• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

ELVISP

Ok, I'm back!
Ok, so what is the consensus out there?
Do we take the information given that terrorists for the most part are muslim, male, 18-35 and Jihadist and begin to crack down on them leaving alone the 85 year old woman and mother with 2 babies? I don't have detailed research data but, I would imagine that this would cut down on what the avarage American travelor can carry in their carry on as well as create shorter security checkpoint lines.
Or...do we assume that racial profiling is unreliable, because instead of looking at criminal behavior simply focus on the color of their skin and basically making an entire race guilty untill proven innocent? Not to mention what would stop these terrorist sects from then recruiting soldiers that do not fit the profile and that could more easily slip through the cracks?
What says you?

This country is way too litigated with lawyers to ever let that happen. It would "Hurt" someone's feelings??

Yes they should, but I think the real threat may come from WHITE turn coats. Like that kid from the Peoples Republic of KalifoRnia. The Muslims know that we are watching them, and will find another avenue. I think that they still consider aircraft as targets of opportunity, because of the great destruction potential, target wise and socially.

I often thought of a solution for this, but the fact remains, that the only way to secure this problem is to check everyone.

My idea is to have a carousel if you will, much like a ski lift. You have seats, spaced 3 feet apart, sitting sideways, on a conveyer belt. You step on the conveyor, sit down, and take your shoes, bags, metal, etc and place them in a tub that is on a conveyor that moves with you. The seat would go under the metal detector, and your items under the X-Ray machine, similar to the current model. BUT, if you get flagged (set of the detectors), you get up out of the chair pick up your tub, and go to another walk through line. This would expedite the people that have there stuff ready to go. 90% of the public would just float under the machines, and be on there way. The conveyor would keep moving, and the retards that hold the line up would be pulled out and sent to another line so they could take there belt buckle off and go through the detector again.

And for the people that understand the system, and are ready to go, the conveyor would just keep moving. I think this would cut the TSA security time by half.

If you see this somewhere think of me, I will be out of this industry and on the beach somewhere earning 10% on my money.

Mark

excellent

My second idea is to have a small concession stand along the way, where you could sell coffee, newspapers and magazines. The next would be a small stand with multiple size envelopes, incase you forgot your pocket knife in your pocket. You could fill your info out on the envelope, and send it back to your home.

All while the conveyer keeps moving.

Ok, so what is the consensus out there?
Do we take the information given that terrorists for the most part are muslim, male, 18-35 and Jihadist and begin to crack down on them leaving alone the 85 year old woman and mother with 2 babies? I don't have detailed research data but, I would imagine that this would cut down on what the avarage American travelor can carry in their carry on as well as create shorter security checkpoint lines.
Or...do we assume that racial profiling is unreliable, because instead of looking at criminal behavior simply focus on the color of their skin and basically making an entire race guilty untill proven innocent? Not to mention what would stop these terrorist sects from then recruiting soldiers that do not fit the profile and that could more easily slip through the cracks?
What says you?

Hey ace, Muslim is not a race.

Profiling, in any case, is usually good police work. Look for something or someone that fits a pattern. If the pattern is young, male, Arab, then focus your energy in that regard.

White guy in a business suit walking in a drug infested neighborhood? Doesn't belong...if a cop sees him and busts him with drugs, can he cry 'racial profiling?' Is that economic profilling? Look, if the cops in my city are NOT profiling in some way to prevent crime, then I want my tax dollars back. Don't surveil old white ladies when you're looking for rapist, and don't profile young black women when you're looking for a serial killer. It "could" happen, but it ain't likely and is a waste of resources.

Bad.

Remember the UK liquid bomb terror plot? Who was responsible for tipping off the authorities, and in essense, stopping the plot from being carried out?

It was the average John Doe members of the British Muslim community. They heard something bad was being planned by some members within their own muslim community, and they decided to step up and alert the authorities to stop the attack from happening.

By profiling Muslims only in America, this will breed distrust from the Muslim community and the government. If they distrust the government, they won't speak up if they hear something bad goin on in their own ranks.

To fight terror effectively, we need to win over (which we have) an keep the good muslims in this nation and Britain on OUR side. Most effective terror fighting tool is listening to what the good Muslims have heard about the "bad" Muslims within their own community (if there are the bad ones planning something malicious).

Get it?

I say NO to racial/religious profile, but I say YES YES YES to BEHAVIORAL PROFILING.

Latest resources

Back