• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Pinnacle/Mesaba/Colgan SLI!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
SEVEN, ive been off for a week...are we supposed to hear something today?..im out of the loop...for some reason I thought it was gonna be the 15th before we heard anything???

SEVEN, ive been off for a week...are we supposed to hear something today?..im out of the loop...for some reason I thought it was gonna be the 15th before we heard anything???
Not sure this announcement is about the SLI. Different announcement if you will.

ahhh new uniforms maybe? no doubt at the pilots expense...purely Pinnacle...sounds big to me..

I was in a band in the mid nineties called Your Mom.

This law basically was concieved after the 2001 TWA screw job by American and was passed sometime later. Regarding mergers and aqcuisitions:

"The McCaskill-Bond amendment requires "provisions shall be made for the integration of seniority lists in a fair and equitable manner" and that disputes over seniority be submitted to binding arbitration."

I don't know how some think that the LOA can be applied. This law is more restrictive and was passed after the LOA and it requires things like career expectations to be considered.

This is off the thread but personally I don't know how an arbitrator can avoid some type of fencing of aircraft. For Example: other than roughly the top 75 pilots at 9E who are already captains on the 900, what 9E pilots realistically had the career expectation to jump up to the 900 and fly it out of DTW, MSP, MEM? Similiarily, what Mesaba Saab Captain had the expectation to be a captain on the Q400 anywhere?

Even if one looks at relative seniority, a 9E 2002 hire could go ahead of a 1999 hire at Mesaba. So now the 2002 9E 200 captain gets a 900 captain slot in DTW, MSP, MEM and also gets all the perks of the new contract. That would be a windfall to the 9E guy at the expense of an XJ guy.

Where does a 1999 hire at xj bid on the 900 in msp? In the 200 in msp for 9e the 2002 hire would be in the top 50. If it were me I would not make the move and sacrifice the qol for a few bucks an hour. It could even be considered a windfall if a mid seniority 900 guy went to the 200 and bid near the top.

Where does a 1999 hire at xj bid on the 900 in msp? In the 200 in msp for 9e the 2002 hire would be in the top 50. If it were me I would not make the move and sacrifice the qol for a few bucks an hour. It could even be considered a windfall if a mid seniority 900 guy went to the 200 and bid near the top.
I'm a 99 hire. I'm not in the top 50 in MSP, and I'm would not be in the top 1/3 of the XJ 200s. With straight RS I would be online with a June 03 (end of training) 9E pilot, which you are telling me would not even put me in the top 50 of your 200 list. In NO WAY could this be considered a windfall.....for me anyways.

Latest resources

Back