Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

PSA runs off runway during a aborted takeoff at CRW!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Pants replacement needed around the 5er......................

This is going to be interesting to see and hear the details on. Hopefully, our traning department is looking at this and taking notes for recurrent- I've often wondered about this event prior to this debacle. Next time into CRW, take a look at the amount of runway left at V1 when you take off from runway 23. Do you honestly think you'd stop the RJ on that much pavement without the EMAS? I don't think so...............

Pants replacement needed around the 5er......................

This is going to be interesting to see and hear the details on. Hopefully, our traning department is looking at this and taking notes for recurrent- I've often wondered about this event prior to this debacle. Next time into CRW, take a look at the amount of runway left at V1 when you take off from runway 23. Do you honestly think you'd stop the RJ on that much pavement without the EMAS? I don't think so...............

They will have to review this. Sometimes the Go decisions is better then the no go one.
If they hit V1, and still had a engine then they shoulda' went. But then again I have absolutely no details at all on what happened.
Just glad everyone is safe and the plane had mininumal damage.

Could it have been a flap config warning? The flaps are up in both pictures.

They're probably up in order to make it easier for the recovery effort- less hanging in the way for airbags.......... Just a guess.

If they were up before the T/O Roll, they should have gotten a config warning well before V1. That would have been a 60/80 knot abort at most................

EMAS cannot be considered when calculating balance field length....remember accelerate stop distance is not the same thing.
EMAS portion of the runway is a part of the balanced field length because it is considered to be a part of the stopway or so I had thought?

If the takeoff config flaps warning worked. Things can fail. There is nothing in my QRH that tells me to put the flaps up after what they did. Good observation about the flaps.. Things that make you go hum...

Latest resources

Back