• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

PSA Takes the 900s

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
The way I read it, they accepted management's proposal in order to put it to a vote... it is not a done deal yet, they are simply forwarding it to the line pilots to decide, as is proper.

The MEC is going to send it out for a vote. It has not been endorsed. The way the MEC operated here previously (J4J, slotted bidding) they voted in garbage in the past. We now have member ratification. Don't worry it won't pass.

I hope the group has the sense to turn it down, but I have a bad feeling about it. I know its not my company but I believe it will have an impact on mine. What do you other PSA'ers think? Will your group vote it in or not?

Industry-wide, how many pilot groups have rejected TAs in, say, the last five years? I truly don't know. Anyone?

I understand the pilot group wanting to keep it democratic by having the MEC forward significant issues for member ratification, but that's a double-edged sword.

Good luck PSAers. I hope you guys avoid the temptation to take the planes now and *try* to negotiate better rates later.

This is exactly what should happen. Let the pilots vote and make their voice heard. That is what unions are all about right? If they vote to take the airplanes its well within their rights just as its their right to vote no..

Funny how all the Piedmont guys are supporting PSA not taking the 900s, ummmm seems to me that it would be in their best interests for PSA not taking the 900s since they are next in line for that contract....all this bs about setting standard for the industry is just a facade for their own gain. Let the PSA guys decide for themselves!!!! as far as the Union is concerned, that the 900s go to PSA or Piedmont, they still get their paycheck!!!

There is not going to be a race to the bottom because I have faith that this pilot group will do the right thing, take the MEC's recommendation and say NO!!!

We are going to get the 900's anyways! Lets get something for them. God knows that JR, KH and TK are all going to get a raise. We should too!

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back