NOO-klee-er, Mr. President) for over 80% of their electricity. I see the US is finally looking at approving a new nuclear power plant; thank goodness! Let's hope we see more of that soon.

Latest resources

Back