• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

PSA just official became the bottom feeder

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
And Metro you are right... All the PDT crew just cant wait for those 6 DASH 8's out in PHX and possibly flying them. Hell one of their CA's literally said that during a crew news in CLT, "Well we're ready today to fly them."

Right, and the contract and payrates at PDT are much better than the airline currently flying them.

I don't see anything wrong with raising the bar, unlike some airlines.

The problem is that PSA has more Leverage then Piedmont. Do you really think all this is gonna help our (PDT) contract neg. that we are currently in? I can see management now saying that the only way will get the additional Dash 8's is if we fly them at Mesa's rates. Hopefully this doesn't get thrown in our face during our neg.
US Airways made 279 million last quarter........ You should have been saying, "Show us the money".

shameful. I am sure a lot of the PSA guys especially FO's are thinking if we can just get these 900's we can upgrade then I can get the hell out of here. Well, with these kind of actions you are killing the positions you are hoping to get someday. Mainline guys shot theirselves in the foot when they sold scope and turned their noses to the 90 seaters. However, in order to restore our careers one day I hope all my mainline brothers and sisters will continue the current fight to restore scope and hopefully take back mainline flying. If this happens then you guys that are hoping to move on to a mainline carrier will have a chance. Otherwise the whole domestic system will dam near be RJ's and most of you will retire from a regional. I remember when the PSA guys had dignity and told management to take their BS propaganda elsewhere and demanded fair rates and wouldn't settle for anything less. Well PSA IS NOT THE BOTTOM 900 PAYRATES, but what they agreed to is shameful, but what do you expect, the MEC Chairman is the ex management, the old chief pilot. He was liked so much as a CP someone crapped in his V-file and now he is the pilots leadership, how ironic. Thats my 2 cent rant. you guys made your bed, now you guys will have to lay in it.

A short sighted pilot group that has harmed the industry that the rest of us are trying to save. Its hard to raise the bar when you have groups like this undermining collective efforts. PSA will never get the 900 and Mesa will now fly it for even less. The upgrade carrot was held high and now USAir managment has new leverage for getting even more out of the Mesa w*************************.

Pathetic...

A short sighted pilot group that has harmed the industry that the rest of us are trying to save. Its hard to raise the bar when you have groups like this undermining collective efforts. PSA will never get the 900 and Mesa will now fly it for even less. The upgrade carrot was held high and now USAir managment has new leverage for getting even more out of the Mesa w*************************.

Pathetic...

Winner, Winner........ Chicken Dinner!!!!!!

PDT jet rates don't expire as they're part of the '02 agreement. The 400 rates expired in '09. We got that in there to see how serious management was about bringing those aircraft on the property. It gave them a time frame long enough to order them and get one online before the rates would have to be negotiated again.

Meyers, you need a "research" button on your computer before you spout. Those 900s Mesa flies were there before the US/AWA merger. PSA turning down the "rates" had nothing to do with those jets, they were for optioned aircraft that ended up being canceled.

Is that how you buy a car? Tell the sales person, "I'm going to buy THAT car!!!" then work on the numbers? Commit to something and then figure out if you can afford it? That just doesn't compute.

you dont buy it you fly it. no wonder you guys got outplayed by management.

Latest resources

Back