PSA Takes the 900s

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
ImbracableCrunk said:
Yeah, butt out. It's not like anything that one pilot group does has an effect on another. OH WAIT - YES IT DOES! The RAA is drooling at comments like yours.

True....... And I would believe if PDT were to get Q400's this will now set us up to fly them at Dash 8 300 rates and we won't have a leg to stand on! There vote will have a impact on PDT and a bunch of airlines!!!!

Vote NO!!!!!

As everyone has pointed out in other threads on other topics and such. Straight pay rate isn't all that matters.

Yes you are right.
PSA needs to address our QOL issues. FAY, XNA... Nothing like living your life in an industrial park, or worse overlooking the airport. There is a reason why 85% of the flight attendents do not make it to Year One. Our hotels are unacceptable, our pay is way below "Industry Standards" (F/O). If these items are not going to change then No Way to 900's.
Our job is simple, fly people from A to B.
Now it is up to management to find a way to make a profit doing so. And if they can't find a way to charge $.22 per pax more to give me a fair salary then i think it is time they find a new profession. It isn't called selling tickets if you give them away!

Crzipilot said:
And to clarify something, It's not 50 seat rates, it's a ratio'd rate. The sr. guys did screw the Jr. F/o's last time around. But the current rates and soon to be rates are higher than mesa, which combined with work rules = higher W2 then them, and when looked at, in the ballpark of other regionals. Whatever decision that's made is made, for whatever variety of reasons.

Mesa's 900 Pay http://www.airlinepilotcentral.com/airlines/major-national-lcc/mesa.html

PSA 900 Soon to be Rate http://www.airlinepilotcentral.com/airlines/regional/psa.html

I see that MESA has a higher hourly rate! Vote NO!!!!

Jpilot23 said:
I *want* to be employed.

Are shinny jet syndrome, fly a jet for whatever you are offered with no regards to the effect it has on everyone else. This is why this industry is f#cked with the likes of you. Not everyone lives at home with mommy and has no bills to pay.

Every so often a group of guys with RAA lapel pins get together and say, "Ok, whose turn is it to screw their pilot group with a 'growth' paycut?"

They all chuckle and one will say, "I bet my pilots will fly it for five bucks less an hour than yours will!"

And they again will all laugh - at whoever takes the bait.

It doesn't have to be any of us! Don't fall prey to the attitude "If we don't do it someone else will." It's time we all got together and stopped letting the CEOs get bonuses for dividing and conquering the pilot groups!

They hinted in the announcement meeting toward 150 for the first 20.

IF it passes good luck!

PSACPSP

Do we have any assurances that the 200's won't disappear IF we accept the 900's?
I would hate to see some poor new hire get furloughed after IOE!

On another note: 900's are bad for pilot job security. You can haul more people less frequently. Meaning less pilot jobs and reduced hours for those flying. For every 2 900's on property, we could lose 3 200's, and still carry the same amount of people. 33% of pilots could lose their jobs if we vote yes. All the more reason to just say NO!

Victor Meldrew said:
Are shinny jet syndrome, fly a jet for whatever you are offered with no regards to the effect it has on everyone else. This is why this industry is f#cked with the likes of you. Not everyone lives at home with mommy and has no bills to pay.

so basically what your saying, is that i'm willing to work as a flight instructor at an FBO that has one plane(150), fly maybe if i'm lucky 25 hours a month, put up with all kinds of the BS that goes along with small airport politics. prepare a resume, cover, network, and actually view some of the BS that goes on flightinfo.com....alllll b/c my goal is to get hired to work somewhere that pays me more than $14/hr. thats why regional airline pilots are not getting paid what YOU think they should. some how i thought i'd have less impact on the airline industry than that. Hey "victor" i'm just a squirrel trying to get a nut.

ex j-41 said:
Do we have any assurances that the 200's won't disappear IF we accept the 900's?
I would hate to see some poor new hire get furloughed after IOE!

On another note: 900's are bad for pilot job security. You can haul more people less frequently. Meaning less pilot jobs and reduced hours for those flying. For every 2 900's on property, we could lose 3 200's, and still carry the same amount of people. 33% of pilots could lose their jobs if we vote yes. All the more reason to just say NO!

Do you have any assurances in life period? NO...I'm not pitching this like I'm for it or not and I'm not going to post my opinions about it on an open Forum. You can call me and discuss anything you want about the proposal

Do you have a vote? (are you off probabtion?) Because I find it interesting that you are so vocal here on FI yet I recall not long ago you PM'ing me wanting a job.

It's interesting that you quoted me but maybe you should read my post about 5 times to emphasize the IF! And if you still don't get it, call me!

PSACPSP

Latest resources

Back