• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Rah To Fly For Midwest Express

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I may be missing something here, but, didn't this happen, sort of in reverse, at Republic with E-jets only with US Airways?

Wasn't it something similar? Airways sold their Mid Atlantic jets to Republic but as it was a sale of assets they did not have to "sell" the pilots with the deal? Didn't this put the Airways guys back on the street. Didn't Mid Atlantic pilots fly the same planes for Airways?

Does all this make anybody else's head hurt? Do you ever wonder if these airline execs spent as much time running good quality companies as they did making craziness like this that we would not have half the problems we do?

I'm sorry, this kind of stuff is hocus pocus. Either you own and operate an airline, pay your people a decent salary to fly, serve and maintain said airplanes or you do not. It is just that simple.

For just how long are we as pilots going to put up with this crud? Seriously. Where is the line?
No, the mid atlantic and airways pilots got jobs for it....thus the j4j .....jets for jobs.

. If you fly a 145 you are just as guilty as anyone else in the way this industry has turned so don't start preaching.

Well, the 145/CRJ was all that was around back then. If the 170 existed then it would have done as good a job as it's doing now at replacing mainline planes.

Despite all this, "We don't like this at all.." you know come October RAH pilots will be replacing the midwest planes.

Bottom line is over a hundred well-paid pilots lose work and a similar amount of $23/hr new hires get to keep to avoid a furlough and hopefully get a quick upgrade so they can get one of those rare mainline jobs.

Hopefully Midwest pilots can get similar wages to what they had to fly those planes. Frankly, I'd look the other way towards the scope issue. Let them grieve it like they do everything else. Find a loophole and then say...Sorry RAH pilots but, it's management playing games..we have nothing to do with it!!

Take it easy killer, nobody is crossing a picket line. In addition, the 170's have the same amount of seats as 900's so there is no diff there other than the engines are below the wings. If you fly a 145 you are just as guilty as anyone else in the way this industry has turned so don't start preaching. I can't believe the amount of penis envy you guys have. It is almost embarrassing to watch you guys.

Yup, I agree. I just want to make sure we aren't doing anything wrong. You are right about the RJ, what a joke man. And I don't have penis envy, I am happy with what I've been given, thank you very much. :D

This is a bad deal!! The furloughs will be over... no one going on the streets at RAH, the capt downgrades have been called off today. But whats even worse is that the ME guys will be on the streets.
Every pilot at RAH does not like this deal...
Smart on the behalf of management on both sides, but ********************ty on the behalf of the ME guys... I feel for the ME guys fully... Good luck!!!

the captain downgrades weren't called off at rah they were pushed up by two months. Oct 1st.

I don't think so....at the 1.5 year mark Midwest has the option to buy (or assume the leases) these airplanes.

Looks like RAH found a place to unload static aircraft that were draining the bottom line and taking up gate space in PIT. They might just get rid of them for good.
Incorrect sir!!! RAH owns those airplanes and are leasing them to Midwest. RAH will continue to lease them to Midwest reattaining the ownership of the 170's for the duration of the prospective 10 year contract. RAH Pilots will fly them at first but Midwest has the option in 2010 to put their pilots in the 170's on their own contract and rate structure. I will say again RAH will retain ownership or will be the holder of the leases during the duration of the contract. This Violates our CBA. No pilot other than pilots of RAH will fly RAH airplanes. Then again nothing has stopped Bedford from violating our contract before

the captain downgrades weren't called off at rah they were pushed up by two months. Oct 1st.

half right, the chq downgrades were pushed up, all the 170 republic downgrades were canceled. i believe it was about 18-20 guys affected, the republic downgrades were the most senior.

Latest resources

Back