Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

PSA runs off runway during a aborted takeoff at CRW!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Perhaps the flaps were up because the crew did an after landing and or shutdown checklist after the abort.

Last edited:
A highspeed abort on a 6,200 ft runway? At the highspeed regime at CRW, unless a wing fell off, I'm going.........

Not judging this crew, since I do not know the specifics of the situation.

Past history of rejected TOs has shown pilots carrying aborts for things that would still have made the aircraft flyable/controllable in the air, with worse results ending in the high speed abort.

During recurrent this past year, an instructor asked if you'd take a highspeed abort for a hydraulic system 3 caution. You'd be surprised how many people will say 'yes.' You'd be silly to. Assuming you have lost all hydraulic system 3, you just lost your inboard brakes on the CR2. Good luck stopping now. Much better to continue the TO, do a pattern/QRH, and come back for a landing.

Pinnacle's book used to be written to abort for a master warning or a perception that an aircraft is unable or unsafe to fly. Now they removed the master warning portion, and now it says below V1, a TO is aborted if there is any perception if the aircraft is unable or unsafe to fly.

Think of what this means. They do not want you @#%@# around in the highspeed regime of takeoff. Personally, I think we should call out V1 at V1-5 knots. Several CR2 operators already do this. If you callout V1 at V1, and a problem occurs a second before, by the time you abort, the aircraft will be above V1. All book calculations of stopping are now out the window.

Latest resources

Back