PSA Takes the 900s

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
PoorJetDriver said:
The MEC is going to send it out for a vote. It has not been endorsed. The way the MEC operated here previously (J4J, slotted bidding) they voted in garbage in the past. We now have member ratification. Don't worry it won't pass.

Good for you...fight back!!! You already have jets on the property,nows the time for a good fight,dontcha think? What you got lose? They won't shut you down.They need the feed.Fight back!! Now's your chance.

PHXFLYR:cool:

_BravoWhiskey_ said:
The way I read it, they accepted management's proposal in order to put it to a vote... it is not a done deal yet, they are simply forwarding it to the line pilots to decide, as is proper.

I hope they have some good roadshows and educate the "newbies" as to what the ramifications of voting yes would be. A quick upgrade to fly a 90 seat jet rings pretty hollow when all your gonna make are 50 seat pay rates to fly it. Vote NO ,guys...and good luck!

PHXFLYR :cool:

FreightNazi said:
What's the big deal about a single pay rate? I get paid the same on my puny 727 as one of our A-380 Captains will be in a couple of years.

BFD....

PHXFLYR:cool:

I hope they have some good roadshows and educate the "newbies" as to what the ramifications of voting yes would be. A quick upgrade to fly a 90 seat jet rings pretty hollow when all your gonna make are 50 seat pay rates to fly it. Vote NO ,guys...and good luck!

It isn't the newbies to be worried about. We are the ones living on scraps and to fly a 90 seater for the same money is just plain stupid. The senior ones are the ones that are going to try to sway the vote towards Yes. They screwed us before and i hope it won't happen again.

Jpilot23 said:
oooopps... i already sent my cover letter saying CONGRATS on the 900's...probably won't be getting that call now

Congrats? Why would you congratulate someone for losing all self-respect and whoring themself out for pennies on the dollar?

Vote NO!!! Don't sink the industry another inch towards rock-bottom.

Hooray for regionals flying 90 seat jets! While we're at it lets make the fuzzy line of distinction even fuzzier.

I hope to hell that the rate is a lot more, if not then yep, another sellout.

I hope this doesn't pass, then there will be another regional flying non-regional jets, AND we'll have one less thing to make fun of Mesa for. And that's important.

That plane is plain stupid anyway.

All of these holy then thou types are kinda funny....... How's that mountain top your sitting on???

As everyone has pointed out in other threads on other topics and such. Straight pay rate isn't all that matters.

And to clarify something, It's not 50 seat rates, it's a ratio'd rate. The sr. guys did screw the Jr. F/o's last time around. But the current rates and soon to be rates are higher than mesa, which combined with work rules = higher W2 then them, and when looked at, in the ballpark of other regionals. Whatever decision that's made is made, for whatever variety of reasons.

Does it equate to a sell out....hardly. Aircraft won't goto Mainline, won't see them there ever again. Can thank whomever you want for that.
Aircraft can easily go anyplace else. No PSA won't be shut down (at least I don't believe so) BUT who knows what will happen. Aug. 1st I guess we'll see. Until then, the rest of you, whom prob. have equal or less W2's, butt out.

Last edited:
Crzipilot said:
All of these holy then thou types are kinda funny....... How's that mountain top your sitting on???

Until then, the rest of you, whom prob. have equal or less W2's, butt out.

Yeah, butt out. It's not like anything that one pilot group does has an effect on another. OH WAIT - YES IT DOES! The RAA is drooling at comments like yours.

Latest resources

Back