• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Regional FOs: Check out NetJets

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Most regional FO's and some captains don't have the minimum times required at NJ's.

Remember 2500 isn't just a minimum its a hard requirement. The owners have contracts and expect a certain level of experience. The 2500hrs goes a long way to ensuring that.

Plus I believe the fact that the company can only hire 2500hr pilots at a minimum has kept our wages high because we can't be undercut by pilots willing to do our jobs for 1/4 of the pay just to gain "experience".

once the TA passes NetJets will become very picky with the applicants. Mostly going for/stealing pilots from other fractionals.

It's a long time to be gone, but the 7 days off is very nice.

Yeah, but I have no life, so I'd get way too bored being home for 7 days. I saw something on the frax board about 15 and 18 day schedules, what's the deal with that.

I hate working 4 day trips, can't imagine working for 7 days in a row.
I agree, but with double the pay right out of the gate and then 7 days off.....compared to my 6/1 schedule now......It sounds pretty good.

Yeah, but I have no life, so I'd get way too bored being home for 7 days. I saw something on the frax board about 15 and 18 day schedules, what's the deal with that.

15 day Flex - Longest trip is 5 days, followed by minimum of 3 days off. However you have no say in your schedule....You won't work more than 15 days.

18 Day Fixed - Longest trip is 7 days (with exception you CAN work a 8 day trip if the company needs you to one time per 4 month period). You will be able to bid your schedule by selecting days off, length of trips, starts days, etc in a PBS system (it WILL be monitored by the Union unlike CAL's). You will know the schedule the month prior and it WILL be a "fixed" schedule. 6 days or less is mandatory 3 days off, 7 days require minimum of 4 days off, and the 1 8 day you MIGHT do will require 5 days off. All this for a mere 20% override over the 7&7 pay....not a bad deal if you ask me.

Just some variations of the 7&7 schedule with the option to work more/less giving up flexibility for pay.

When I was NonReving out of JFK one night, there was a NetJet guy there trying to get home to. Said that if he didn't get home that night, it was an additional $400.......sound true?

If so, I want THAT contract!

When I was NonReving out of JFK one night, there was a NetJet guy there trying to get home to. Said that if he didn't get home that night, it was an additional $400.......sound true?

It would have been more. It should have been two days pay. So almost a grand.

If so, I want THAT contract!

Yup there is a provision in there.... Except the pay will be more than $400 with the new TA rates....

For a 3 year SIC on the 18 day....$717.94
For a 3 year SIC on the 7&7........$700.42
For a 5 year PIC on the 18 day...$1130.99
For a 14 year PIC on the 18 day.$1541.42

Alot of money for getting home after midnight...

It doesn't happen often, but when it does...man it's nice.

Last edited:
I hate working 4 day trips, can't imagine working for 7 days in a row.

I've done both 4 day trips and I currently work at a company with 7 on/off. I much prefer the current schedule.

With a 4 day trip, that left me with 3 off. Day 1 was used up with recovering from the trip and reacclimating to the family. Day 2 was an enjoyable day, and day 3 was consumed by the thought of going out the next day, as well as getting everything prepared for the road and at home.

With the week on/week off, I am able to enjoy my time at home more and as someone else mentioned, the vacation is better. I've been able to turn 2 weeks of vacation into 6 weeks off. I am currently on day 11 of 21 off and am sporting a full beard. I call it my vacation trophy.:)

Latest resources

Back