Regional FOs: Check out NetJets

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

PCL_128

I was just browsing the Fractionals sections of the board for the first time in months, and it looks like the NetJets pilots are voting on a new contract that offers more pay for newhire FOs than many regional RJ Captains are making. The agreement also has 100+ crew bases, 50% 401k match, 100% paid medical benefits, etc...

This is an excellent opportunity for regional FOs with some flight time built up, because there is no PIC time requirement to be competitive for the job. They hire plenty of guys with no PIC time. As long as you've got the 2500 TT, 500 ME, and your ATP, you're good to go. If you don't have the ATP, that just takes a quick few days at AllATPs.

Don't keep putting up with the bulls&^% that the regionals are dishing out. There are better options. Check out this thread for the details on the NetJets contract: http://forums.flightinfo.com/showthread.php?t=103916

I was just browsing the Fractionals sections of the board for the first time in months, and it looks like the NetJets pilots are voting on a new contract that offers more pay for newhire FOs than many regional RJ Captains are making. The agreement also has 100+ crew bases, 50% 401k match, 100% paid medical benefits, etc...

This is an excellent opportunity for regional FOs with some flight time built up, because there is no PIC time requirement to be competitive for the job. They hire plenty of guys with no PIC time. As long as you've got the 2500 TT, 500 ME, and your ATP, you're good to go. If you don't have the ATP, that just takes a quick few days at AllATPs.

Don't keep putting up with the bulls&^% that the regionals are dishing out. There are better options. Check out this thread for the details on the NetJets contract: http://forums.flightinfo.com/showthread.php?t=103916

not only regional FO's but LCC FO's or anyone just tired of the industry and wants to make a move , bet there are alot of people at LCC that want a move but can afford it or regional captains. If I read the proposal right new hire Fo's with an 18 day on schedule makes 69+ first year if they keep that scheduele and that is just basic pay.

At that pay rate it makes it easier for people to move over instead of paying 30 bucks first year just to prove you belong there, by the what union to they have??

not only regional FO's but LCC FO's or anyone just tired of the industry and wants to make a move , bet there are alot of people at LCC that want a move but can afford it or regional captains. If I read the proposal right new hire Fo's with an 18 day on schedule makes 69+ first year if they keep that scheduele and that is just basic pay.

True. If I wasn't based at home not flying much on reserve, then it would probably be something that I would consider, too.

by the what union to they have??

They started their own local under the Teamsters a few years ago. I'm not a fan of the Teamsters as a National organization, but the local NetJets guys are top-notch. This is the second TA they've brought to the pilots with amazing advances in pay, work rules, and job protections.

I thought about fractionals, but you have to remember... no pass benefits and no jumpseats.

I thought about fractionals, but you have to remember... no pass benefits and no jumpseats.

But they do keep airline points and hotel points for their own use. The guys I know in the Frac world always have enough points for a few free airline tickets and hotels. Not too bad.

Plus, starting Regional FO pay = $20k, Frac starting pay $65k, I think I could afford to buy a ticket or two if I needed to ;)

I'm a regional FO, NOT on the RJ, and put up with a lot of sh...err, stuff. Just got a TA that seems to be 'adequate'. I don't like some parts of my career, but for what I want to do, i.e., fly big airplanes built by Boeing or Airbus, I think I'm in the right place.

Will a fractional job help me toward that goal?

But they do keep airline points and hotel points for their own use. The guys I know in the Frac world always have enough points for a few free airline tickets and hotels. Not too bad.

Plus, starting Regional FO pay = $20k, Frac starting pay $65k, I think I could afford to buy a ticket or two if I needed to ;)

So? 100 bases means living where you work and the pay lets you BUY an actual positive space ticket.

Not when your kids live 5 states away and you have to either go see them or fly them down to where you live twice a month. That's lot of tickets to buy, and I'm sure I'm not the only pilot in that situation. Hence, no travel bennies and no jumpseats doesn't work. I just wanted to point that out for everyone. Some of us rely on those benefits.

And I have news for you. In today's world where milk costs $5 a gallon and gas costs $3, $65K a year ain't that much!

Latest resources

Back