• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

President of ALPA tells regionals to bend over

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
You won't get the bikini model, no matter what you do, that's an outcome I can easily predict, unless of course you pay her. If you don't play tough guy, then you play weak guy. I will play tough guy and hold out for more, but you don't have to, because you "planned well", sht, you are loaded! Jesus Christ, you may be the World's Most Interesting Man. It is an entitlement mentality. I am entitled to the same pay and QOL work rules that other airline pilots get for similar work. I planned well too. I am not taking less for the service that I provide, and since I have a vote in the matter, I will use it to affect a desirable outcome for my personal interests and the interests of my colleagues. I appreciate your market analysis and pretentious pontifications, but they fall flat for me. I am the one doing the work. You are an outsider, therefore, you know not what you speak of. Who cares if you did it ten years ago and walked ten miles in the snow to school. You're not doing it now. You are irrelevant.

Corrections:

You are entitled to nothing. You get what you negotiate. You can attempt to effect a desirable outcome, but there is no way to predict that in advance. In fact, if you thought it was that likely, you would not be on FI in sackcloth and ashes. As far as my irrelevancy, it sounds like your position has been deemed somewhat irrelevant too, by ALPA leadership.

As for me:
I don't always leave comments on flightinfo, but when I do, they tend to irritate you.

It's all in the negotiation.

I was making a joke about getting a degree at bum-f_ck online University in electronics. Problem is the guy hauling your garbage, delivering your gas, or pumping your septic is making much more than you make flying an airplane. Sad, but true. And me too. Who is the sucker...

Corrections:

You are entitled to nothing. You get what you negotiate. You can attempt to effect a desirable outcome, but there is no way to predict that in advance. In fact, if you thought it was that likely, you would not be on FI in sackcloth and ashes. As far as my irrelevancy, it sounds like your position has been deemed somewhat irrelevant too, by ALPA leadership.

As for me:
I don't always leave comments on flightinfo, but when I do, they tend to irritate you.

I am entitled to that which I can obtain lawfully. Pilot groups most certainly affect the outcome of their final contract by the vote they cast on any TA. As far as being in "sackcloth and ashes", you may have used that archaic term out of context. That term describes an individual who is seeking forgiveness or mourning an event. It is an old Jewish term. I seek no forgiveness for my position, nor am I mourning anything. Since we are getting Biblical, let's invoke the God of Israel and the wisdom of his followers to strengthen our cause for just compensation:

Romans 4:4
Now to the one who works, his wages are not counted as a gift but as his due.

Last edited:
Fact #1 Every plane out there requires a finite number of pilots to operate.

Fact #2 If the above planes are not operating, they are very expensive.

Fact #3 The airlines need to operate airplanes to make money, the little bags of snacks business is very competitive, and given the level of incompetence at the airline exec level, Quaker Oats will kick their azzes every time.

Fact #4 Pilots are the one group they cannot operate without.

FUPM

It's ironic that this guy never would have been elected president if it weren't for the support of so many regional MECs. Many of you who are complaining should be taking out your frustrations on your own status reps who voted for him.

I am entitled to that which I can obtain lawfully. Pilot groups most certainly affect the outcome of their final contract by the vote they cast on any TA. As far as being in "sackcloth and ashes", you may have used that archaic term out of context. That term describes an individual who is seeking forgiveness or mourning an event. It is an old Jewish term. I seek no forgiveness for my position, nor am I mourning anything. Since we are getting Biblical, let's invoke the God of Israel and the wisdom of his followers to strengthen our cause for just compensation:

Romans 4:4
Now to the one who works, his wages are not counted as a gift but as his due.

Go ahead and hold out for the pay you want. I would be the last one to try and talk you out of it. However, be prepared for the fact that you MIGHT price yourself out of the market. Maybe not. Never know, management groups might be bluffing.

As long as there is a cheaper alternative, expect the mainlines to seriously consider using another carrier.

Supply and demand, simple as that.

And you do seem fairly mournful.

Go ahead and hold out for the pay you want. I would be the last one to try and talk you out of it. However, be prepared for the fact that you MIGHT price yourself out of the market. Maybe not. Never know, management groups might be bluffing.

As long as there is a cheaper alternative, expect the mainlines to seriously consider using another carrier.

Supply and demand, simple as that.

And you do seem fairly mournful.

The "cheaper alternatives" are beginning to have a hard time finding new hires. Lakes and Silver are using captains as first officers, and even so it seems they are having to cancel flights and are pulling out of some markets. There's also the 5000.00 dollar bait that Republic and Eagle are being forced to offer to try and entice new hires...
Maybe age 65, 1500 hour minimums, the new rest rules, along with the long downhill slide of pay/benefits/and quality of life have changed the "supply and demand" side of that equation!:beer:

Simple as that!!:smash:

Last edited:
The only reason ALPO ever bothered to organise regional carriers was to dissuade them from scabbing when the majors strike...and to bring in a bit of extra cash...

The only reason ALPO ever bothered to organise regional carriers was to dissuade them from scabbing when the majors strike...and to bring in a bit of extra cash...

You're an idiot. The regional carriers cost ALPA far more money than they bring in in dues.

Latest resources

Back