• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

President of ALPA tells regionals to bend over

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
The 1500 hour rule can't hurt the bargaining position of regional pilots, but I'm not sure it will help it very much.

Anything that limits who a regional may hire is a plus for labor. But maybe not a big one.

The 1500 hour rule can't hurt the bargaining position of regional pilots, but I'm not sure it will help it very much.

Anything that limits who a regional may hire is a plus for labor. But maybe not a big one.

I bet it backfires and ends up being a net negative. I've heard management use the phrase 'Multi Crew Licence' more times than I care to remember lately.

Also, "The old system of pilot training is dead, so we are going to need to find a new one. We're currently looking into a few new ideas."

So lets think this over. We split ALPA three ways and you have it your way. If based on this your whole purpose of this would be for better contracts. How do you see this happening?

How much more are you willing to pay in dues for representation?
How do you plan to get better legal representation? (See above)
How do you plan on getting low rate supplemental insurance programs with low premiums?
How do you plan on affecting change with legislation?
How do you plan on combating the RAA?
How do you plan on having a international voice?
How much you willing to pay to have someone get your medical back timely?

Someone lay out a realistic vision of what you see happening and how would it work if you ditched ALPA?

Instead of blaming ALPA for the business decisions of your company how about get creative in what you need in your CBAs based on the sector of the industry your in. Some ideas:
A BOD seat with voting rights on ASAs
BOD seat on compensation committee
A requirement of being on the RPF negotiating committee

^^^^^

You are either Rez with a new screen name or PCL?

How are those "Lee Moak Doesn't Speak For Me!" stickers coming? Have heard around the crew room multiple times they were being made.

But I don't suppose they'll ask for an appropriately smaller amount of dues....

Pretty sure your dues are a percentage of your pay, right? If I have to explain it to you, you should sign up for a math course at your local community college. This is why no one takes pilots seriously. Simple concepts.....

Latest resources

Back