• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Racial Profiling: Good or Bad?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
First, its only called ratial profiling by the ACLU. Second, as stated well enough before, it's called "profiling", period, other adjectives muddy the water.

YES:bomb:

I say NO to racial/religious profile, but I say YES YES YES to BEHAVIORAL PROFILING.[/quote]

Then you are overlooking the ROOT of the problem. It is a RELIGIOUS thing. If you think otherwise you need to listen better. They (the terrorists) have even told us so on NUMEROUS occasions.

Start by screening out people who don't commit terror attacks. Don't waste time on screening elderly women, toddlers, etc. People who are not screened out, should be fully screened. This would definitely include 20-30 year old men. This isn't technically profiling because you aren't subjecting certain ethnicities to high screening, you are subjecting low threat groups to less intensive screening.

Muslims and terrorists don't necessarily fit stereotypes. Many caucasians who look like "average Americans" are Muslims. John Walker Lindh, captured in Afghanistan fighting for the Taliban, is white. Jose Padilla is hispanic. John Allan Muhammad, the DC sniper, is black. Many prison inmates of all ethnicities convert to Islam while in prison. Furthermore, Muslims from Albania, the former Yugoslavia, and the former Soviet Republics are often European in appearance, not Arab.

So good it's baaaad. At least until Norwegian grandmothers start slaughtering innocents. Then we're back to square one.

I say NO to racial/religious profile, but I say YES YES YES to BEHAVIORAL PROFILING.

Then you are overlooking the ROOT of the problem. It is a RELIGIOUS thing. If you think otherwise you need to listen better. They (the terrorists) have even told us so on NUMEROUS occasions.[/quote]

Hmmm, I guess I should stop seeing my Pakistani AME for my medicals.... who knows what he could be planning.

Go back and crawl in your little hole you climbed out of, al-Qaeda can't get you there.

exactly!!! Excellent idea, even better if idiots wouldn't keep listening to morons screaming about civil liberties. like the bozo the clown retart.

Hmmm, I guess I should stop seeing my Pakistani AME for my medicals.... who knows what he could be planning.

Go back and crawl in your little hole you climbed out of, al-Qaeda can't get you there.

Flyer...

You should listen to your wife...

You're pretty dumb.

The concept of profiling means that a target group is more likely to contain individuals who display a certain behavior.

This has been warped by the ACLU to mean that we are calling every Muslim a terrorist.

NO

But, with all due respects to your AME, a terrorist is more likely to be a Pakistani male between 18-35, than a Swedish Au Pair between 19 and 24.

Latest resources

Back