• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Please BUY AAI!!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
This is a pointless discussion. As cheap as SWA is, they will never pay retail for anything...including other airlines. As long as AAI is a going concern, I just can't see it being worth the price.
It wouldn't necessary cost Southwest anything. Gary Kelly could offer AAI shareholders 3/4 share of LUV for every share AAI and probably get the deal done. From day 1, LUV would control an operation that has been averaging a $10 million/month operating profit for the last 15 months. Also, Southwest and Airtran would stop competing in alot of markets which would help LUV's RASM performance.

If Gary Kelly is a bean counter, you can be sure he is crunching the numbers. If his numbers indicate a merger will benefit LUV longterm, he will pull the trigger on the deal. It is not personal, just business.

From this junior AAI FO, I would gladly take some kind of fair integration with a no furlough clause. I am on the bottom here. I would much rather be on the bottom there. I would come to work happy and with a smile every time.

Most guys and gals here at AAI have been hired post 9/11. What percentage of your group have been hired since then?

yeah- 5897 pilots

pilot # 3230 has a DOH of 9/13/2001

Really Genital?

Our payscales are a bit higher than Airtrans?

You mean a bit highert than Delta's right?

Funny stuff buddy.

I think the SWA 4th year F/O's make the same as our 4th year CA's now...

So yeah, I guess you could say SWA pilots make "a bit" more than AirTran pilots. But so does nearly every OTHER major airline. Some airlines' "bit" is more than others, I guess. ;)

Latest resources

Back