• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

question for Republic people

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Ok, to be exact first year FO's on all A/C make 24.50. RAH passes you every year after first year pay....not that it's great, just better. Don't forget the bonus that we get at Xmas time for making BB a rich man.

Well you should get paid more than us. Rember you fly a 70+ seat jet and we fly a 37 seat turboprop. But you guys can't see that through your SJS. You prove that by wanting to fly the 190. You are only bringing down the industry with your SJS games. Grow up!

Meyers is just terribly jealous he's not flying an Embraer product. It's no big deal, i'd be more than happy to walk your stuff in at RAH when we start hiring again so you can come fly 190s with us!

Thus the attitude wrong with the industry..... its sad bro!

Okay listen "bro", I think most of us really don't want to hear some first year FO (who actually differentiates between C-152/C-172 in their profile) preaching to others about how we're ruining the profession. People have been pointing fingers and accusing everyone they don't like of ruining the profession since the Wright Brothers. How much are you getting paid to fly that CRJ around Mr. Upholder of the Profession? The issue is not who flies what the issue is $$$. If we operate 190s for at or near mainline pay rates who are you to say we are bringing down anything? I will fly anything for the right price. Hippocrites like you trying to divide everyone into groups are what got us here in the first place. Saying we aren't good enough for larger equipment is no different than a mainline pilot saying they are too good to sit in an RJ (or a turboprop for that matter). Sure I would love it if all the flying went back to mainline and we all got jobs there and everyone lived happily ever after but I also happen to live in the real world. If/when we get larger airplanes you will gripe about it, and then as soon as your company gets them you'll be all too happy to fly them. I flew with an old ACA guy recently and he was telling me about how when they first got RJ's on the property some of the UAL guys were calling them scabs. It's all relative man. If you really want to better the profession why don't you volunteer for the union (if your company has one) and see if you can make a difference that way instead of whining about rumors that a company you don't even work for might one day get bigger airplanes. Worry about your own house and we'll worry about ours.

Did you not read what I posted. The new CRJ's and Q400's are called the NexGen aircraft. The bins are bigger. Can you say read the post!

http://www.bombardier.com/CRJ/en/NextGen/index.html

You believe everything you read? I guess that what Jerry Atkins was saying about flying the CRJ=success rings true also.

Those bins look the same size as the current 900, "sorry mam/sir that won't fit please leave it planeside and it will be available for pickup upon landing."

.... All I have to say is its damn funny to hear the reactions by republic guys when you point them out to ATC as a regional jet... its almost like you just told them they had a small penis, they find the need to go out of the way to defend thier "Mainline" jet. As for the 170 vs an rj... who the hell cares. If I had the choice I would probably like an E170, if only for the forward lav and 2 galleys. That said, I get paid more to fly my CRJ then they get to fly thier e170, and that is the biggest determiner for me.

As for the overheards, the 170 is MUCH better when it is NOT FULL, but when it is full it takes just about the same amount of time to get your bags and board as it would to just throw the bags in back, but the convenience factor is still there, so I would say vote goes to the emb. No one can deny it is a more comfortable airplane, but more and more it seems the RP "Mainline" pilots I talk to are just cocky as all can be and need to realize that just because you fly an E170 for regional rates doesn't make you a step above the rest. For the cool RP guys, sorry to write this, you know who you are and I am guessing a lot of you have seen the same things I have.

Oh yeah, MESA SUCKS.

You guys are pathetic. Your contract is so crap my airline is better than yours, my plane is better, etc etc. Who the puck cares? This is my second airline, yes I did come from Piedmont. Yes they did have a decent contract and there is a whole lot of experience there. I will say that my life has gotten 100X's better since I left. So have many others just ask them. Also remember Piedmont is nothing more than a non-profit airline, guys, wake up and smell the coffee. You fly the same equipment as Commute Air, and Colgan. Im sorry Commute air has the 200's and colgan has the 400. You still have the same wore out 100's 200's and 300's opps no 200s just 1 and 3. Your company has gotten smaller and is not headed in a good direction for the last 10 plus years. Farrow has done nothing but sit on his ass for how many years? Sorry guys. By all means your HQ was a trailer in a hanger in SBY. You are not in the same ball game as RAH, Skywest, Xjet, Wiskey, Eagle, Trans states, or even Mesa so please stop putting yourself there. It doesnt look good. I do think something will happen with you guys but the question is when? As for the other JET RJ carriers right now there are only 2 companies to be at, and your bashing them because they are doing quite well and have a somewhat future compared to yours. Sorry but you pick the wrong airline to get on with. At the Wrong time. Your nice contract gave you nothing but a head ache. Perhaps you should worry about the nice contract at the next level. Great contracts at regionals doesnt work look at the history.

Latest resources

Back