• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

question for Republic people

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Perhaps this sums up what's wrong with the "REGIONAL" world today..... Is it RAH or the RAH pilot isnt interested? Also PDT is turbo props, hmm those seem rather fuel efficient and make pretty darn good money. Hmmm PSA's planes are owned by USair thus perhaps buy the 700's and let Airways take the loss on the 200's? Who knows....

Fact of the matter is the damn EMB burns more fuel then both the 700 and 900. EMB175 more then RJ9 and EMB170 more then the CRJ7....

That fact is true, but not much more fuel burn. And, pax actually like the Ejets. (read, they are comfortable). LCC knew that when picking the E170/190 series over the CRJ 700/900/1000, RAH knew it, NWA knew it. Pax don't have to leave their carry-on's in the jet bridge while boarding, and don't have to wait 5-10 minutes for the rampies to retrieve them while 50-86 people line both sides of the jet bridge harumphing because their connection is blown.

T8

Perhaps this sums up what's wrong with the "REGIONAL" world today..... Is it RAH or the RAH pilot isnt interested? Also PDT is turbo props, hmm those seem rather fuel efficient and make pretty darn good money. Hmmm PSA's planes are owned by USair thus perhaps buy the 700's and let Airways take the loss on the 200's? Who knows....

Fact of the matter is the damn EMB burns more fuel then both the 700 and 900. EMB175 more then RJ9 and EMB170 more then the CRJ7....

compairing the 700 and and the 170 is not apples to apples. example. the Delta 170s have 6 first class seats and 64 coach versus 70 coach seats on a 700. yes the 170 burns a bit more but if increased revenue from the first class seats should offset the fuel burn difference. not to mention that you can fit bags in the 170s over head bins.

I do believe that the new Q400, 700/900 have addressed this issue of the overhead bins. Their website shows the NexGen with new lighting and E170 size overhead bins.

But still, when it comes to comfort the E-170/175 are great planes.

I would rather fly a Dash all day at 60% power and make some money than have to reset my airplane whenever the wind blows.

Don't forget the engines on the Dash are under the wings too.

Ha Ha, a Dash can't make it through the day without MX.....and at $25 an hour I bet your just rollin in the mula

I do believe that the new Q400, 700/900 have addressed this issue of the overhead bins. Their website shows the NexGen with new lighting and E170 size overhead bins.

But still, when it comes to comfort the E-170/175 are great planes.

Bins on the 400/700/900 are the same as the 200, can you say plane side check?

Well, not to be picky, but it is $26.35 for a first year f/o at pdt. How much does a first year RAH E170 f/o make per hour? While RAH does pass us on the pay scale at a point, first year pay is very important as we all know. How's your vacation policy?

cancellation pay?

First of all, it's RAH that isn't interested. It's their stated corporate goal to be an exclusive 70+ seat jet operator as soon as they can get the airframes and the partners. You can lob as many SJS accusations at us as you want, but there's a huge contingency of ex-turboprop drivers here from the old CHQ, Shuttle, or other regionals - myself included - who have flown J-Balls, Metros, Beeches, Brasilias, Saabs, Dashes, or whatever else you care to mention. There are probably more prop drivers here than any of the other jet-only regionals. I doubt many of us would have a problem flying new equipment (Q400, etc), but it's not in the corporate policy. At least not at the moment. Personally, I'd love for that to happen - new flying, new hiring, and a chance to ride the barber pole on final again.

And not to start yet another RJ dick measuring contest, but I've been a guest on enough CRJ jumpseats to know that the fuel burn difference (while notable) is not enough to sink the new ERJs. We're still paying less on maintenance than any of the CRJ companies. These planes are brand new, don't break often, and EMB is willing to give their biggest customer a few breaks here and there. Our CASM numbers speak for themselves. If they're flown properly and operated by a company that doesn't have it's head up it's ass, our planes are competitive. And since everyone is asking, first year pay is $23, vacation policy is fine, no rigs and no cancellation pay. We're essentially still operating on the old CHQ contract with 170/175 payscales tacked on. At least the people who negotiated that contract had the foresight to ensure that RW, RP and S5 were all one group for contract and seniority purposes. I doubt we'll be changing any paradigms with the contract currently in negotiation, but it'll certainly be better than the middling contract we have now.

And to get back to the original intent of the thread, RAH isn't going to be buying Piedmont or PSA. The rumors are there, but it's just the same kind of crap that floats around to either pad the ego of the guy who started it, or to stir up the anthill. I'd guess it'll happen sometime after we merge with Compass and start flying 190s for Southwest (read: NEVER).

Last edited:
Well lets just leave it as the CRJ at PSA are still under factory warrant as are your EMB crap. Thus its only the routine mx. Not that much mx is happening. Heck our oldest Rj is 4 years if that....

Anyways its a dick measuring contest. But as you already mentioned what's wrongn with the regionals is just that of your corp policy. Wanting only 70 plus seat jets while you are still a regional. Amazing thought.... Keep in mind Compass will never be purchased by RAH. If anything coming out of the talks with NWA/Delta have been they'd take the E175s themselves since they own them anyways and fly them. Also talk to any mainline pilot and they will tell ya they'd rather those be back at mainline. Amazing how that happens. Once one educates themselves they can find out the realities of the industry.

I could care less about fuel burn. I could care less about rumors.... All this ******************** is annoying. Show up do your job go home and STFU. Simple as that. Guess what? I'm pretty sure the regionals you see will be around for a while. Including MESA! yes I said it, INCLUDING mesa.

A Canadair pilot can pee further than an Embraer pilot.

CRJ's can pee further than Embraers

PDT pilots' CBA can pee further than RAH's

BB does not want PSA because their wieners are not as big as his.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back