• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

question for Republic people

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
It's not an "amazing thought" that a company would want to be a 70+ seat operator - notice what's happened to the 50 seaters lately? Our management guys happened to see this coming a couple of days before most of the others did. And why are you telling me that RAH won't buy Compass when I'm the one who said it in the first place? I would love to see these planes at mainline, just like I would love to see mainline pilots take a stand for the first time in decades and quit bending over on their scope clauses! And I do talk to mainline pilots about the new ERJs. Based on the USAir pilots I've seen who almost universally turn up their noses and laugh at their own 190 fleet, my hopes aren't exactly high for the future of scope.

If you couldn't care less about fuel burn and rumors, then why are you on flightinfo posting your opinions on fuel burn in a thread about rumors? And since you've discovered what's "wrongn" with the regionals, how about we talk about the real problem with regional pilots - everyone's too interested in having their say to shut up and listen every once in a while.

Last edited:
I do have to take exception with a comment Axel made: After witnessing an incident on the ramp during a potable water refill, I can definitively say that the Embraer can pee further than a Canadair. We just have to MEL the sinks afterwards.:rolleyes:

It's not an "amazing thought" that a company would want to be a 70+ seat operator - notice what's happened to the 50 seaters lately? Our management guys happened to see this coming a couple of days before most of the others did. And why are you telling me that RAH won't buy Compass when I'm the one who said it in the first place? I would love to see these planes at mainline, just like I would love to see mainline pilots take a stand for the first time in decades and quit bending over on their scope clauses! And I do talk to mainline pilots about the new ERJs. Based on the USAir pilots I've seen who almost universally turn up their noses and laugh at their own 190 fleet, my hopes aren't exactly high for the future of scope.

If you couldn't care less about fuel burn and rumors, then why are you on flightinfo posting your opinions on fuel burn in a thread about rumors? And since you've discovered what's "wrongn" with the regionals, how about we talk about the real problem with regional pilots - everyone's too interested in having their say to shut up and listen every once in a while.

The amazing part is you have enough time on your hands to go through and read threads and point out grammar errors and spelling MiStakEs! it just amazes me.... I give ya a 5/10 for the needs a life rating. Thus you are only 50% a loser because unlike most your counter parts you appear to know about scope.

Yet you are also the one who I can guarantee would be perfeclty happy flying the E190 if it were to come to your company. Probably the same guy who would say "Oh but our pay scales better then mainline?" Actually you seem to know your ******************** so I'd assume you arent that guy.

Regardless the point is that no one is buying anyone. Like you said Compass wont be purchased neither would PDT/PSA be. Anyways Colgan would have and be a better fit for a PDT. Why the hell would an all jet airline want to bring on Props? Hell ASA is even getting rid of their own ATRs.

Rumors are just flipping funny these days. I think you'd agree with this one as I mentioned already before, give the flipping rumor mills up. Show up do your damn job and go to F*** home. Stop posting these retarded threads in your spare time.

Well, not to be picky, but it is $26.35 for a first year f/o at pdt. How much does a first year RAH E170 f/o make per hour? While RAH does pass us on the pay scale at a point, first year pay is very important as we all know. How's your vacation policy?

Ok, to be exact first year FO's on all A/C make 24.50. RAH passes you every year after first year pay....not that it's great, just better. Don't forget the bonus that we get at Xmas time for making BB a rich man.

Our vacation policy, you mean like the buy back RAH offers at 150% if they are short crews? No cancelling of vacations here.

100% cancellation pay if we hit our completion factor for the month. RAH doesn't cancell unless the A/C cannot fly for the most part.

Meyers, you sound like that bitter guy who didn't have the mins to apply at RAH and had to take a job somewhere else. Have you ever been a pax on the CRJ 700? It's funny how you call the 170 a piece of crap......

Compass will be bought, it's just a matter of time and the language of the contract that NWA has implemented reguarding the # of A/C on peoperty.

As for reliability of the CRJ vs. the ERJ, we have had nothing but problems with the 24 A/C that we operate for CAL and BB stated in his tour of RAH that customer service from bombiedier was horrible when compared to Embraer.

The mainline pilots sealed their fate a long time ago by selling out scope. We don't get giddey seeing 190 flying through the air, it's just another A/C. If the mainline guys don't want to fly it someone will and that is just a fact. I would rather a unified group of pilots like the ones at RAH fly them then some non-union mormon group who caves at every chance of a new upgrade.

Last edited:
Meyers, you sound like that bitter guy who didn't have the mins to apply at RAH and had to take a job somewhere else. Have you ever been a pax on the CRJ 700? It's funny how you call the 170 a piece of crap......

Compass will be bought, it's just a matter of time and the language of the contract that NWA has implemented reguarding the # of A/C on peoperty.

As for reliability of the CRJ vs. the ERJ, we have had nothing but problems with the 24 A/C that we operate for CAL and BB stated in his tour of RAH that customer service from bombiedier was horrible when compared to Embraer.

The mainline pilots sealed their fate a long time ago by selling out scope. We don't get giddey seeing 190 flying through the air, it's just another A/C. If the mainline guys don't want to fly it someone will and that is just a fact. I would rather a unified group of pilots like the ones at RAH fly them then some non-union mormon group who caves at every chance of a new upgrade.

You know it all son, you know it all. BB goes to my church just FYI. Live in Indy. Same guy who left Mesaba high and dry. Glad you enjoy being a pawn in the game son I really do. Best of luck to ya! You are not worth my time nor do I care to debate with ignorant people about scope, unions, work rules etc. Funny even at the above post you are fighting with a guy on PDT stuff. When PDT doesnt fly 86 seat jets around, they arent taking mainline routes, they arent undercutting from others. But like you said you seem to know it all! Oh you did not quite say that but implications are everyting. Continue on with your vast knowledge of the 121 system and why your airline is better then the rest. As its really just a ********************ty/pissing contest. All regionals suck!

You know it all son, you know it all. BB goes to my church just FYI. Live in Indy. Same guy who left Mesaba high and dry. Glad you enjoy being a pawn in the game son I really do. Best of luck to ya! You are not worth my time nor do I care to debate with ignorant people about scope, unions, work rules etc. Funny even at the above post you are fighting with a guy on PDT stuff. When PDT doesnt fly 86 seat jets around, they arent taking mainline routes, they arent undercutting from others. But like you said you seem to know it all! Oh you did not quite say that but implications are everyting. Continue on with your vast knowledge of the 121 system and why your airline is better then the rest. As its really just a ********************ty/pissing contest. All regionals suck!

Son?.....that sounds comical comming from someone probably 10yrs younger than me who just got his first job.
I'm not fighting anyone on PDT stuff, just providing facts to some ignorant people.

In the above post you were right on 2 statements,

1. I do know everything
2. My airline IS better than yours.

Well lets just leave it as the CRJ at PSA are still under factory warrant as are your EMB crap. Thus its only the routine mx. Not that much mx is happening. Heck our oldest Rj is 4 years if that....

Anyways its a dick measuring contest. But as you already mentioned what's wrongn with the regionals is just that of your corp policy. Wanting only 70 plus seat jets while you are still a regional. Amazing thought.... Keep in mind Compass will never be purchased by RAH. If anything coming out of the talks with NWA/Delta have been they'd take the E175s themselves since they own them anyways and fly them. Also talk to any mainline pilot and they will tell ya they'd rather those be back at mainline. Amazing how that happens. Once one educates themselves they can find out the realities of the industry.

I could care less about fuel burn. I could care less about rumors.... All this ******************** is annoying. Show up do your job go home and STFU. Simple as that. Guess what? I'm pretty sure the regionals you see will be around for a while. Including MESA! yes I said it, INCLUDING mesa.

Typical "Rookie" Statement! Remember this, Rumors are rumors and you can only believe what you see. " Or read hear on Flight Info":D

Anything and I mean anything can happen in this industry in this day an age! If North West wants to sell Compass to RAH, then they can, End of story" Why It's business. If RAH wants to sell out and sell everything to Emirates then they can, End of story!! Why, it's business!!

it's Managements game, of who at the top gets the most Money in the end!! As soon as you understand that and realize that the second you say that something will never happen when in fact it could. Then your half way from figuring things out.

Meyers is just terribly jealous he's not flying an Embraer product. It's no big deal, i'd be more than happy to walk your stuff in at RAH when we start hiring again so you can come fly 190s with us!

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back