• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Pinnacle/Mesaba/Colgan SLI!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I never said we were. All I'm asking for is for you XJers to be a little more humble.. and keep in mind where you could be.

We've already been there. How about you guys need to be humble. Just think where you could be.....enjoying your min day, trip guarantee and raise? You can thank my MEC. Wise up.

If you look at just today as you like to, no 50 seaters leaving, no flow guys leaving, and all the saabs going away(snapshot). 250 (at least needed for proper staffing)-200(lost from saab)=50 jobs gained(snapshot).
Give me a break. Your math is fabricated. Mesaba's addition is NOT going to build 50 jobs. It's going to take away 200 once the Saabs are gone. Pinnacle was hiring and upgrading even BEFORE the JCBA was TA'ed. Last year, Pinnacle hired 120-130 new FOs and upgrade several dozens. This year, even BEFORE the JCBA, Pinnacle planned to hire at least 200-250 pilots and upgrade throughout the year. Mesaba's addition does not add any positive jobs. If anything, 4-6+ year stale FOs at Mesaba will jump at upgrades at others' expense. And make no mistake, the junior end of the list (consisting of all 3 9E/XJ/9L) will share the brunt of the cuts from the Saabs being parked. There is nothing positive from Mesaba's addition.
And don't forget. Your XJ brethren offered 9E Saab CAs 2 for 1, Jetstream CAs 3-for-1, and FOs a staple when MSP flying started disappearin. Don't expect everyone to just forget history.

The monthly revenue is set up to make the payment to Delta and gaurentees a profit. Pinnacle is not our saviors. Delta scripted all of this.
Regardless, if Pinnacle Holdings didn't "buy" Mesaba, Mesaba would be at 60 airplanes (all CRJs) by end of 2012. In a large way, it is a savior. And now, the cuts on the junior end will not be just XJ guys from the parking of the Saabs, but junior 9E and 9L guys too.

Give me a break. Your math is fabricated. Mesaba's addition is NOT going to build 50 jobs. It's going to take away 200 once the Saabs are gone. Pinnacle was hiring and upgrading even BEFORE the JCBA was TA'ed. Last year, Pinnacle hired 120-130 new FOs and upgrade several dozens. This year, even BEFORE the JCBA, Pinnacle planned to hire at least 200-250 pilots and upgrade throughout the year. Mesaba's addition does not add any positive jobs. If anything, 4-6+ year stale FOs at Mesaba will jump at upgrades at others' expense. And make no mistake, the junior end of the list (consisting of all 3 9E/XJ/9L) will share the brunt of the cuts from the Saabs being parked. There is nothing positive from Mesaba's addition.
And don't forget. Your XJ brethren offered 9E Saab CAs 2 for 1, Jetstream CAs 3-for-1, and FOs a staple when MSP flying started disappearin. Don't expect everyone to just forget history.

I think you are missing the point with his statement. The contract that we all have now is mostly the old Mesaba contract. By implementing that contract, the entire company needs to staff 250 more pilots than with the piece of crap you (and Colgan) were working with before the merger. I can't verify the number, but I see his point.

edit: OMG, I didn't see the LOA remark. Is Express 1 owned by Mesaba because of that transaction? Of course not. That means it was a different situation. If Delta took your 200's tomorrow, and gave them to ASA, would you think that was the same type of situation Mesaba and Pinnacle are in now? That is what you are trying to say. My guess is you would be happy if ASA offered you a job (if you were going to get furloughed) let alone including some seniority. Oh, and we weren't offered jack sh!t when you guys were getting 200's as we were getting furloughed, going through shamruptcy. Not even offered a job. God bless when I have to fly with guys that act like the things you are spewing out.

Last edited:
Your XJ brethren offered 9E Saab CAs 2 for 1, Jetstream CAs 3-for-1, and FOs a staple when MSP flying started disappearin. Don't expect everyone to just forget history.

Not worth it. Call your reps. You're getting your own history you profess not to forget wrong.

Regardless, if Pinnacle Holdings didn't "buy" Mesaba, Mesaba would be at 60 airplanes (all CRJs) by end of 2012. In a large way, it is a savior. And now, the cuts on the junior end will not be just XJ guys from the parking of the Saabs, but junior 9E and 9L guys too.

And with the flow, and Delta hiring (snapshot), I was looking at being on the 900 as a Captain, as opposed to the Saab, real soon. (snapshot). And then, I was going to be flowing to Delta in the next 3 years of Delta hiring (snapshot). Sounds like Pinnacle isn't my savior. It sounds like I got screwed out of an easy way to get to the next part of my career.

And with the flow, and Delta hiring (snapshot), I was looking at being on the 900 as a Captain, as opposed to the Saab, real soon. (snapshot). And then, I was going to be flowing to Delta in the next 3 years of Delta hiring (snapshot). Sounds like Pinnacle isn't my savior. It sounds like I got screwed out of an easy way to get to the next part of my career.

You can always return that Delta hat or just sell it to a Compass pilot!!

Latest resources

Back