Regional FOs: Check out NetJets

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Hi!

I thought NJ guys ONLY stayed at Hilton brand?

I CAN see how they might be full at a particular location, and you have to stay non-Hilton-is that the deal?

cliff
YIP

PS-I've JS and non-revved all over the place the last 5 years. I've never had a trip that didn't work. When the family goes on vacation, they normally buy tickets, and I JS-it always works out for us.
Note: We only have family travel with Midwest, and that only started about 6 months ago.

Why Milk Is Expensive...

FYI - Milk is more expensive now because the corn used in the cow feed is also being used for ethanol production (to replace expensive gasoline). So, corn costs have increased for farmers too and this translates into higher milk costs for customers. The farmers want to protect their margins so they pass the costs along to the consumers.

BTW, I'd take hauling a$$ in a Citation X from the NY area to Aspen carrying celebrities vs. flying cheap rednecks for LCCs or regionals any day... Who wants to fly the same routes to the same boring cities over and over again? Not me. 20+ years of flying for SWA, Jet Blue or Air Tran would drive me crazy with those quick turns and repetitive routes. That's no fun even if you get a good paycheck - work would become painful. But that's just me.

Last edited:
I'll bite....I'm glad you like the airlines...you're right, the frac flying is not for everyone but you should be putting out info that is CORRECT. Looks like your mis-informed on the job we do.

We don't file flightplans, we don't empty lavs, we don't fuel planes and most of all if we don't wont to load bags we simply "tip" the FBO rampies to load them for us and turn it in to the company for reimbursement.

So in all reality the job isn't that much different than that of the airlines other than you have to clean after people get off....most of the time it's not even dirty, but other times I just pay the rampies to clean it for me.....

Different strokes for different folks, but people need to truly know the differences.

The best thing for me is the job stability.

NO AIRLINE is as stable as Netjets.

By your CORRECT comment you're implying I was way off base in my assessment of frac flying. Where exactly was I incorrect? O.k. so you don't actually dump the lav or actually refuel or actually load bags. You do, however, have to coordinate all that stuff. I'd prefer it just happens automatically. That was my point and it doesn't invalidate all the other points I made and all the other comments apply to me, not necessarily you. I never suggested otherwise.

Why so defensive? There is nothing wrong with frac flying. It's a good job. Pays well. Good bennies. Some positive points and some negative points. My negative may be your positive and vice versa. The same applies to airline flying. If for some reason I found myself at NJ I would be grateful to be working at an excellent company, I'd adapt to the requirements of the job and I'd make it a point to enjoy myself. I'm guessing that if the tables were turned you'd do the same at an airline job. In the current hiring market we have somewhat of a choice and for now I think I prefer airline flying. You prefer the fracs. Neither is right or wrong.

If you want to get picky there are airline jobs that are as stable and maybe even more stable than the fracs. FedEx, UPS and SWA come to mind. I'll agree that NJ is a very stable gig. Probably one of the most stable jobs in the business. It is vulnerable on some level though. Nobody, not even the mighty NJ is immune from the laws of business

By your CORRECT comment you're implying I was way off base in my assessment of frac flying. Where exactly was I incorrect? O.k. so you don't actually dump the lav or actually refuel or actually load bags. You do, however, have to coordinate all that stuff. I'd prefer it just happens automatically. That was my point and it doesn't invalidate all the other points I made and all the other comments apply to me, not necessarily you. I never suggested otherwise.

Why so defensive? There is nothing wrong with frac flying. It's a good job. Pays well. Good bennies. Some positive points and some negative points. My negative may be your positive and vice versa. The same applies to airline flying. If for some reason I found myself at NJ I would be grateful to be working at an excellent company, I'd adapt to the requirements of the job and I'd make it a point to enjoy myself. I'm guessing that if the tables were turned you'd do the same at an airline job. In the current hiring market we have somewhat of a choice and for now I think I prefer airline flying. You prefer the fracs. Neither is right or wrong.

If you want to get picky there are airline jobs that are as stable and maybe even more stable than the fracs. FedEx, UPS and SWA come to mind. I'll agree that NJ is a very stable gig. Probably one of the most stable jobs in the business. It is vulnerable on some level though. Nobody, not even the mighty NJ is immune from the laws of business

No harm intended.....Please don't take it as such...

You're right....nothing is guaranteed, but I will leave my bets on NJA.
icon6.gif

No harm intended.....Please don't take it as such...

You're right....nothing is guaranteed, but I will leave my bets on NJA.
icon6.gif

I think that's an excellent bet. There aren't very many jobs significantly better than NJ and most are a lot worse (airline and other fracs). You and I just disagree slightly on what kind of flying we each prefer. Nice talking to you.

I think that's an excellent bet. There aren't very many jobs significantly better than NJ and most are a lot worse (airline and other fracs). You and I just disagree slightly on what kind of flying we each prefer. Nice talking to you.

Actually I prefer the 121/scheduled flying better, I just don't like the instability that goes along with it. I like job security for the sake of my family.

I went through a furlough after 9/11 and hope I NEVER have to do that again....

It was nice talking to you too.

By your CORRECT comment you're implying I was way off base in my assessment of frac flying. Where exactly was I incorrect? O.k. so you don't actually dump the lav or actually refuel or actually load bags. You do, however, have to coordinate all that stuff. I'd prefer it just happens automatically.

Yeah that coordinating stuff is really hard. You pull up a clean professional line guy is standing at my airstairs to take my fuel order, take any trash for me, dump my lav, basically anything I need because we are paying them, plus tipping them.

Remember these are not your airline rampers, they are professionals who do a great job.

When 9/11 happened we kept on trucking, our owners have 5 year contracts so we're as stable as stable can be.

Yeah not knowing if I'm going to end up in LA or London is a hard part to get used to. :)

Different strokes different folks. Let's at least get the facts state of what goes on. Not what you hear in the cockpit as one of our shiny planes taxi by.

I tip my hat to the NJA guys. This is great news for both 121 and Fractional pilots. If anything a mass exodus will cause the regional airliners to panic as the pilots move to NJA. This might be just the start for regionals to start paying more.

And I just woke up... But again nice job to the NetJets guys. I would for sure entertain this.

FYI - Milk is more expensive now because the corn used in the cow feed is also being used for ethanol production (to replace expensive gasoline). So, corn costs have increased for farmers too and this translates into higher milk costs for customers. The farmers want to protect their margins so they pass the costs along to the consumers.

That and the fact that the dollar is at a 25 year low. Even the Canuk is higher than the dollar now. 5 years ago it was almost $0.25 less.

When the dollar declines, it takes more of them to buy goods, especially in our "global economy". But of course, the government would rather have you believe it's the ethanol rather than them screwing up the economy.

Latest resources

Back