• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Pinnacle/Mesaba/Colgan SLI!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
This is the wisest thing that I have read on this board in nearly a decade. Like southern race relations, northern union-baiting, or a host of other social issues keep the poor at each others' throats with empty rhetoric while the rich get richer.
GMAB-the poor too often do it to themselves. It's the old blame game nowadays. Blame other people for your perceived failures.

Flyer, Get off your high horse. One list is in your best interest too, just like sink rate said. I can except long term this merger is in the best interest of my profession, but I will not sit here and pretend this merger is the best for me and the other top 350-400 pilots at Mesaba. Stop acting like you saved us from something.

Can you see into the future? NO? Then you have no idea what would have happened so quit speculating. Delta changes their mind's all the time, who knows what would have happened.

At the end of the day, whenever that is, I will accept what is about to happen and move on.

I like most of the guys that took the LOA, and they are glad they took it. They made thousands of dollars more than they would have staying and have had a dramatically better life. Stop acting like we screwed over your pilot's, we didn't.

In reality, Mesaba should have told express guys "tough s*&t for you". Then we wouldn't be having this conversation. But fortunately, they were above that and have spent the last 14 years trying to stop the wipsaw. We finally have a chance to stop it. Stop whining about the LOA.

Again, get over it.

Please point out what I have been incorrect on.
I am man enough to admit that that I was misinformed on some of the A model Saabs coming from Express. All the Saabs were delivered prior to my employment (except the exchange in 2002, which was to keep from incurring costs due to the fleet change over). I was never told of an exchange of aircraft due to the '97 service agreement. When I was hired in '99, all the Saabs had XJ tail numbers, the B+s had been delivered directly from the factory, and had no reason to research the history of the As' until now. After research, some, not all, had come to be XJs from Express. And those aircraft made up a small percentage of the entire fleet. So it seems, I was wrong.

Now we have debated several points over the last couple of pages. A lot is strewn with your own opinion, mis-information, and some inaccuracies on your part (9E never operating Freedom planes for one). That's human nature though, and is evidenced ad nauseum here on FI.

The difference between us is that I have humility, and can openly admit when I made a mistake. How about you?

Now we have debated several points over the last couple of pages. A lot is strewn with your own opinion, mis-information, and some inaccuracies on your part (9E never operating Freedom planes for one). That's human nature though, and is evidenced ad nauseum here on FI.

I never said we never operated ex-freedom aircraft (we did on a temporary basis for about 6 months total). We dont currently operate these aircraft but Mesaba on the other hand operates to this day some ex-freedom planes on a permanent basis.

I try to present opinion as such and that should be obvious but what mis-information are you referring to?

will you guys get over it-they are not freedoms planes, Pinnacle's planes-Mesaba's planes...etc etc etc. They are Delta's planes and they can do what they want with them when service agreements are done or broken. Any-repeat any good will gesture on Mesaba's union to offer credit on seniority was just that-good will. I guess when we wanted some similar good will during our screwjob of a bankruptcy was turned down since it is obvious that Pinnacle has no good will-now or then. Then they just refused, today they are making crap up as they go along in order to steal seniority

I never said we never operated ex-freedom aircraft (we did on a temporary basis for about 6 months total). We dont currently operate these aircraft but Mesaba on the other hand operates to this day some ex-freedom planes on a permanent basis.

I try to present opinion as such and that should be obvious but what mis-information are you referring to?
Yes, you no longer operate them, but the context of the conversation at the time was the LOA and whether one should offer seniority when taking another airlines aircraft. You stated that
1) XJ required Express pilot to "surrender" (mis-information via word choice) seniority to come with the aircraft.
2) ASA should give you seniority if your aircraft are taken by DAL, and given to ASA. Also that this would be covered under the ALPA fragmentation policy (another mis-information).
My point was, and is, that 9E did not offer Freedom any senority when they took the Freedom aircraft. I'm pretty sure your stll operating some xxxCA airplanes too, but didn't offer them seniority. Evidently the ALPA fragmentation policy didn't matter then.

Personally, over the years I have agreed with a majority if your posts, and I have the upmost respect for your opinion over some others on here. Unfortunately, when you mix fact with opinion, it comes out as a mis-information to those not "in the know." I appreciate that you called me out on my mistake, and I hope that you would feel the same way as I call you out on yours.

Latest resources

Back