• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Regional airline crashes & failed checkrides

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Probably. But if I remember correctly, there is a certain cargo carrier who hired a pilot with a record not unlike the Colgan CA had. Good thing they all made it out of that thing. Also, probably a good thing it was a cargo plane with the fire that ensued.

Sadly, when it comes to women pilots, the rules seem to be applied differently.. All so we can worship at the alter of equality.

Sadly, when it comes to women pilots, the rules seem to be applied differently.. All so we can worship at the alter of equality.

True. But for some reason, I think that if you were to go through the pilot records of EVERY "legacy" or cargo airline, there's probably people just like said cargo carrier, or the CA at Colgan. Regardless of demographic.

You know, the types of pilots that chew up valuable union resources to keep their job, etc.

How many accidents at airlines using AQP vs airlines using old-fashioned "you bet your job" checkrides?

There is No Substitute for Experience....The media is still, "Highly Ignorant" when it come to any aviation discussion, so don't get wrapped around the axle trying to defend our profession...

Yep-

Just ask around about the ASA guy who landed the plane at Waycross.... There is no dooubt he would have hit the street had he been a plain white boy. Also, think about the white dragon and the other crazy female who scares the heck out of everyone-ever wonder how they never got fired?

How many accidents at airlines using AQP vs airlines using old-fashioned "you bet your job" checkrides?

Good point-
Kinda hard to fail a checkride when you never actually take a real checkride.
-Also-people from some 121 flight schools take "stage checks" rather than check rides. From what I understand, a failed "stage check" doesn't show up on an FAA record.

Last edited:
so if only 1 of ten pilots from major airline crashes had multiple failures. Does that prove that guys with multible failures are safer:)

FoxNews now saying that the FAA is going to take action on the pilot training situation...

I can hardly wait, the government is going to try and fix something with our money. More powerful than a speeding kingair, able to leap over a 777 in a single, its a bird, its a frog, its the government. Whatever!

Latest resources

Back